Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cant Open Bonnet.help!!!

markyd

ive got the so 'common' problem with my focus. bonnet lock seems to be damaged.

i have removed the grill and have tried all sorts to try and get the bonnet open. where are the 2 x 10mm which i need to remove to get the bonnet open???

ive tried to 'click the white cyclinder back in but no joy.as you can see the outer part of the cylinder has broken off in me doing this.

thanks

post-29608-0-62005000-1327246141_thumb.j

Hi what year is your focus if its about 2005 all you have to do is remove the lower panel from under the bumper reach up and remove the black gromet from the front of the latch to expose a white ring get a long bladed screw driver and through the grill pref dead centre above the badge place the blade on the white ring (might be easy to see with the aid of a torch) and give it a firm push this should put it back worked for me you don,t have to remove the six plastic rivets from the plastic panel as in earlier posts or pull the grill forward and remove key lock. takes literally 10 mins

hope this helps steads

cheers ive tried pushing the white plastic ring in but it doesnt seem to 'click' back in.....nothing seems to happen..ive given it a firm bash with a screwdriver but not working.

hi sorry to quick off the mark didnt read post properly or look at photo the 2 10 millys appear to be above the latch in your

photo just had a quick look at mine and there are 2 10 millys inside the under the bonnet as well so i cant see how removing the 2 outer ones would really help can not try putting the key in the barrel and with some help as someone turns the key you try to push the white barrel into position .

hi sorry to quick off the mark didnt read post properly or look at photo the 2 10 millys appear to be above the latch in your

photo just undo them and it detaches the catch from the bonnet.

steads

yeah i put the key and and it just makes a grinding noise like its going to bit then doesnt.anyway to remove the lock? i have a brand new assembly kit to go on,,,

Hi There are two clips on the link rod, press them both and it should pull out, then you can open the bonnet latch..

post-2425-0-79125500-1327266614_thumb.jp

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club