Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide Fitting Cruise Control Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 And Ford C-Max

Pidu

At ford now been told option isn't in the gem

I've asked them to update any modals they can to see if it will show up, if not looks like the end of the road & £89 bill

Okay 89 pounds lighter no luck guy recons there are no configure things to add it after updating the car :( home brew kits on order anyway

When you get your cable, activate it yourself in GEM and HEC, what part number is your GEM module ?

Did he go into ' Speed Items ' menu with the IDS ?

No idea I wasn't allowed to see ill have to use that software you said

The program doesn't open on my pc though

Have you got an ST mate? I know someone over on stoc that tried it and it wouldn't work.

Have you got an ST mate? I know someone over on stoc that tried it and it wouldn't work.

no it's a auto though

Did you run the DLL pack first ?

Okay so i have the software working now on my lilttle laptop, When i get the wire * any day now* What do i need to do with the software, can you expand how i use it a little more? i can open the program as is but dont understand what i need to do, I guess Guess i need to copy the configuration on to my laptop how do i do that? and then tick the boxes i want ( can only see stuff in offline mode) then in gem i tick curse control and just apply? any help will be brillent expecting wire tomorw,

Okay so I got the wire through today I've tried and I've been and enabled everything I need to system menu but nothing is happening when I hit cc no dash light and not keeping speed, I've found the clutch wire and wired them as a closed connection any suggestions I've missed?

Okay so I got the wire through today I've tried and I've been and enabled everything I need to system menu but nothing is happening when I hit cc no dash light and not keeping speed, I've found the clutch wire and wired them as a closed connection any suggestions I've missed?

Why did you wired the clutch connection? For testing?

I think it's a closed connection an was hopping that's why my cc wouldn't work

I'm going to get a gem out of a tdci and re program and see if that makes my cc work

For anyone wanting to do this mod like me, I've found a guy selling the 4spoke steering wheel cover on the cheap. Got my 4 spoke steering wheel months ago but couldnt justify paying some of the prices the covers are being sold for.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281010750940

He is from Poland though, I odered mine on Friday messaged him and he said It will be posted today (Monday) and I should have it in 5-7days.I think I ended up paying £36 including postage which I'm happy about. Can't wait to get cc, I jus hope it will be a nice and easy mod and I won't run into some of the problems some people have been running into lately. Fingers crossed!

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys so ive managed to get my elm wire working (what a nightmare that was) just waiting on my steering wheel to turn up..

hoping it will work im fitting it to a cmax 1.6 zetec, all the wiring is there so just hoping that enabling it just with the elm will work (fingers crossed)

does anyone know if they have managed to make this work on a CC gem? (aptly named i hope...

well just incase anyone is wondering a CC gem doesnt work with it.. so time for me to try and find a dealer who will play with my pcm... anyone know of anywhere in the south east?

well just in case anyone is wondering a CC gem doesn't work with it.. so time for me to try and find a dealer who will play with my pcm... anyone know of anywhere in the south east?

Hi Tom Please dont go to the dealers, I have been there my self and they update the car £80+ and then say its not in the Pcm And its not!

the only thing i think you can do is get a new Fuse box (pcm modual) and change it for one that sports cc :( i will do this one day but ive not seen one online for the 1.6 petrol as yet with cc

Hi Tom Please dont go to the dealers, I have been there my self and they update the car £80+ and then say its not in the Pcm And its not!

the only thing i think you can do is get a new Fuse box (pcm modual) and change it for one that sports cc :( i will do this one day but ive not seen one online for the 1.6 petrol as yet with cc

Do you know the consequences of switching fusebox

To: 4M5T-14A073-DG

It might be other parameters that change besides the possibility of cruise control?

If you have a 2002 or above and you do require programming avoid the dealer at all costs, and have it programmed by and independent shop

http://blog.autopartscheaper.com/?p=38

So... I've downloaded ELMConfig... With a modded cable, is that all i need to change items on my car?? or do i need any other software??

I've found a wheel on eBay (Just need to find the airbag cover) and if this is all i need, I'll pretty much have CC working for under £100!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, this has been an interesting read.

I pick up my new car on Saturday (MK 2.5 focus zetec "sport") which doesn't have cruise control, but it is a gadget I miss from my BMW. In fact, it is the only thing about my BMW I miss!

I will check the pedals for these switches on Saturday. Is there anybody in the Lincolnshire area who would be happy to do the swap for me if I supplied the parts? I'm a bit funny about working with the air bag areas of my own cars - I know disconnecting the -ve on the battery is enough, but still.

Before I forget; good work to the original poster for either finding this or working it out and posting it.

So it would appear that the GEM module is in the fusebox.

It's likely that there is a simple connection (possibly only a fuse) required to activate cc on a car with a C gem instead of a D gem module after activating in the pcm, display and gem on ids.

To take this forward it would be really helpful if someone with a D gem fusebox would post a good photo of their fuses to compare with my C fusebox.

Thanks.

Can you please advise if it would be possible to make my own cruise control switch to save taking apart the steering wheel and just splice the cable as it comes down the steering arm? if so which cable is it / which cables do what?

Thanks

I too am tempted to go the route of making my own switch instead of changing the steering wheel. All I would want is the button to turn the system on or off, so a single push button stuck to the back of the hifi remote control would be perfect in this case.

Still haven't looked to see if I have the right bits on the car to make it possible yet.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club