Do Not Sell My Personal Information

brake master cylinder

slrooke

does anyone knoe how much a new brake master costs including fitting for a ford focus 1.8 1998,

ive just spent £330 having pads discs, rear cylinders and a tyre replaced but the brake paddle is traveling quite close to the floor before the brakes kick in,

i know i need to leave the brakes to bed in but my instincts tell me i need a new master cylinder

does anyone knoe how much a new brake master costs including fitting for a ford focus 1.8 1998,

ive just spent £330 having pads discs, rear cylinders and a tyre replaced but the brake paddle is traveling quite close to the floor before the brakes kick in,

i know i need to leave the brakes to bed in but my instincts tell me i need a new master cylinder

Could be air in the brake lines, get them bled and see if that helps, if the brake fluid hasnt been changed in a while it could also be a culprit, alot of garages will test it for you for free and tell you if it needs replacing

Could be air in the brake lines, get them bled and see if that helps, if the brake fluid hasnt been changed in a while it could also be a culprit, alot of garages will test it for you for free and tell you if it needs replacing

it should all have been done,

had it done in kwik fit to day, the guy there said they would change the fluid aswell

it should all have been done,

had it done in kwik fit to day, the guy there said they would change the fluid aswell

to be honest mate, this is my opinion based on all my local kwik fits, i wouldnt trust them to walk my dog. If its just started occuring since they changed the discs/pads and brake fluid, take it straight back to them. sounds like you may have air in the lines. if there is air in the lines it means to have to press the brake pedal further to compress the air first.

to be honest mate, this is my opinion based on all my local kwik fits, i wouldnt trust them to walk my dog. If its just started occuring since they changed the discs/pads and brake fluid, take it straight back to them. sounds like you may have air in the lines. if there is air in the lines it means to have to press the brake pedal further to compress the air first.

i had the problem before, but now its a lot worse. its the reason i took it for their free brake check that they offered,

i gave them a ranf before and they said to take it back if it still occurs after a week

ive just been looking at the paper work, it may be nothing but theyve got my car down as a 1.6 focus, even though its a 1.8,

they couldn't have used the wrong parts could they???

i guess the brake pads etc would be different sizes so theyw would have noticed.

is there any way to check if its the master cyllinder

ive just been looking at the paper work, it may be nothing but theyve got my car down as a 1.6 focus, even though its a 1.8,

they couldn't have used the wrong parts could they???

i guess the brake pads etc would be different sizes so theyw would have noticed.

is there any way to check if its the master cyllinder

well spotted but unfortunately the discs and pads are the same. the rear shoes are self adjusting but the idea doesnt always work perfectly. The shoes could be moving too far to make contact with the drums. hence it was happening before you got them changed(worn shoes) and if they have not been set up correctly it may be doing it again.

If you are sure there is no air in the lines and all the lines are all in good condition with no loss of fluid anywhere then you may be right to suspect a faulty master cylinder. It could well be the seals within the cylinder are worn. A garage should be able to check the master cylinder over for you, theres not alot you can do apart from check there is no leaks of damage.