Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bluetooth Software Update

Barnyg

Has anyone applied the bluetooth software update http://www.ford-mobile-connectivity.com/downloadsUpdates to a 2011 Focus TiTX? Didi it work ok?

I applied it on my Mondeo. It allows you to use an Ipod cable rather than the Ford one & also connects your mobile much quicker.

I also read somewhere that cars produced after 2011 week 36 do not need it.

On a side note is the September 11 update the latest , how often do they release these updates?

cheers

Hi Barny

Thanks for the link. Just updated mine (car delivered July 2011). My BB Curve has never worked for bluetooth music streaming but other phones have. Just done the update and now my phone works and it connected first time :)

Following the instructions, my update started at 15:45 and completed at 16:00 so 15mins not 20mins as in the guide.

post-22744-0-02477800-1327597122_thumb.j

Hi, inside the folder there is a txt file that says update october 2011.

Chris

• 2 months later...

This is so frustrating, I have a 2012 Focus mk3 Tit X and I have been trying to install the April update but I can't get the update to start :(

Anyone help with this?

Hi Ian

Try this thread , a guy had a problem getting it to work on his Sony unit until he removed all the unneeded files , as there is only 2 files that you need to put on the USB stick ,its explained in the link below, it also mentions this in the faq on fords site for anyone who has problems updating

http://www.fordowner...5-audio-update/

the files needed seems to be the below

8M5T-14D511-AU.BVC

8M5T-14D511-AU.VBF

Also make sure there is nothing else on the usb stick and that the files are in the highest directory (no folder)

Mitch

Hi Ian

Try this thread , a guy had a problem getting it to work on his Sony unit until he removed all the unneeded files , as there is only 2 files that you need to put on the USB stick ,its explained in the link below, it also mentions this in the faq on fords site for anyone who has problems updating

http://www.fordowner...5-audio-update/

the files needed seems to be the below

8M5T-14D511-AU.BVC

8M5T-14D511-AU.VBF

Also make sure there is nothing else on the usb stick and that the files are in the highest directory (no folder)

Mitch

Hi,

The guy in this thread doesn't have the latest focus, the headunit is different :(

Also I have done the 2 AU files in the root of my usb yet when I plug my usb into the port, the car just says "No Files On Device" :(

I don't really know what else I can try.

• i sorted this you plug the usb into the car and it updates through the radio (hope this wht your taljiung about)

Hi,

The guy in this thread doesn't have the latest focus, the headunit is different :(

Also I have done the 2 AU files in the root of my usb yet when I plug my usb into the port, the car just says "No Files On Device" :(

I don't really know what else I can try.

what is your build date?

this update seems to apply only to Focus: February 2008 - January 2012 builds

what is your build date?

this update seems to apply only to Focus: February 2008 - January 2012 builds

Oh, well mine was built Mid February 2012

But I can't understand why mine wouldn't be included, as before April Fords website said my phone didn't have full functionality but now the website shows it does have full comparability meaning they have updated support for my phone, but I can't update mine :(

My phone works as a bluetooth headset BUT I can't see the phone book so there's no contact names and I don't remember every bodies number off by heart so dialing is awkward and also trying to see who is calling me while im driving is very difficult.

I have tried telling my phone to Sync my contact list with the car but the connection fails every time and I have tried manually sending contact cards via bluetooth and the car never accepts the request :(

The really irritating thing is that Fords website says that my phone has phone book support, yet it obviously doesn't as there's NOTHING about phone book when I get into my car and check the phone section out..

Pisses me off when people say something works when it doesn't and then doesn't even let me update it :(

• 3 months later...

I have the Sony branded system on the Titanium - should I apply this update or is it only for the Ford branded system?

I have the Sony branded system on the Titanium - should I apply this update or is it only for the Ford branded system?

It is for Sony as well

They're branded Sony but they are made under licence by Denso.

• 2 months later...

The really irritating thing is that Fords website says that my phone has phone book support, yet it obviously doesn't as there's NOTHING about phone book when I get into my car and check the phone section out..

Pisses me off when people say something works when it doesn't and then doesn't even let me update it sad.png

Hi Ian,

I've got this same problem as you are and I dont know what to do. Did you find a solution of this problem? I would be very, very grateful for your/any help.

• 8 months later...

I take it no-one got anywhere with this on the Focus?

I had no luck getting the Nov 2012 update on my June 2012 built MK3.

Are we stuck in no-mans land of after Jan 2012 but before Sync, so we get no updates?

• 2 weeks later...

Pisses me off when people say something works when it doesn't and then doesn't even let me update it sad.png

Agreed - all the documentation says i have a phonebook option in the menu, but it doesn't at all.

• 7 years later...

Hi Guys.  Is it possible for us to change the background to be black instead of blue?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club