Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mobile Phone And Blue Tooth In Mk.7

Johnno1212

I've just bought a mk.7 a couple of weeks ago, I've matched up my Blackberry Curve 5720., but I'm having trouble with matching it automatically. What I mean is that when I get in the car I select "Phone", up comes the screen to select which device and I select Blackberry, then the screen comes up with "Validating device", only it doesn't, I have to go to the bluetooth screen on the phone and select "Ford audio", some times it is successful - partially, and other times it fails. When I say partially ,on the successful screen it has two green ticks and a red cross against "a/v remote failed" ?? On my previous car (a mondeo) I had a Parrot hands free kit, which once the phone was matched, paired up every time I got in the car, I didn't have to select or do anything! Perhaps I've been spoiled, but I'll be surpried if the Fiesta isn't able to do something similar, as the voice control is far better than the Parrot!

I'm not that familiar with Blackberry's but on a HTC you have to tick a box on the phone to allow/authorise connections to Ford Audio automatically, is there something similar on yours?

Also if you have USB on the car worth installing the latest update from here http://www.ford-mobile-connectivity.com/downloadsUpdates

Thanks iNath ! Brilliant! Did as you suggested and I think most, if not all, my blue tooth problems have been sussed! I still have to select the phone when I get in, but then it pairs up fine. Great! I can live with that. And no, my phone doesn't have that selection button that your's has, if blue tooth is there, it connects. I can always turn it off.

Sorry, for some reason it appears to have reverted back to not recognising the phone, or the phone not recognising the car! Now when I get in the car, turn on the ignition, press "phone", select "Blackberry", then "Validating Blackberry" comes on the screen, but it doesn't! I have to select "ford audio" on my phone, and then it may or may not pair up! Once I get it paired up it seems to be fine. Surely I shouldn't have to do this every time I get into the car. Any ideas?

This is wierd, today everything is working as I would expect. As soon as I got in the car, switched on the ignition, the phone connected! No selection by me at all! It'll be interesting to see what happens tomorrow.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club