Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide Fitting Cruise Control Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 And Ford C-Max

Pidu

Thanks Simba,

If you do have any pictures of just how you connected for testing purposes, that would be helpful, if not, I might just strip a bit of the wiring back and when I do get round to it, just wrap the wires around each other before I think about how to proceed from there!

Definitely 2 different instrument clusters on Mk 2 Focus owners manual with option of CC and without. Re checked mine and no CC light at all, no space for it. So if your light doesn't come on after activating the CC do the self diagnostic check to see if you have one.

At least the CC works perfectly. I was lucky to pick up the wheel and airbag plus cover from eBay, none on at the moment, very thin on the ground.

it would be, but unfortunately having just moved into our own place I have no money for these things! short of wiring one myself, or spending less and buying just the controls and adding them, I wish I could get it!

Well I paid £100 for my Focus wheel incl air bag and cover, very easy straight swop, then I turned the CC on myself via ELM cable following instructions on here. £100 is a premium but its getting hold of the wheels which is the problem, I think for factory fit CC it's still damn good value.

I'm quite happy to help anybody with my IDS and ELM if they are local.

shame there isnt anyone down in Kent with IDS :(

shame there isnt anyone down in Kent with IDS :(

what you need to do ?

Well I have activated CC with the ELM Config, but when I eventually get to make the switches and test it, I just like to keep an eye out in case I need IDS to switch it on formally in there!

Well I have activated CC with the ELM Config, but when I eventually get to make the switches and test it, I just like to keep an eye out in case I need IDS to switch it on formally in there!

ive got a cable that i used to install new speedo if you wanted to come over if you needed to

Thanks John,

might have to bear that in mind! if you wouldnt mind dropping me a PM with a few details in case its an offer I need to take up?

Thanks John,

might have to bear that in mind! if you wouldnt mind dropping me a PM with a few details in case its an offer I need to take up?

sent

Hey, decided to try this, whit diy buttons. The wiring latout says that there should be brown & white wire that goes trough the steering spring (whaaat?) to the buttons.

Im not planning to put my buttons on the wheel, but add them to the radio remote, so now i wondering where does the wires go on the stearing colum? Are they on the same "set" that goest to the indicator lever. Or on the one that goes to wiper lever?

take the two torx screws off from underneath the steering wheel cowling.

Remove this, and you should then see the wires going up into the airbag area. When you see you have these, then worry about removing the airbag.

Found them! Thanks :)

Why should i worry about the airbag? The plan i have in mind is to strip some of the insulator on the wire near the radio remote harnes, solder the cruisecontrol wires to those, and the. Re-insulate them. So i dont need to find the "end" of the wires :)

thats the plan that I also had lol, it was more of a last resort, but its soon becoming the favourite!

I just hope that if I do go snipping that it actually works lol I still need to work out which wires and switches are best or take my stalk apart and work out the wires lol

sent using the Ford OC app for android.

Make sure you discharge residual current from the airbag wiring before working around it.

Disconnect the positive wire from the battery and touch it to the negative terminal then leave disconnected for 10 to 20 minutes prior to working.

Nope, it did not work... activated the Cruise control whit ELM2 from the IPC and BCM, connected the buttons to the brown and the white wire on the steering column. Did the instrument cluster check, and the in the cluster check the CC light showed, but when i turned the engine on, and pressed the "on" button, nothing happened. Also did a litle testdrive whitout succes :(

Nope, it did not work... activated the Cruise control whit ELM2 from the IPC and BCM, connected the buttons to the brown and the white wire on the steering column. Did the instrument cluster check, and the in the cluster check the CC light showed, but when i turned the engine on, and pressed the "on" button, nothing happened. Also did a litle testdrive whitout succes :(

Could you be more specific, what software did you exactly use and from what modules exactly you did enable CC? Terminology seems to differ from your software and software you used (IPC <> HEX, BCM <> ???).

Anyways, you need to enable CC from three different modules. If you enabled it only from two (IPC, BCM), you still have one module left. Won't work without it...

Also, you need to press + or - button after you press ON to cruise actually to activate.

Hello,

When I finaly got the right elm327 (elm327 dongle #3...) with 500k speed, I saved the VID & firmware, loaded it back and activaded the CC-option (in PCM).

When I then tried to write it back to the PCM it said that my PCM is not supported!

I have the ECU-131 and PCM 5M51AG.

Does someone know why only the "5M51JD / JE" are supported by the ELMConfig?

What is the difference between JD/JE and my AG?

Will the xxxAG be supported in the future or am I just in bad luck regarding the activation of the CC?

Can I download another calibration file to my PCM?

I do not want to give up :(

/Fredrik

Focus 1.8 FlexiFuel 2006

Could you be more specific, what software did you exactly use and from what modules exactly you did enable CC? Terminology seems to differ from your software and software you used (IPC <> HEX, BCM <> ???).

Anyways, you need to enable CC from three different modules. If you enabled it only from two (IPC, BCM), you still have one module left. Won't work without it...

Also, you need to press + or - button after you press ON to cruise actually to activate.

Most likely you used ELM-FF2, right? It cannot enable CC from PCM, you need to use ELMConfig for that, read all the previous posts.

Most likely you used ELM-FF2, right? It cannot enable CC from PCM, you need to use ELMConfig for that, read all the previous posts.

Yeap, ELM-FF2 i couldnt find the Config anywhere... need to dig deeper :) edit: nvm found it, now the link on the first page woked

Sorry, I used the ElmConfig, it has a "warning" that my PCM is unsupported :(

HkhVS.jpg

Sorry, I used the ElmConfig, it has a "warning" that my PCM is unsupported :(

HkhVS.jpg

You are out of luck, sorry :/ Ford garage could perhaps enable cruise using Ford's own IDS software, but they won't do that for free. Or you can hope that developers of ELMConfig will add support to your ECU in future...

Edit: Remember, ELMConfig is done by individual volunteers, they may or may not add support to your ECU. You can check out their forums using Google Tranlator / Chrome and see if they have any development going on...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club