Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide Fitting Cruise Control Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 And Ford C-Max

Pidu

Yeah it just has to be the earlier version to bypass the locks but after you can recalibrate to a new version ;)

Check wires and let us know if not sure get as many pics as you can and upload

Just checked for the wires, they all seem to be present

post-36281-0-33827800-1374236820_thumb.j

post-36281-0-22284500-1374236841_thumb.j

post-36281-0-99660900-1374236855_thumb.j

post-36281-0-25883200-1374236871_thumb.j

I also have the switches on the pedals

Yeah it just has to be the earlier version to bypass the locks but after you can recalibrate to a new version ;)

Check wires and let us know if not sure get as many pics as you can and upload

What version you running ? I have V85 working fine on a clean XP Professional install, on a seperate partition with nothing else installed. Module reprogramming was disabled in V80 i think........

My GEM ends JD, according to the original post it must end with DX (where X could be any letter - A,B or any other), for example 4M5T-14A073-DW

Is this info out of date now?

I was using ver 81 to begin with then tries v75 but it would still get "data error" tried version 72 and it got access. Recalibrated with and older file then updated using motorcraft servers

I think that info doesnt matter now best check to see if you know any st has cruise if so you could be in luck

I think that info doesnt matter now best check to see if you know any st has cruise if so you could be in luck

ST's and RS's don't come with cruise nor is it an option

Mine doesn't have the wires :( Any chance just pulling the 2 wires straight from the steering to the plug will work ?

Mine doesn't have the white/brown wires at the junction box. Looking at the electrical schematics for the passenger junction box. It seems to show that the 2 wires just connects to the cruise control switches. Does that refer to the CC switches on the steering ? I am still wondering if I could just insert 2 new brown/white cables into the Blue connector and link it directly to the steering wheel connector.

Appreciate your view.

Cruise%20Control.JPG

You could try, people have installed additional items doing it this way, but I cant say if cruise control will work the same...

Are the pins present in the GEM module ?? No good adding wires if they're not there. I had this problem with other retrofits ( autolights / wipers ) The pins were not there, so i bought a second hand GEM on eBay that had all pins present, wrote my configuration to it.....and bingo all worked a treat. Pull the plug and have a look first....

I believe the wires go direct from fuse to steering wheel as the brake and clutch switch will use the CAN network to turn off the cruise when pressed. but the wiring will need to be there also.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

After trial and error I finally found an EML327 that would run at a baud rate of 500000.

Activated Cruise Control in the Gem and HEC. Doing the GEM test via the Heated rear window I get the beeps and indicators flash on all of the Cruise control buttons. So the Gem knows they are there. The switches are all present on the clutch and brake.

So working through the set up in Wilcos post 1451 in Guide for Focus Mk2/2.5 C-Max/kuga~Elm 327 cable and Ff2 program etc. In the procedures page 2 screen I Read the firmware from PCM in file (saves as a bin file) reading complete in 3 minuets. Read the VID block from PCM blue bar shows progress and saved to my computer.

Changed to configuration screen checked the Integrated Speed Control and saved as PCM config. Picture 2.

Back to procedures screen page 2. Clicked on Load VID Block from file the only option in the box is to open PCM Config. Which I do. Picture 3. Click on Load Firmware from File box opens and again the only option is to open PCM dump 7M51-12A650AFD-Bin. Picture 4. This I did. I get the warning as in picture 5 There is a Non Empty VID Block etc I click on yes.

Next Write current firmware in PCM. I get beep from Instrument cluster and Engine Malfunction warning. The Blue bar shows progress and it writes data to 97 blocks. Picture 6.

It reboots when finished and up pops a box Reprogram Success in 3 minuets.

I shut down program, turn off ignition. Unplug EML 327. Start car. Drive to local dual carriageway. At a speed in excess 60mph select cruise control via the button on steering wheel. Take foot off accelerator. No cruise control!

I have now gone through this 3 times with the same result.

Can anyone through some light on this or is my steering wheel going to end up on eBay. My PCM number is in picture 1.

Thank you.post-41397-0-58315100-1375797012_thumb.jpost-41397-0-67682900-1375797013_thumb.jpost-41397-0-12985500-1375797015_thumb.jpost-41397-0-15265600-1375797017_thumb.jpost-41397-0-45234900-1375797018_thumb.jpost-41397-0-60461800-1375797020_thumb.j

Not being funny but did you press the "on" button followed by "+"?

I have seen in a few places that the elm method does not allow pcm mod...but not sure on truth of that

• Like 1

Wait... I have not yet received my 500kbps capable ELM327 dongle so I really do not know, but this got my attention:

"I get the warning as in picture 5 There is a Non Empty VID Block etc I click on yes."

Will this not overwrite your previously loaded VID which had CC enabled? So in essence you just rewrote original firmware back to the PCM without any modifications...

This is just a quess. I have never reprogrammed PCM or anoything, but judging from wording in your screenshots, I would suspect that this is the case. Though, I do not know if it is safe to answer no either! Perhaps you could check those Russian forums using Google translator?

Edit: Perhaps this can be checked out by reading again firmware and VID block from the PCM and seeing if CC is enabled or not? If it is enabled then it must be something else...

• Like 1

Cragrat, you still with us? I've been reading Russian forums using Google Translator and they suggested that to enable CC in PCM, you should FIRST read PCM from file and THEN read (modified) VID from file. This could solve your problem, even if elmconfig reads old configruation from PCM file, then reading (modified) VID from file sohuld update them...

Aside of that, does anybody know if 1.6 Ti-VCT (115hp) with 4 oxygen sensors should work? I found one post from civil-zz, that it may not work, but nothing ever since... Still waiting my ELM327 interface...

Edit: Reading Russinan forums further, it seems that yes you can also load first VID, then PCM and when it asks that non-empty VID block blah blah, you could answer no and VID block from file will be used. Though this information is from Google translator, I cannot guarantee anything...

Hi, Yes I'm still here.

I only get the oppotunity to look into this on my car every week or so. Thanks for all the advice. Hope to check through it all soon, including making sure I press the right buttons in the right order.

I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks

Hi,

Could not resist a quick look at the car.

I carried out the exact procedure as listed in my post 311. Except this time when asked the question about the non empty VID block I selected ‘no’ as recommended by jarp in post 313 lines 3-5. and carried on until the reprogrammed box appeared.

Took the car for a drive. Made sure I selected the buttons as in JohnH post 312.

I now have cruise control. Very strange feeling as though I am not in control. But I will get used to it running up and down the M5.

One other thing, I didn’t have the wires to the steering wheel from GEM. I checked that the pins were there in the GEM, and visited a scrap yard. Found a Focus with the wires, (unfortunately only a 3 spoke steering wheel) Cut the connectors off from each end. Took the pins out of these connectors and inserted them into the correct positions (10 & 18 in C103) in my connectors. Crimped wires in to join the two new connector pins together. Activated GEM and HEC cruise control and carried out the test using Heated rear window switch to confirm continuity. All working.

My GEM is Pt No 7M5T-14A073-CF. HEC Rom 403 and PCM Pt No 7M51-12A650-AFD as listed in picture 1 of my post 311.

The biggest problem I had was finding an ELM 327 that would run at 500000 baud rate.

A big thank you to all who have contributed to this and hope my experience will help others. Any questions just ask.

Great stuff! I also received my USB dongle today, it worked for 500 000 bps (I'll post details to another thread) and took leap of faith and did what you did. Or actually, I first loaded PCM, said YES to the question asking if I want to use VID from PCM file and after that I loaded VID from file. And then flashed.

Took my car to highway and IT WORKS! Great, great stuff! I had replaced steering wheel earlier and nothing else apart from configuring HEC, GEM and PCM using elmconfig was needed! My GEM part number is 4M5T-14A073-CD, so it seems it does not need to end with -Dx as suggesed by firstr post!

Thank you everyone :)

Ps. Just for reference, my PCM part number was 5M51-12A650-HE, software version v.4 (05.07.2004), firmware E00DS4XA and module type SIM29. Worked flawlessly!

Edit: Also had to clear fault codes. Flashing PCM will lit some fault codes, apparently this is normal and after clear they won't bother anymore.

-J

good find Jari! glad to see you got it sorted!

Great work Cragrat and jarp, I think I will give this a go and see if I can be the 1st ST driver with OEM cruise control.

Just need to source a steering wheel from somewhere

Hi,

Could not resist a quick look at the car.

I carried out the exact procedure as listed in my post 311. Except this time when asked the question about the non empty VID block I selected ‘no’ as recommended by jarp in post 313 lines 3-5. and carried on until the reprogrammed box appeared.

Took the car for a drive. Made sure I selected the buttons as in JohnH post 312.

I now have cruise control. Very strange feeling as though I am not in control. But I will get used to it running up and down the M5.

One other thing, I didn’t have the wires to the steering wheel from GEM. I checked that the pins were there in the GEM, and visited a scrap yard. Found a Focus with the wires, (unfortunately only a 3 spoke steering wheel) Cut the connectors off from each end. Took the pins out of these connectors and inserted them into the correct positions (10 & 18 in C103) in my connectors. Crimped wires in to join the two new connector pins together. Activated GEM and HEC cruise control and carried out the test using Heated rear window switch to confirm continuity. All working.

My GEM is Pt No 7M5T-14A073-CF. HEC Rom 403 and PCM Pt No 7M51-12A650-AFD as listed in picture 1 of my post 311.

The biggest problem I had was finding an ELM 327 that would run at 500000 baud rate.

A big thank you to all who have contributed to this and hope my experience will help others. Any questions just ask.

Cragat, just to confirm, your car didn't come with the wiring from steering to GEM and you basically took wires from another scrap focus and pulled it from the steering to the GEM connector ? The 2 wires are just plain straight wires right ? Thanks.

Hi FYL,

Correct, I Took the connector from the scrap car steering wheel removed the 2 pins with the brown and white wires did the same on connector c103. Opened up my connectors and inserted the pins. Ran connecting wires between the two. Plugged them back in. Ran the test to confirm the GEM and HEC recognised the buttons on my steering wheel. The wiring diagrams in the Guides part of the forum shows the pin numbers and confirms that it is a straight run between the steering wheel and GEM.

Good luck. Hope it works for you.

Next step retrofit ESP? Have those crazy russians been able to do it? I bet it will take more hardware modifications than cruise...

Hi, Update on cruise control. Still getting used to it. When adjusting the speed using the + button it's quite rapid untill it gets to the new selected speed. Same when going up hill it realy puts the power on to keep the speed constant. Is there a software update for the PCM that smoothes this out? Apart from that I'm realy pleased.

Got myself a wheel, now just need the Russians to adjust ELMconfig so that it's compatible with the 2.5l engine

Hi David,

The cruise would normally be activated when your at/around the appropriate speed then you activate it. You would then normally single click until you reach the appropriate speed (+/- 1mph) however it sounds like your pressing and holding until you reach the desired speed? in which case, I don't believe there is anything.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club