Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide Additional 12V Power Socket In Boot Focus Mk2.5

Lenny

Another successful and happy customer thanks to Lenny and Stoney!

IMAG0451.jpg

and FYI - the 28mm hole drill was bang on the right size (for my specific lighter) so i wouldn;t have gone any bigger with the hole.

Also like the mounting position :D

Like the fact that it works even more!

Cheers buddy! :lol:

Another successful and happy customer thanks to Lenny and Stoney!

and FYI - the 28mm hole drill was bang on the right size (for my specific lighter) so i wouldn;t have gone any bigger with the hole.

Also like the mounting position :D

Like the fact that it works even more!

Cheers buddy! :lol:

Bang Tidy sir hatoff.gif

nothing like a good mounting position with hole thats just the right size and a live wire bravo.gif

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

post-36384-0-99762500-1348493147_thumb.j

Thanks to this thread I managed same myself yesterday to my RS.

Cheers. :D

Nice job mate,

I thought the ST and RS had this socket factory fitted to power the tyre repair foam compressor

Cheers Lenny,

No it was lying behind trim and I followed instructions!!! The only 12V socket fitted (RS) is in centre console unless someone knows better???

Nitemare B)

• 3 weeks later...

Right guys, need some help on this one. I know it should be dead easy but I've followed the simple instructions and can't seem to get any power.

I got an old Galaxy socket to use and fished out what I thought was the correct plug from the boot wiring loom. In my case though it was a black plug on the end of blue/brown wire, not orange as everyone elses.

I've had another look for the orange plug as I assume it's simply the wrong one I've been using as my live, as I've earthed the socket to the panel screw as instructed.

See below a pic of the wiring I do have in the boot...can anyone tell me if I'm missing the plug or have something else wired instead, or if I'm just being stupid!

Cheers in advance for any advice!

post-30295-0-63480800-1350124683_thumb.j

Right guys, need some help on this one. I know it should be dead easy but I've followed the simple instructions and can't seem to get any power.

I got an old Galaxy socket to use and fished out what I thought was the correct plug from the boot wiring loom. In my case though it was a black plug on the end of blue/brown wire, not orange as everyone elses.

I've had another look for the orange plug as I assume it's simply the wrong one I've been using as my live, as I've earthed the socket to the panel screw as instructed.

See below a pic of the wiring I do have in the boot...can anyone tell me if I'm missing the plug or have something else wired instead, or if I'm just being stupid!

Cheers in advance for any advice!

post-30295-0-63480800-1350124683_thumb.j

Haven't got or saw those plugs before mate,

Perhaps swap positive and negative at the rear of the socket.

And check your fuses for the 12v sockets.

Thanks for the reply mate.

If you see the little black plug in the right of my pic, that's the one I was using as my live feed, but no joy. Tried swapping round pins etc too but nothing.

As for the other two bigger plugs, I have no idea what they're for...maybe plugs for a GPS aerial or something? Complete guess there though as I think the Denso units in the Mk2 Focus are completely front mounted, with DVD drive etc in the glove compartment, as opposed to the boot in my old Mondeo.

Checked the fuse by the way and it's fine. F110 works both front and rear 12V and the front one has been working fine. Unless there's another fuse, maybe in the engine bay I should be looking at too?

Stumped! Maybe I just don't have it, but have we heard of ANYONE else who went looking for this and found the same as me?!

Car's a 55 plate Titanium by the way, an early Mk2. I've heard in the past that the Titanium shares the same wiring loom as the ST, hence why my xenons work and I also have the wiring in place for heated seats, ESP etc etc.

Just thinking, bit of a long shot but this might explain it...

Am I right in saying that the Focus shared the same wiring loom across all lower spec'd models, and that the rear 12V might have been an option in the estates for example, hence why the plug is there but just not wired in on the hatchbacks? Obviously the ST didn't come in an estate model, so perhaps the rear 12V live wasn't part of this wiring loom, which is the same loom as in mine, and the reason why I don't have it.

Has anyone with a Ghia or Titanium, or ST for that matter, carried out this mod?

EDIT: Just seeing the Nitemare fitted it to his RS and Lenny suggesting it was factory fit in the ST as well for the tyre compressor - so maybe my theory above is way off the mark!

Haven't carried out the mod myself yet but here's what my wiring looks like on my Ghia

2012-08-25182021.jpg

That's the exact same as mine mate! I've unwrapped the black tape to uncover the big black and beige coloured plugs, and you have the same little black one free as mine too, with the brown and blue wire coming from it. Even the rest of the wiring, to my eyes at least, doesn't look anything like the original guide pics that Lenny posted on Page 1.

I can't get it working at all. Do you intend to have a go at this anytime soon? I'm pretty much stumped at the minute, so think I'll just put everything back together for the mean time.

EDIT: Thanks very much for the pic by the way!

Thought it was. Noticed it wasn't the same as Lenny's

Was thinking about doing the mod but dunno when I'd ever get round to it.

Seems now though that I may not be able to. I'm sure there must be a workaround though.

No worries mate, thought the Ghia n Titanium would have the same wiring.

What you need to do is look for a connector of any colour with just one wire going to it.

As you've said the ST never had an estate version and the estate models have a power socket as standard so maybe the loom is different.

I believe if my memory is right that the wire is orange but the connector is brown on mine.

May be a good idea to ask nitemare to advise on this as he fitted it to his RS n see what his wiring loom is like.

post-36384-0-82173300-1350139231_thumb.j

Hi there,

Here is my orange connector which was in my wiring loom (December 2009 RS). You can see my black earth cable which I connected prior to attaching to 12V Socket.

Hope this helps??

Nitemare ;)

Nice one Nitmare ;)

Any good gforce?

Thanks for the pic buddy. It is a lot of good actually, but leaves me none the wiser as to where our 12V plugs are!

From Nitemare's pic we can see that the two larger plugs are for the rear parking sensors control unit. I think we can also see the little black plug with blue brown wire in his pic, black tape over it about halfway between the control unit and the grommet in the floor. Seems to be unused here as well?

Still can't figure out where the orange 12V live plug is though! Does the wire run up from the floor, or down from above if you know what I mean...just so I can try and trace back along the loom to find it.

Still none the wiser then mate, have to look more into this.

Nor me mate. Had to just put everything back together this avo so could be next weekend again before I get a chance to get a proper look at it again. The additional socket would actually be really handy for me for work so I really wanted to sort this mod when it should have been so straightforward!

If anyone can confirm or deny my theory on the wiring looms on the pre-facelift specs (I know Clive had no problem with it on his Sport), or give advice on what direction to follow the loom in search of the plug (ie back towards the cabin of the car?) that would be a help also.

By the way, Nitemare where you based? Just so I can keep an eye out for the RS!

If you don't haun the wire in the boot you could always run a spur from the front socket.

Easy to make a patch cable, just would have to be quite long.

Northern Ireland!! :)

Nor me mate. Had to just put everything back together this avo so could be next weekend again before I get a chance to get a proper look at it again. The additional socket would actually be really handy for me for work so I really wanted to sort this mod when it should have been so straightforward!

I may be able to help you further.

When I purchased my 12v ford socket I bought it as part of a ford 12v boot socket kit.

It came with a black moulded plug and 3metres of positive cable.

Instruction manual for installation.

Crimp connectors.

12v socket & cap.

10 x Cable ties.

2 metre earth cable & moulded ring terminal.

Now I have used the earth cable and 12v socket, but I still have the 12v positive feed with moulded plug attached and the instructions. May still have the crimp connectors and cable ties too. Ford don't stock or sell the kits anymore I bought the last two packs and sold the other one on eBay last year for 28 pounds.

If this would be of use to you please PM me your address and I will dispatch to you tomorrow morning (Tuesday) via tracked post free of charge.

Northern Ireland!! :)

Haha, yeah I gathered that from your profile! Was just wondering if you were local.

If this would be of use to you please PM me your address and I will dispatch to you tomorrow morning (Tuesday) via tracked post free of charge.

PM sent Lenny, cheers!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club