Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide Fitting Cruise Control Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 And Ford C-Max

Pidu

There are websites that translate other sites.

It does tend to be a bit disjointed and literal but you can pretty much get the gist of what they're on about.

Got it to connect earlier. Just need to find a translator now !

screenshot01Mar070833.jpg

Just an update: I went to Ford dealrship and they activated cruise control. Everything works except dashboard cc symbol wont lit up when cc is activated. I know that the symbol is there and it will lit up when I dio the all leds working test with computer reset button. It's an minor thing and otherwise cc works like it's ment to work.

Considering that aftermarket cc would have been about 400-500€, new wheel from dealerhip was quoted for 700€ and now i got used wheel for 85€ (I had 4 spoke wheel so didn't need new airbag) and activation for 23€ I have no complaints.

Very good price for activation. The dashboard cc light has to be activated as well in IC, so if you have a chance ask your dealer about it. I had to ask the dealer to do this.

Just an update: I went to Ford dealrship and they activated cruise control. Everything works except dashboard cc symbol wont lit up when cc is activated. I know that the symbol is there and it will lit up when I dio the all leds working test with computer reset button. It's an minor thing and otherwise cc works like it's ment to work.

Considering that aftermarket cc would have been about 400-500€, new wheel from dealerhip was quoted for 700€ and now i got used wheel for 85€ (I had 4 spoke wheel so didn't need new airbag) and activation for 23€ I have no complaints.

Where did you manage to get the wheel? I've been searching for over a week and haven't found one yet.

Where did you manage to get the wheel? I've been searching for over a week and haven't found one yet.

I live in Estonia and for some reason most of focuses that we have here don't have cc so I didn't get it from here. Hovewer in finland they have website where you can check out junkyeards all over the country. So I just kept my eyes open for low mileage wheel with cc buttons and booked it. I have meny coworkers in finland, they went purchaced it and when they had some things to do in Estonia they brought it over to me (guys from the company were willing to post it to Estonia but since it was more convinient for them to use someone local who would act as middle we went that way. They did hovewer booked it under my name). So not as easy process as I would have hoped for but it got the things done. You might want to check out few websites and talk to junkyard owners it they are willing to send items abroad. There are 2 major sites I kept checking out: the finnish one: http://www.autopurkaamot.com/ and swedish one (much more stuff): http://en.bildelsbasen.se/ go and check them out. Maybe you will get lucky and they are willing to send stuff in your way.

P.S. I forgot to say that the Swedish mileage is then number that is on the site x10 and it is in km (some kind of wierd swedish habbit). So for example this wheel: http://en.bildelsbas...ost_id=21588833 mileage is 5285 miles on the web page. This actually means that the odometer is showing 52850 kilometers.

The great thing in scandinavia is that if insurance says that car is to damaged after accident then you have to dismantle it. This means pretty nice supply of used parts.

P.P.S They use google translator to translate the pages in http://www.autopurkaamot.com/ and it wont translate correctly. Anyhow after selecting your ford model then on partlist "ohjauspyörä" means steeringwheel.

Nice one Richie

I need to try and read now how to get it connected to mine , i see characters and zone to russian so that the ??????????????????? are the proper russian letters

Ok i managed to get my AS BUILT data and inserted in OFFLINE mode in the program and that side of things seems to work and provides me with various ticked/unticked boxes.

i can select 2 of the tabs in the program.

but still with out knowing what anything actually is i#m not going to go live haha incase i do some damage.

For me if i could find out what every thing means i will try

Auto lock

RDS display

Shift change indicator

Auto windscreen heater

none of the above work on my car at the moment.

Ok so who is going to do a crash course in Russian :)

Ьн Кгыышфт шы тщ пщщв фе фдд

Quick update..........just enabled RDS in instrument cluster. Displays radio info and cd track number in the display.......... :)

post-26888-0-18117100-1331159703_thumb.j

post-26888-0-28828900-1331159745_thumb.j post-26888-0-90908400-1331160052_thumb.j

Quick update..........just enabled RDS in instrument cluster. Displays radio info and cd track number in the display.......... :)

Nice :) I want it, and the instant fuel consumption too.

So lets start the translation.

Pls note - I have marked some positions with "?" if I do not know how to translate it or I'm not sure what is it for.

Welcome screen

Рабочий VIN - vehicle VIN

COM порт - COM port of ELM

Скорость - boud speed ELM - computer - standard 33840

Открыть порт - opens ELM port and proceeds to next software screen

Оффлайн режим - proceeds to next software screen offline

Next software screen

Buttons on the felt side

Прочитать конфигурацию - read car configuration

Записать конфигурацию - write configuration into car computer

Открыть конфигурацию - open configaration from file

Прочитать из AS-BUILT - here you put proper AS-BUILT code

Генерировать AS-BUILT - generate AS-BUILT code

Bookmark BCM (GEM part 1) (Middle Speed CAN)

1 Все ЭСП одним касанием - ?

2 Центральный замок - Central locking system

3 Дверные CAN-модули - door CAN modules

4 Отпирание в два этапа - two stage car opening (first drivers door only, next - other doors)

5 Задние двери - rear doors

6 Заводская сигнализация - factory alarm system

7 Сирена с АКБ - alarm siren with battery

8 войное запирание - deadlock

9 Датчик объема - ?

10 Автозапирание при начале движения - auto locking while driving

11 Автоматическое включение обогревов - heated windows auto activation

12 Управление ЦЗ по CAN-шине - central locking system CAN control (?)

13 Дистанционное управление ЦЗ и багажником - central locking and trunk remote control (?)

14 Мигание на 1-е нажатие и/или - confirmation (with indicators) after firs press of remote control or

15 мигание на 2-е - after second

16 Открывание багажника 2-м нажатием - Opening luggage compartment on 2nd press of remote control

17 Двойное запирание на 1-е нажатие - deadlock on the 1st press of remote control

18 Мигание при двойном запирании на 1-е нажатие - Blinking when deadlocking on 1st press

Bookmark BCM (GEM part 2) (Middle Speed CAN)

19 Датчик температуры - outside temperature sensor

20 Датчик света - light sensor

21 Омыватель фар - headlight washers

22 Датчик дождя - rain sensor

23 Обогрев лобового стекла - Heated windshield

24 Круиз-контроль - tempomat

25 Газоразрядные фары (HID) - xenon headlights

26 Кондиционер - air conditioning

27 Привод люка/Таксометр - ?

28 Ford Power - start button

29 Задний стеклоочиститель - rear window wiper

30 Задний стеклоочиститель при включении ЗХ - rear wiper auto activation on reverse (3 moves)

31 Подсветка околодверного пространства - door area illumination (?)

32 Дополнительный электро-отопитель (ЭПВС) - additional electric heating

33 Дополнительный отопитель на топливе (ППП) - additional heating (webasto)

34 Отмена сканирования салона климатом - ?

35 Электрический стояночный тормоз - electric parking brake

Bookmark IPC (IC - cluster) (High Speed CAN)

Вид панели приборов - Type of instrument panel

Рестай - facelift model

Дорестайл - pre-facelift model

36 AWD (Kuga)

37 ABS

38 ЭГУР - EHPAS

39 IVD (дорестайл) - ?

40 Мгновенный расход - instant fuel consumption

41 Круиз-контроль - cruise control

42 Датчик омывающей жидкости - Washer fluid sensor

43 Температура реальная - real engine temperature

44 Температура заводская - simulated engine temperature

45 Навигация - navigation

46 Спидометр Focus ST - Focus ST speedometer

47 Звук заднего хода - reversing sound

48 Электрический стояночный тормоз - Electric parking brake

49 Оповещение о непристегнутых ремнях без-ти - Seat belt warning

50 Дополнительный отопитель на топливе (ППП) - Additional heater system (webasto?)

51 Голосовое управление - voice-activated control

52 ESP (отключение в панели приборов) - turns off ESP option in the instrument panel

53 Система контроля давления в шинах (DDS) - tire pressure monitoring system

54 Часы - clock

55 Радио/RDS - Radio / RDS display

56 Телефон - phone info display

57 Расход км/литр - Consumption km / liter

58 Индикатор переключения передач / Отсечка - Gear shift indicator (I think it is for AT)

59 Ford ECO Mode

60 Auto Start/Stop

Excellent work, thank you. I have been second guessing every click i made but managed the RDS by trial and error. Now i can use this with a bit more confidence .........well done :)

How do i set characters and zone to Russian by the way ?

Windows XP - go to Control Panel, then Language and Regional Options - all is there.

Peter , fantastic work thank you so much i'm going out to have a play in a minute to see what i can do :)

Not sure about these:

1 =All ESP one-touch ( Maybe ESP dash button)

9 =sensor volume (maybe radio auto volume set)sensor

27 =drive hatch / taximeter ? (no idea)

31 =footwell lights (maybe)

34 =Canceling scan interior climate ( maybe stop climate control auto)

:( Can't get it to connect

elm327 v1.5a

tried loads of ports and bit rates

win 7 starter

all other software connects and works

I'm going to try my win xp laptop :(

:) Ok i'm happy now

What i was doing wrong was not typing the port number i was putting "1" what i should have been putting in was "COM1"

So what have i turned on.

IPC

Radio info

Phone info

Gear shift change light

Reverse sound ------- very annoying i will turn that back off.

BCM

Can bus error and will not connect.

So i'm guessing this will need the modified elm327

but i'mhappy at the moment :)

Richie What else have you turned on so far?

Peter If i get a screen shot of the other screens will you be able to translate those ?

Quick update.

radio info displays radio station or frequency , CD track , but does not display music via memory stick.

Phone info displays incoming call info

Shift change although displays when you start the car , i held at 4000 rpm and as of yet has not displayed while driving.( Wife will probably get that one to display)

Reverse sound , is totally annoying and i will switch that off.

:)

Peter If i get a screen shot of the other screens will you be able to translate those ?

I could try, but do not promise anything. It would be better if you could copy and paste the phrases from the software. My Russian is not any better than yours, I have to use translator and google and retyping Russian letters takes too much time.

Shift change although displays when you start the car , i held at 4000 rpm and as of yet has not displayed while driving.( Wife will probably get that one to display)

Which option is it? When I was translating I haven't seen anything like that.

To connect to GEM medium speed is required so ELM has to be modified. Now you can connect only at high speed.

Maybe you could let us know step by step instruction for this software? How to connect with car, are as-built codes required or it is enough to read configuration from car computer?

:) Ok i'm happy now

What i was doing wrong was not typing the port number i was putting "1" what i should have been putting in was "COM1"

So what have i turned on.

IPC

Radio info

Phone info

Gear shift change light

Reverse sound ------- very annoying i will turn that back off.

BCM

Can bus error and will not connect.

So i'm guessing this will need the modified elm327

but i'mhappy at the moment :)

Richie What else have you turned on so far?

I've done the radio info, eco mode ( doesn't work), shift change ( only get red arrow at top end revs) which i think it always did anyway ? Did the phone also but all it does is switch layout the display when a call is made, doesn't say 'call or phone'......but for the radio info it was worth it. I'm bringing the lead to a techie nut i know later to get him to modify it, so hopefully next week i can have a rummage at the GEM............:)

I've done the radio info, eco mode ( doesn't work), shift change ( only get red arrow at top end revs) which i think it always did anyway ? Did the phone also but all it does is switch layout the display when a call is made, doesn't say 'call or phone'......but for the radio info it was worth it. I'm bringing the lead to a techie nut i know later to get him to modify it, so hopefully next week i can have a rummage at the GEM............ :)

Richie if you get the lead modified can you take pictures along the way so we can make a guide on how to modify it ?

post-26888-0-42621100-1331495287_thumb.j

post-26888-0-36408800-1331500249_thumb.j

OK.........got my lead back earlier today after being modified. I had already activated cruise control in the instrument cluster before the lead was modified. So i went out and activated it in the GEM using the new configuration.............and it works !! I didn't need to do anything in the PCM at all.

Just come in from a spin on the motorway using my newly added feature and i'm delighted.....

Working factory cruise control from a 15 quid eBay lead........fantastic bit of kit.

Well done to Pidu and Pree on this one..........what a forum......cheers guys :)

Nice Richiemac, well done.

To be honest you were lucky, as not always CC is working without PCM activation. Do not know why, but it looks that some cars have CC already enabled in PCM, others don't. Good for you ;)

Just read this thread... Its extremely interesting...

So basically what were saying is, its a consumers version of IDS??

Nice Richiemac, well done.

To be honest you were lucky, as not always CC is working without PCM activation. Do not know why, but it looks that some cars have CC already enabled in PCM, others don't. Good for you ;)

Thank you Peter for putting us on to this. I activated it in GEM and then tried to access the PCM but couldn't seem to connect to it..........so i thought that was it.....2 thirds of the way and stuffed !!

Later went for a spin and just thought i'd press 'cruise on ' button , not really expecting anything....... and it worked !!

This makes the car for me to be honest.........always have had and use cruise control and was totally lost without it.......guess i'll be keeping it now :)

Next up is to put it on the wifes S-Max so i'm on the hunt for a wheel if you come across one..........Richie.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club