Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which Is The Better Air Filter?

b1g_dav3

Pipercross or K&N?

Go a 2011 1.6 TDCi and looking just to put in a panel filter, the Pipercross is £29.99 and foam, the K&N is £34.99 and is cotton, so which is the better of the two?

Not looking for an induction kit, don't want the engine to be any louder than it is :P

Thanks for your time.

Short:

K & N (pay the extra buck)

Long:

K & N are well-known for their excellence in Air filters, and me being "Brand loyalist" would suggest buying K & N. Not sure about Pipercross but you can was K & N without damage and put back in. K are also better known for their increased air flow which we all know makes for a better and slightly, ever so slightly more powerful engine.

Thanks, think I'll grab the K&N one, Pumaspeed seem to only stock the K&N one and probably for a reason, Mountune replace with K&N too on their MK6 TDCi tweak too, so looks like £35 more on the motor to be spent :P

hi mate

Don't wish to throw a spanner in the works but i would go for the foam Pipercross filter, the K&N will offer better airflow but the foam material used by Pipercross gives a better trade of between performance and filtration

hope this helps

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club