Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide Fitting Cruise Control Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 And Ford C-Max

Pidu

Ford buttons or self made? I noticed that the GEM beebs on the rear window heater trick, even if the buttons were set up all wrong.

Ford buttons mate, I have a 4 spoke steering wheel.

• 3 weeks later...

How important is it for these resistors to be the right value?

I bought a pack of resistors of all the varying amounts, and most of them are all less than the value specified. Most come in 5 - 17 ohms less than they are packaged as?

120 = 115
180 = 177
300 = 295
510 = 495
1000 = 983

Should I be getting in touch with the seller, and should these numbers be a minimum, or is it a ballpark game?

Having a rather blonde moment...

Attached is how I think it should work. Given that I have the microswitches with 4 legs (1 pair the switch closes, 1 pair remains closed permenantly).

So the plan is this, the top of the boxes in my diagram are the perma closed, so after I press the button, the current will then run through all of these circuits, and will output the resistance of all of these resistors to the car.

So at any point, the ECU should always receive a resistance of 1210 ohms. I then turn cruise off and the ECU receives no resistance, and switches it off, but as soon as I release the button it then gets all 1210 Ohms back again.

So can someone just clarify for me that this is correct? The switch bridges going down, and remains perma closed going across? I am confident that this is right, but something just doesnt feel right lol

CC_zps85f1612d.png

Bargain and a half!

Out of curiosity, would anyone who has succsesfully activated cruise control with their modified OBDII adapter, be willing to lend it to me? It appears mine cannot talk at 500000 so I cannot get onto the PCM and do the download.

Hello,

When I finaly got the right elm327 (elm327 dongle #3...) with 500k speed, I saved the VID & firmware, loaded it back and activaded the CC-option (in PCM).

When I then tried to write it back to the PCM it said that my PCM is not supported!

I have the ECU-131 and PCM 5M51AG.

Does someone know why only the "5M51JD / JE" are supported by the ELMConfig?

What is the difference between JD/JE and my AG?

Will the xxxAG be supported in the future or am I just in bad luck regarding the activation of the CC?

Can I download another calibration file to my PCM?

I do not want to give up :(

/Fredrik

Focus 1.8 FlexiFuel 2006

My cruise control is now working!

Thanks to ELMconfig and the Quizzer functionality I managed to activate the cc. It was scary when you read that the PCM is beeing erased...

My tool is a modified china version with the FTDI... All of the warning messages about doing it on your own risk was flashing for my eyes...

It worked so I am glad :)

Thank you ELMconfig!!!

Cheers

Fredrik

no matter which PCM I use, none are supported :( This is under all of the PCM types as well, so its the same error on the others :(

PCMNotSupported_zps1ef65a3a.jpg

I have connected the switches temporarily and tried it and unfortunately no cruise :( seems that I wont be able to do this with Elm Config perhaps.

I basically ticked the box and tried to write, and that was the result, I hope its just a user error! :p any thoughts?

Does anyone have any reason to believe that the mondeo cruise buttons would use different resistances?

Guys, today i had the time to work on this mod. After ensuring that i have all the required switches and cables, in installed the wheel and it seemed fine.

I activated the CC using ELMconfig on two places of the config without any issues, and went for a ride, but for some reason the CC didn't come on.

Also, i noticed that the one-click closing of all windows is no longer working. The opening is fine.

Any ideas what that might be?

Try this

Step 1:

Press the power window control switch close button until the door window is fully closed and hold the button in the close position for a further second.

Step 2:

Release the power window control switch close button and press again two or three more times, for one second each time.

Step 3:

Press the power window control switch open button until the door window is fully open.

Step 4:

Briefly press the power window control switch close button to the second detent and release the button.

If the door window does not close automatically, repeat the complete procedure.

Repeat the door window motor initialization for each door window motor.

Thanks Terry, that solved my problem! Any idea why it happened in the first place? was it because i removed the battery?

The CC is still not working however... Any suggestions on that? I doubt it can be a faulty wheel...

I activated the CC using ELMconfig on two places of the config without any issues, and went for a ride, but for some reason the CC didn't come on.

CC usually needs to be enabled from three places - that and how to do it is what we have been discussing for last 20 pages. From what modules did you enable CC?

Jari, i used ELM-FF2 and activated on IPC and BCM. I couldn't find the third option. Is this the PCM that you are talking about?

Jari, i used ELM-FF2 and activated on IPC and BCM. I couldn't find the third option. Is this the PCM that you are talking about?

Yes, PCM is the problem child as you cannot activate CC that easily from it. If you are lucky enough your PCM may already have CC ativated, but apparently not as it's not working. You need to enable CC from PCM... Please see last 10 pages about it.

And you can verify that your steering wheel and buttons works by using test mode:

- While holding rear window heater button down, turn ignition on

- Keep pushing heater button until you hear beeb -> test mode is on

When in test mode, all input buttons from steering wheel etc. should induce audible beeb and flash indicators should flash also. So you can test that GEM will recognize all your buttons.

Jari,

Thanks for your answer. I've done the test and the buttons work fine.

I followed this topic in the past, but for some reason, i thought that my problem was not related to the ones discussed earlier, since i had the wired version of the cable. I will have to revisit all the posts and come back with more questions (if any)

Update: I was using ELMConfig v0.1.0.2 without any luck, but updating to v0.2.11b seem to have solved my issues. I read the VID-block (took 9 mins) and wrote it back (around 3 mins) to fix the 'block in use' error and then updated the configuration. Tested and it works!

I was scared at one point because the laptop battery died, but fortunately that didn't brick my car and i was able to restart the process.

I just managed to buy myself some mondeo cruise control buttons (under £9), I am waiting for them now and I will hopefully find that they measure the same resistance and I can use these :D

Guys, after using the CC for a few days i noticed the following:

• I think it would make sense to have some feedback when it is on but not active (it could light up orange).
  • It would be nice to show the selected speed setting on the screen, so you can easily tell the set speed, when you change it using the buttons.

Is either of the above available? I'm thinking that i might have missed something during activation. Thanks.

Also, does the shift-up option work any better when you are on CC, or does it still fire only at high revs?

Unfortunately neither of those are available. the green clock is the only icon, so cannot be changed, and the speed is not visible in the trip computer as its not an accessible option. The software only allows for modifying existing settings and configurations, not creating new ones unfortunately.

I thought so, i was just thinking that i might have missed something during activation... thanks

Civil is very good, but unfortunately he has limitations, however you could muster something yourself. You might be able to wire an LED in so that the LED illuminates all the time. Then when green is off and just LED is on, you know that its good to go?

Your solution sounds good, however i would like to keep my mods close to factory standard... (for now)

This is not a cruise control part... As far as i can tell, it is only an incorrect listing... This looks like a standard indicator stalk.

Just find my GEM-no. finishing with CC anyone have done it with same letters on the end?Thanks

Hello!
I'm new here and have also tried to get the cruise control on my Ford Focus 1.8 FFV work. I mount all things in the car but when I use ELMconfig 0.2.10 and read information from the car so I just get an error message (ELM incorrect response from ELM to request "10 87")
What's wrong? I have double checked all my soldering ELM OBD everything looks right as it should.40929-7505746be055e9e710fbc856c29350f3.j

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club