Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Middle Row Seat Belt Height Problem

Mrlist

Having just changed my 2008 S Max for a 2011 model I have discovered what appears to be a major safety issue. Ask an adult to sit in the middle row outer seats (either will do) and use the seat belts as expected. You will note that the belt crosses the top of the arm and not over the shoulder as normal. the taller you are the worse it gets.( it will start of over your shoulder but the fixing height causes it to slip down! This is entirely due to the newly raised seat height that puts the seat belt fitting to low for the seat! If you have one of the revised models from 2010 on: you need to try this and see for yourself.. Children are OK its the adults that are not! In an accident! adults will almost certainly damage their arms or worse. I have raised with with ford customer relations and also my local main dealer. both inform they have not had any complaints , however my local dealer agrees there is defiantly something wrong! please let me know if you have noticed this as it may well need a total recall to re mount the belt fixing point.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club