Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parking Sensors

Magor

alright guys to put it simple these parking sensors are doing my $%&*$*% head in

ive had my fiesta mk7 now for near a year had it last march and had the parking sensors installed as my parents thought it was a good option but the other day instead of the normal one beep i have been having for near a year now i have the single beep plus an extra 2 high pitched beeps which isnt the nicest of sound, was wondering if any of you guys have the sensors fitted and if you have the normal beep to tell you the sensors are on or have you got the 3 beeps like ive mentioned ive had for the last couple of days?

ive taken it back to ford and they are telling me that its all fine and thats how it should of been since day one :/

ive explained that its never happened before and they are puzzled even one of the sales guys said his parking sensors only give off the one beep ?!?!

just wondering if any of you guys could help me out cheers

My sensors make no sound initially to tell you they are on. Once you start to get near something it starts beeping. The beeping gets faster until it becomes a single tone when about 1 foot away. There is only one beeping sound and just the frequency changes.

Are they factory fitted or aftermarket sensors?

factory i got ford themselves to fit them

i just think its a way around them having to pay out to repair or replace the sensors as they are still under warranty

If the dealer fitted them they might not be the same as you get from the factory. I described the factory ones above. Other sensor installations may have dfferent beeps.

Do you have just rear sensors or front and rear sensors? Do you have a parking sensor button on your dashboard?

Have you tried testing them? Sit in the car with the ignition on but engine off. Put it in reverse and get someone to move their hand closer and closer to the sensor and see what the beeps do.

yh the dealer fitted them, i just have the rear sensors mate but i sat down for an hour with 3 different people earlier trying to explain that its never happened before but they just seem to all say its meant to happen,

my argument is tho it hasnt happened since ive had it only the past 3 days but it doesnt seem right :/

ive checked all 4 sensors separately but they seem fine

my argument is tho it hasnt happened since ive had it only the past 3 days but it doesnt seem right :/

If that's the case, I can't argue with you buddy. Did they work the same as I described before they went screwy?

no they used to beep once to tell me they were turned on and then just a beep when i am close then the frequency changes as i get closer to an object

this is how they explained how the sensors would work when i bought the car from them, now they are telling me different

finally ford phoned up, and agreed that there is a fault with the sensors and said theyll replace them tomorrow

happy days

and also if anyone has a guide on how to remove the wing mirror covers as i just orders a pair of panther black ones and will be here friday

and also if anyone has a guide on how to remove the wing mirror covers as i just orders a pair of panther black ones and will be here friday

Grab and pull :) There is a technique but it's very difficult to explain - I'll try and make a video soon.