Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta - Bluetooth Issue

colin79666

Picked up my new Fiesta today, yay!

1.4 Titanium 5dr in Midnight Sky. Really smooth ride home :)

Can't get the bluetooth to work, boo. Basically I have tried with the ignition on and with it off. With the radio on and with it off (though I assume it should be on). I can't find Ford Audio or similar on my phone. When I press the phone button on the Sony headunit it just goes to mute. I've been in the audio menu and gone into bluetooth. It has one option to switch bluetooth off but pressing the corresponding button does nothing :(

Anything else I can try before I ring the dealer?

Make sure BT is enabled on the car, and it should be discoverable on the phone no bother.....

Which phone you got??

I'm sure bluetooth is on by default, so it should always be on. As for your phone, it should come up as "Ford Audio" once the iPhone has picked it up. It's really easy to bond the phone to the radio, so i'd say the car or phone is at fault. Maybe try a friend's phone to see if that can pick up the radio.

How do I do that?

iPhone 4 running 5.0.1

Navigate to BT on the menu and press the botton right button to enable it on and IIRC a blue LED bluetooth symbol should light up on the right hand of the display, search for devices on your phone and select ford audio press pair and youll get a pin to enter on your iPhone and hey presto.

Thanks for the replies. I've tried pressing he bottom right button but it doesn't change. The button itself works when in radio mode so it isn't the button.

I've since discovered the USB and voice control also isn't working which I'm guessing is related. Will give the dealer a phone later today.

I've since discovered the USB and voice control also isn't working which I'm guessing is related. Will give the dealer a phone later today.

Correct, they're both controlled by the same module. It sounds very much like a loose cable to me, if you want to check the module is located on a panel underneath the glovebox (ie just above your feet in the passenger footwell) It's held up by 2 plastic rivets

bluetoothpanel.png

Going to the dealer at the weekend. I'd normally be happy to have a go at resetting things but given that the car is brand new I'd rather leave it to the dealer to sort.

Should be easy for the dealer. I've got an iPhone 4 and the pairing was very easy and hasn't missed a beat so I'm sure it will be fine.

Yay. Fixed.

As above, dealer tech reset the module by unplugging it and plugging it back in again.