Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Tit X Satnav Info

Barnyg

I'm waiting delivery of a 2011 Focus 1.6 Ecoboost TiTX which has a factory fit Ford satnav (not the Sony one).

Can anyone tell me if it has such things as POI, safety cameras etc & full post code search.

Thanks.

Hi Barnyg,

Answers to you questions - Yes, No, Yes

After using this for 7months now I can say it has it's pro's and cons. For example the routing is easy to program especially if you use the numerical keypad rather than the on screen cursor.

Sometimes if you are on a route that has a lot of interlinked roads, it is quite easy to miss your turn due to a lot of information being shown on such a small screen. You find yourself concentrating harder on the screen than you do on the road !!

The traffic information is not as intuitive as on my last car (Honda Civic). Here you could pull up a list of traffic incidents and it would show them in nearest distance order on your actual route. On the Focus it just shows an alphabetical list (M1, M6, M8, M42 etc.) throughout the UK so you need to know the road numbers you are actually travelling on and then determine if there is an accident ahead of you.

The voice guidance is good without being irratating and you will find that although the Focus is from 2011, the maps will be approx. 1yr behind (as with any system) so newer roads will not exist on the map.

Would I pay £500 for a sat nav like this again ? - probably not. There are other users on here who say the same and recommend purchasing TomTom/Garmin etc. Personally though I prefer the security aspect of the built in system.

Thanks for the reply. I have a tomtom with live traffic (live traffic ends in 2 months) but the deal on the Focus was too good to resist :)

Never had inbuilt satnav before!

Hi

I have the sat nav in my 2010 focus titanium , its the touchscreen model , it may be different in the newer models.

I find the directions so far to be very good , much better than my tomtom , also traffic incidents and road works is execelent it warns me all the time if im on a route with such things and even warns me when im entering the road works such as " you are approaching narrow lanes" and its all shown on the map too.

Speed cameras is the only thing i miss.

Hi

I have the sat nav in my 2010 focus titanium , its the touchscreen model , it may be different in the newer models.

I find the directions so far to be very good , much better than my tomtom , also traffic incidents and road works is execelent it warns me all the time if im on a route with such things and even warns me when im entering the road works such as " you are approaching narrow lanes" and its all shown on the map too.

Speed cameras is the only thing i miss.

Touchscreen is the Sony version @ £750 ?

We have the Ford @ £500, Sony wasn't available when I ordered the car never mind the 'MyFord Touch/Sync' system that was incorrectly shown on the launch pricelists @ £1,000 . This is the one to go for (sometime in 2012) !!

We have the Ford @ £500, Sony wasn't available when I ordered the car never mind the 'MyFord Touch/Sync' system that was incorrectly shown on the launch pricelists @ £1,000 . This is the one to go for (sometime in 2012) !!

hi

no mine is a 2010 focus , its not a sony unit , think it is called Denso.

• 1 month later...

Sony SatNav is not touch screen and NO reversing camera either (until May I believe)

Hi Barnyg,

Answers to you questions - Yes, No, Yes

After using this for 7months now I can say it has it's pro's and cons. For example the routing is easy to program especially if you use the numerical keypad rather than the on screen cursor.

Sometimes if you are on a route that has a lot of interlinked roads, it is quite easy to miss your turn due to a lot of information being shown on such a small screen. You find yourself concentrating harder on the screen than you do on the road !!

The traffic information is not as intuitive as on my last car (Honda Civic). Here you could pull up a list of traffic incidents and it would show them in nearest distance order on your actual route. On the Focus it just shows an alphabetical list (M1, M6, M8, M42 etc.) throughout the UK so you need to know the road numbers you are actually travelling on and then determine if there is an accident ahead of you.

The voice guidance is good without being irratating and you will find that although the Focus is from 2011, the maps will be approx. 1yr behind (as with any system) so newer roads will not exist on the map.

Would I pay £500 for a sat nav like this again ? - probably not. There are other users on here who say the same and recommend purchasing TomTom/Garmin etc. Personally though I prefer the security aspect of the built in system.

Yeah dont think the road traffic alerts is in order on the list but mine does tell me if I have a traffic incident on my route before I get too it. I have a mk2.5 with the non-sony touchscreen satnav , so dont know if its different or not?

It is the same unit found in old Jaguars, Volvo and i think Land rover also. It is a unit made by Denso, uses Navteq maps, and more info about it (like the newest maps ;) ) on http://gpsunderground.com/forum/car-navi-system/car-gps-systems/ford/

I quite like the look of the car with the touchscreen nav system, but i don;t use the gps that often.

• 6 months later...

It is the same unit found in old Jaguars, Volvo and i think Land rover also. It is a unit made by Denso, uses Navteq maps, and more info about it (like the newest maps wink.png ) on http://gpsundergroun...s-systems/ford/

I quite like the look of the car with the touchscreen nav system, but i don;t use the gps that often.

gpsunderground site down at mo try http://navigationdvd.co.uk they got some info on denso touch screen

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club