Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ka, accident damage

BogStandard

Someone drove into my precious Ka last week, leaving the rear bumper broken and scratched, but more importantly, the side panel of the car has a nasty tear and a dent in it.

Am I right in thinking that replacing that panel would involve replacing the whole chassis?

Anyone had an experience of what insurance companies do in this situation? IE, would the repairers patch up the side or would they just write it off?

I'm dreading it being written off but I want a proper, decent job done on it so patching up wouldn't be ideal.

Your help is much appreciated.

• 2 months later...

Someone drove into my precious Ka last week, leaving the rear bumper broken and scratched, but more importantly, the side panel of the car has a nasty tear and a dent in it.

Am I right in thinking that replacing that panel would involve replacing the whole chassis?

Anyone had an experience of what insurance companies do in this situation? IE, would the repairers patch up the side or would they just write it off?

I'm dreading it being written off but I want a proper, decent job done on it so patching up wouldn't be ideal.

Your help is much appreciated.

they wont replace a chassis for that :) they will get a panel beater and get it perfect and you wont be able to no its been repaird my advise get it done

have you got a pic of the damage? if it has cut into the metal, the dent is most likely to get pulled out and if they can get to the inside a plate can be welded or tacked on and the outside will be filled flatted and painted to match the rest of the car.