Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide Fitting Cruise Control Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 And Ford C-Max

Pidu

if the price could be done either way and the wiring of the edited unit isnt a nightmare, then I would go either way :p

I heard you go either way ;) :p

WWEEEYYYYYYYYHEYYYYYYYYYY!!!

me? I can go whichever direction I fancy, but the Mrs positions me, tells me what speed and altitute and for how long I am permitted to travel.

And I can assure you, that was not intended as an entendre!

Just a little update, on anticipation of arranging purchase of a stalk, to test. I went out and activated cruise using IDS. I activated under module programming on PCM, GEM and IC...it even connected to the ford network and downloaded all the new calibrations for me.

Did a scan and it showed an error saying cruise is operational but stalk is missing...Clever thing...

So now to wait, get my stalk, hook up and play :D will keep you posted.

Sounding very hopeful.

How much did your IDS cost?

cost around £300 if I can remember correctly... was about a year ago I got it...Made its money back scanning/updating my calibrations, my sisters fiesta and a mate from work (who does my brakes) mondeo...all that money spent at ford if I didn't have it lol

Good bit of investment, handy for new keys and programming cruise etc.

£300... a good investment, if you have the pennies spare!

I know this thread is Focus/C-Max - so my apologies. Got a 2010 Galaxy 2.0 TDCi Zetec Powershift and want to fit cruise control (just bought it from a Ford dealer who advertised it with cruise control but neither he nor I realised it didn't have it until the day after I'd paid for it)! Dealer desperate to put things right but Ford tell him I can't have CC on this car at all. Can it really not be done? If there's a chance it can, would someone tell me how it can be done? Please dumb it down for me.

Basically check:

- if wiring in fuse box is present

- if brake switch is present

- if clutch switch is present

- if wiring under steering wheel is present

(Check page 1) for pics

- buy a 4 spoke steering wheel with cruise control buttons

- get dealer, ids holder or elm modded cable to activate the ecu for speed control

If dealer wants to make this right, ask them to do above steps. If not just ask for some money back...if there is a ghia model for your car then u should be able to add cruise

Hi John. Its an auto so no clutch. I've done a diagnostic test but no CC LED lights up. There are Ghia models.

Galaxy 2010 elmconfing GEM and BCM for my friend work no need PCM

Jarek - thanks for the reply but can you dumb it down for me please?

Had a look in fusebox. GEM number AG9T-14A073-BD - so it isn't a DX number. Not good. Can't find connector 103 - nothing to left of fuses. All connectors are larger than one shown on page 1 and don't swivel like one on page 1. See photo.

post-43713-0-92001800-1369807846_thumb.j

Looks different to the focus one all together i think. A shortcut would be to check steering wheel connections.

You're GEM have cruise control only Ax don't have in galaxy check check wire in steering wheel

just for an update, the deal with the chinese seller has fell through. Oh well...

anyways another development. Ive been looking at those russian sites for inspiration and some info. Well anyways ive bought myself 100 resistors of each resistance (cheaper than buying the 1) but i only need 1 so i am going to end up with 499 of each resistance spare lol

And ive bought myself a pack of micro switches etc.

Well, from my previous and current trade i am pretty nifty with a soldering iron etc. so i am going to do it myself... plus that it will save me a few ££'s

I am going for the original plan of putting it into the radio stalk but i will also check the idea of placing the buttons on the wheel.

If all goes well and looks good and works i may offer this to the general member of this site for a few beer tokens.

I will keep you all posted.

sounds like a plan! I think I would be up for sharing my money with you Mr H!

especially if it saves you the hassall of buying a 4 spoke steering wheel and as the russians call it - the pillow! lol

On another forum, we had a similar tactic. An employee of a certain company, who works in the dealership managed to get his hands on a box of "fallen of the wagon" cruise control stalks. He then sold them for around £10 (dealer sells at around £60) a peice and with people nationally holding the dealer tool went around activating cruise on their cars...Nice little earner for him and the dealer tool holders...car owners where then 10x happier with a car with cruise etc. unfortunately mine didnt work as it was a 2001 model...

Fingers crossed for this though, shouldnt have a problem...got the wiring, got it activated just need the electronic side to use. lol

I've got a focus with GEM code ending in BH and bought the 4 spoke cruise control steering wheel a couple of months back but couldn't get it working. My car was detecting the buttons being pressed but the cruise control wouldn't activate. I'm guessing I'll need ford etis to programme it, does anyone know anywhere in Yorkshire where I can get it done? Or does anyone on here have a copy who could activate it for me? I'll be willing to compensate for time and effort.

Did you get the cars PCM, GEM and IC activated?

Also where abouts in yorkshire?

I activated it in the HEC and GEM sections in ELMconfig but couldn't get it to work. I'm based in the Leeds area

If you can find the pcm activation that should do it...from what i understand the hec is the cluster

Hi,

I have checked my GEM in the fuse box cover and it says 6M5T-14A076-BB. My car is a Focus TDCI 2.0 MK2.5 facelift.

From the first post, it says that the connector should have 2 rows of cables. Mine seems to have 3. Does anyone know how to check if the required wiring is there ?

Thank you.

20130603_232738.jpg

20130603_232744.jpg