Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide Fitting Cruise Control Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 And Ford C-Max

Pidu

the ebay one is brilliant except it looks a bit damaged at the bottom.

I think it's just dirt, you could always ask them for extra photos.

ye i might ask them to give it a clean and retake the pic.

the bottom section of the wheel, the left most white mark looks like a nick out of it at the very least.

I just won that one on eBay, may actually get it retrimmed though if it;s going to work.

Has anyone tried this yet on an ST? Mine is a 2008 ST-3 but I've not had a chance yet to check the wiring, switches and GEM module so no idea if it's even possible yet,

Any ideas?

Cheers!

My GEM ends JD. Is that game over for me?

Mine too on my December 2008 ST-3 :(

null-51.jpg

Not looking good.

I'm no expert so this may not be the definitive answer... But my understanding is the ST ( all trim levels) were not available with CC as an option. Therefore, inclusion of appropriate GEM and switches would not be necessary on the basic build.

Have you checked your clutch and brake ?

How far did you get with acquiring parts?

Stu

CC was never an option on the ST, no, so you could be right although in my experience (with Vauxhall mainly) the higher specced car's (ST-3 with every option ticked) tend to have the more complete wiring looms and fuse boxes to cater for the extras.

I have the clutch/brakes switches, the correct wiring into the GEM, wiring behind the wheel and the instrument panel has the little green light up cruise icon (when doing LED test)

I have a replacement 4 spoke steering wheel with the buttons so I'm going to give it a bash anyway, no harm done if it don't work as I'll sell it on but bonus if it does.

• 3 weeks later...

hi,

my GEM version is ending with DC and have alla wires and wheel in place, and also cruise control activated in ELMConfig, but I get no reactions. Are there any fuses that's need to be checked?

Hi I have a mk2.5 2007/8 ford focus its auto and wonderd can the conversion be done with a automatic ? Many thanks

Tiggie

Just looked I have the brown wire, I have the 2 brake switches ( no clutch as auto) I have letters CB too not checked under steering wheel yet but assume the rest would be there as my cars newish

Hi if I got a cmax wheel and cmax airbag would that work?

You will have to buy a bag also then ??? Why do that ....i have the wheel for you, fitted and tested on my own car.

Hi rich I guess it was you on eBay ? I've ended up getting a cmax wheel and air bag for 50 with cc buttens I assume there a lot more but was lucky!

No worries, hope the loom plug is the same........you'll find out soon enough.

Okay update as far as I go: the cmax steering wheel fits has same connections but that has a choice of two airbag connections and that fits to all fitted plugged in no warnings etc,

As far as the cc is concerned its not lighting up and not working, ill go to a ford place Monday and see if they can turn it all on for me, what should I ask him? Just use ids computer and turn it on? And same for lights? Any help appreciated

Please also is there any fuses that need to be put in first? Thanks

Okay car booked in ford on Monday can some one help me to explane what needs sowing to set it up? Urgent help needed

You need cc activated in the instrument cluster, GEM module and possibly the PCM.

Activate autolights in the GEM module.

I'd get the latest software calibrations done to all modules while you're at it.

Good luck.

You need cc activated in the instrument cluster, GEM module and possibly the PCM.

Activate autolights in the GEM module.

I'd get the latest software calibrations done to all modules while you're at it.

Good luck.

thanks mate may well need it, So today i did the test of the buttens, if i hold down the rear heated window thing, it beeps and flashes indicators on all new Cruse control buttons

I will ask them to go into the cluster and change that and will have to see what they can do with the gem and pcm Do they need to Re write it or just tick a box?

The options should be in the ' personality ' option in 'programmable parameters' for each module......if i recall correctly.

Get the latest PCM calibration anyway, it'll improve the running of your engine.......worked wonders for me anyway.

Okay new News Today i bought this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230850332682?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 its a tool thats been modified and comes with software

any thoughts,? im still booked in for monday at ford, shall still go but may of been a waste of money...

Okay new News Today i bought this http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1439.l2649 its a tool thats been modified and comes with software

any thoughts,? im still booked in for monday at ford, shall still go but may of been a waste of money...

You could have made your own for less than £15. There's a thread on how to do it here: http://www.fordowner...nd-ff2-program/

You need this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250925123902?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648#ht_1819wt_1186

and this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280974135409&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en#ht_500wt_969

then solder the wires on. Simples

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club