Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fly Eyes

ford=win

Just a quick one, I've been recommended to get a set of fly eyes for my fiesta but I'm not to sure on them.

Has anyone ever fitted them and if so how did they look?

Also just wanted to get people opinion on them and if they think its a worth while mod

cheers

That is a good question lol, I'm not sure what there made of but it look like a kind of very very fine mesh that is meant to protect the headlights but also can add a darker tint to the lights

Sorry for sounding stupid, but erm...what are "fly eyes"?

Your not the only one wondering mate!

Fly eyes tend to darken considerably and I don't think would be legal. Not sure how they would work on the Fester's big single piece headlights as I have only seen them on lights which have separate headlights and indicators.

Have never really seen the point TBH...

Sorry for sounding stupid, but erm...what are "fly eyes"?

Hi guys,

ive done some research on the term fly eyes, and found its a filim that goes over your lights,

but i dont know yet is it just for apperance purposes or does it enhance anythin else?

031720a3.jpg

b2ab3262.jpg

It's a bit cheap, fades quickly and looks awful when they do; they're legal and don't affect much light but for a month or so application, hardly seems worth it.

If they do fade quickly then I'm really not sure on them, thanks for that bit of info b1g_dav3

fly eyes are perfectly legal, they protect the plastic on the lights as well as darken them as apposed to tinting them (which is illegal)... they look good imo, especially on darker cars, a few of my mates have them and i still aint got round to sizing them up my self

fly eyes are perfectly legal, they protect the plastic on the lights as well as darken them as apposed to tinting them (which is illegal)... they look good imo, especially on darker cars, a few of my mates have them and i still aint got round to sizing them up my self

thanks for the advice nico, have any of your mates suffered from them fading??

thanks for the advice nico, have any of your mates suffered from them fading??

not heard of anything like that before, they are just black plastic at the end of the day

I've never heard of them fading.... But even if they did, take a hot hairdryer to em and they'll be back to new, I've been meaning to put them on mine for a while now

I've never heard of them fading.... But even if they did, take a hot hairdryer to em and they'll be back to new, I've been meaning to put them on mine for a while now

Sounds like a good bit of advice, cheers

once you put yours would you mind uploading a pic so i can see what they look like??

thanks for the help everyone

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick one, I've been recommended to get a set of fly eyes for my fiesta but I'm not to sure on them.

Has anyone ever fitted them and if so how did they look?

Also just wanted to get people opinion on them and if they think its a worth while mod

cheers

I have had fly eye tint on my rear lights for nearly 6 months doesnt seem to have faded at all and I like the look of it :)

• 3 months later...

Sounds like a good bit of advice, cheers

once you put yours would you mind uploading a pic so i can see what they look like??

thanks for the help everyone

Thats me just getting round to ordering mine, should hopefully have em on next weekend

Previous car had headlight protectors on that at £20 a pair saved me a £100 headlamp unit replacement, but I don;t see the film really stopping a flying stone to make it worthwhie as a protector.

It's not a.protector...... It's purely cosmetic

Ah.

Ford=Win implied they were more a grid than just a cosmetic film. Sorry for the confusion...

Ah.

Ford=Win implied they were more a grid than just a cosmetic film. Sorry for the confusion...

Yea sorry about the earlier confusion, that was down to me not really knowing what a fly eye kit was

• 3 weeks later...

I'll add my two pennies worth here regarding fly eyes.They are purely cosmetic and do not protect your lights.I had it fitted on my fez when i first bought it in 2010 was the first mod i did and it did look good especially with me having a dark blue car.I had the stuff on for atleast a year and it never come unstuck,but it did eventually fade,when i say fade i mean the black actually comes off as its printed or sprayed onto white (why they did this is beyond me) and they look really tatty and poor.This was the kick in the knackers for me.When i removed the stuff off my headlights it left cracks tiny ones everywhere that are noticible.the reason i think this happened was because one the sun has been shining on them for long periods of time it doesnt let the polycarbonate expand and contract like it naturally should do when there is nothing applied to them.So be warned even though it looks good cosmetically it can damage your headlights.

Has the brightness of the lights been cut by much?

i was thinking of getting this done myself.

3412.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club