Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide Fitting Cruise Control Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 And Ford C-Max

Pidu

any success Carlos? you switched it on yet?

any success Carlos? you switched it on yet?

Nope, got stuck whit that error code when trying to read the PCM... So far i think its becose im using bluetooth ELM and it cant work waster the 9600kbs (acording to the speed test) and the pcm reading requires 115000.

Now im figuring if i could hookup a better USB-Serial converter to the serial lines of the BT chip :D But sofar ive been able to get only some scrable trough

Yeap, i think its becose the bluetooth elm adapter can't work fast enough for the PCM... Searching for USB-lead and if im lucky, il get one in my hands by the weekend.

Meanwhile, i did "Cruise control buttons Mark 2" whit tactile switches. Mark 1 were basic red pushbuttons on connection box just for testing. Also, found out that the resistance needs to be accurate! 300ohm is not "standard" resistor, so had to take 310ohm instead. Did the GEM button test, and noticed that it did not work... So did it whit 120 and 180omh resistors.

Now all i need to figure out is how i get them to fit inside the radio remote neatly, whitout ripping out the remote electronics. There is some spare room, but i think i might need to make some extra :/

I am getting the same issues as carl0s. also getting this post-26850-0-95450900-1382485898_thumb.p when trying to read on the pcm page 2.

im using a wired elm connector I've got 2 and tried both and get the error message both. on the speed test they both show are able to connect at 500000. is any one able to shed any light on this. mine is a 1.6 tdci I read on other pages that this was not supported in previous version of elmconfig.

thanks

I am getting the same issues as carl0s. also getting this attachicon.gifelm.PNG when trying to read on the pcm page 2.

im using a wired elm connector I've got 2 and tried both and get the error message both. on the speed test they both show are able to connect at 500000. is any one able to shed any light on this. mine is a 1.6 tdci I read on other pages that this was not supported in previous version of elmconfig.

thanks

1.6 TDCi here also. I wonder if it has something to do whit that, what does the "info" show you on the PCM module (version, fw etc)

!Removed! it, bought IDS... I report back in 3-5 business days when i get my hands on the package :)

Where did you buy......what seller ?

I have found the supplier of the best VCM's.....these use the same board types as the original.

Beware of the FLY type units.......they are rubbish and are only good for clearing DTC's...........can also corrupt modules !

Where did you buy......what seller ?

I have found the supplier of the best VCM's.....these use the same board types as the original.

Beware of the FLY type units.......they are rubbish and are only good for clearing DTC's...........can also corrupt modules !

http://www.cardiag.co.uk/vcm-metal-box-ids-v80-jlr-v131-new-vcm-release-1382.html

Any experiences ?

Ask them to send you pictures of the 2 boards inside........

Its the only way to identify the good from the bad.

Have a look here and compare...... http://mhhauto.com/Thread-China-VCM-s-guide

Good thing i changed the product... Acording to the mhhauto: "Not suitable for module programming (can corrupt/lock PCM,TCM)" :D

The new one atleast says on the function list:

* Programming & Installation of new ECUs (PCM, ABS, Instrument Cluster, Air Bag, Fuel Pumps, etc.)

* Set, Adjust or Remove Speed Governors

So i think it should do the trick... :)

Been there with the sh**ty FLY VCM's, they can do serious damage to modules.....only good for clearing DTC's.

Its still a lottery what you'll get really, but the one i got from ADK is spot on so far.

Good luck.

do you have a link to your trusted purchase Richard?

http://www.adkautoscan.com/

Make it clear what you want....no rubbish and preferably get pictures of the PCB's sent to clarify.

Never any guarantee with China sellers.......

they have everything from a $20 cable to an $800 kit.

I guess you would have gone for the mid range area?

This one.

http://www.adkautodiagnostic.com/top-quality-ford-ids-vcm-version-a-freeship-ford-vcm-ids-scanner-customer-review-289.html?zenid=abd936443a58a44d134e088647635ea6

It's also important to install the software to a clean partition on your hard drive. Nothing else on the drive, just the operating system and the IDS software.

I only use Ford software, i didn't install JLR as i don't use it.

I wish I had that much burning a hole in my pocket! lol

I think I would be happy to pay a nominal amount and rent someones rather than buy it all myself!

just got my cruise control activated after over 6 months of trying with elm config.

post-26850-0-13309800-1382651798_thumb.j

were it says pcm type I selected the 1.6 tdci option from the list, hadn't done this before and it gave me an error did it not and it read no problem.

finally got it sorted after wasting 40 quid at a ford dealer for them to plug it in buying 2 elm readers both modded and working at 500,000 if any one would be looking to buy one send me a message.

I saw the new write to PCM option in the configuration page of PCM and hoped that it would "fix" my CC flag.

But when hitting write all looked good until the very end when it said, "there is an empty block... -> must to a firmware write..."

Back to square one again :(

So near but so far from a working CC :(

• 2 weeks later...

edit:

Yeah, so i got my IDS VCM today, and when i go to "Toolbox", "Module Programming" it throws me error: "Selection not available"... ?!

What should i do?

What version you running?

Needs patching to enable programming.

What version you running?

Needs patching to enable programming.

84 there was ome patch on the DVD's that came whit it :/

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club