Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide Fitting Cruise Control Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 And Ford C-Max

Pidu

Mine was already fitted to the car , along with the USB socket inside the armrest

do you know if you can buy the relevant leads for a usb connection to/from the system?

Been following this with interest, very keen to get on and do it but want to find a garage that is willing to activate it first before I buy a wheel.

anyway found this if anyone is interested

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251071373372?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1287

Been following this with interest, very keen to get on and do it but want to find a garage that is willing to activate it first before I buy a wheel.

anyway found this if anyone is interested

http://www.ebay.co.u...9#ht_500wt_1287

Buy the wheeel and put it on, then activate it in the GEM and IPC yourself with the ELM lead...........worked on mine, 2008 facelift. Worth a shot. :)

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know where the CC switches are in the ST, as I have seen them advertised on autotrader with CC but in the pics they have the 3 spoke ST wheel?

I haven't seen the switches in any of the pictures, so was just wondering if Ford even offered the ST with CC or are the autotrader people not telling the truth!?

:)

Cruise Control wasn't on the ST, as you say it has the 3 spoke wheel and so wasn't on it. A few of the guys on STOC are following this with interest too and looking to retro-fit it themselves. Funny seeing the ST owners clamber for the 'downgrade' steering wheel for a change, haha.

Anyway, in terms of autotrader I'm pretty sure the ads you mention are probably referring to Climate (rather than Cruise) Control when stating CC.

just out of interest.... would this work??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-1-6-TDCI-CRUISE-CONTROL-SWITCH-STORK-BREAKING-2008-/180883738564?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AFocus&hash=item2a1d82cfc4#ht_1614wt_1110

On closer inspection I appear to have all the switches... Blue and Black on brake, and black on clutch... I'll check the GEM code, and steering wheel plug on my next day off!

just out of interest.... would this work??

http://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_1614wt_1110

That looks like a standard info/indicator stalk to me, i bet they stated cruise control purely to sell a part for a high price which can usually be picked up for a tenner at a scrappy.

i wonder if you can buy a blank switch to go next to the heated windscreen control buttons, attach the relevant wires and use that as the cc activation switch as apposed to replacing the steering wheel and air bag??

It can be done alkyz89, as people on the Russian forums have added their own switches to the steering wheel, it would be cool if someone could come up with a walkthrough for fitting remote switches, as the 4 spoke steering wheels seem to be quite difficult to get hold of.

Cheers

Found out yesterday that my local dealer are more than happy to play with IDS for me to activate cruise control and other bits ;)

The hunt is on for a wheel now!

• 2 months later...

Is the sticker I need to read the GEM number the one on the fuse box under the glove box? The one that you can see when you pop off the cover?

Is the sticker I need to read the GEM number the one on the fuse box under the glove box? The one that you can see when you pop off the cover?

BUMB

1. GEM number – according to info I have it must end with DX (where X could be any letter - A,B or any other), for example 4M5T-14A073-DW. I have read about another person who has successfully added Cruise Control to their Ford with a "C" GEM, but it was only one case and I am not 100% sure about it. You can read the GEM number on the sticker on the other side of fuse box.

My gem number ends with "-CJ".

Got a link or referens from where you read that someone successfully added Cruise Control to their Ford with a "C" GEM?

I added it to mine.....Focus 2008 MK2.5......GEM part no. 7M5T- 14A073- BB

Put on the wheel, activate it in the HEC & GEM and it worked.........

would love a button as mentioned before for just cruise on/off.

Dontr really need the increase speed etc just a simple on off would be amazing. Any info on doing this anyone?

Easier to put the wheel on and activate...........gives you the lot with no messing.

ye but finding the wheel is like finding a needle in a haystack..

I added it to mine.....Focus 2008 MK2.5......GEM part no. 7M5T- 14A073- BB

Put on the wheel, activate it in the HEC & GEM and it worked.........

ok.

My GEM-Number: 4M5T-14A073-CJ

How did you activated HEC & GEM? By a modified ELM327 nad ELMconfig or bye Ford Garage?

Did it with ELMConfig...........

ye but finding the wheel is like finding a needle in a haystack..

Easily got on Motoallegro.pl I can get one if you like ....?

Easily got on Motoallegro.pl I can get one if you like ....?

Just had a look on there, most of them are C-Max ones which aren't suitable.

Dam. Got big problems trying to remove the airbag. First remove two scews behind thé wheel and then a flat screwdriver to remove thé airbag? The airbag wont come off.

thanks for the links, dont see an option to buy any of the ones I've found on the second site, and the first site is not in english and haven't had a chance to translate yet.

the eBay one is brilliant except it looks a bit damaged at the bottom.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club