Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide Fitting Cruise Control Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 And Ford C-Max

Pidu

I finally got the CC working on my Focus!!!  :yahoo:

As the ELMConfig (0.2.17b) fails to read the whole SID803 PCM memory (not the SID803A) . I finaly solved my propblem by finding an ECU tuning shop who agreed to use their MAGPro2 via OBD to read and save the whole PCM memory via OBD connector, I manually modified the offsets based on the VID-Block modifications done by ELMConfig (PCM configuration), written back to PCM using MAGPro2 again, then activated CC in GEM an HEC using ELMConfig.

So, the points to record about my experience:

- ELMConfig is not compatible (yet) with SID803 PCM even if is in the list. But you can find alternate solutions to read/write it (MAGPro2, I/O terminal, BDM...) and determine what to change by comparing  *.elm PCM configuration save file, with vs without integrated Speed Control. (the *.elm files are the VID-Block hex bytes saved as string. Easy to find in MPC555 dump).

- Some Focus MK2 (the first ones at least) don't have the wires for the CC, from steering clock spring connector to the GEM connector. But it is not impossible the install if you find wire terminals.

Finally the total cost for all is about 200€ (steering wheel, airbag, connectors + modified ELM + MAGPro2 service). And a lot of time , patience and brainstorm :wacko:

Many thanks to you guys, to civil-zz (the ELMConfig developper) and the guy who agreed to take some time (and very few of my money)  with his MAGPro2.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, littlebalup said:

I finally got the CC working on my Focus!!!  :yahoo:

Great to hear that mate, I'm glad you got it sorted in the end :)

Any problems using CC now? Everything working well?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, igorsinkovec said:

Any problems using CC now? Everything working well?

Like a charm :smile:

Some picture of my custom wiring (white and brown wires):

fe25e2d44d374ea7a94ab288a7e2cdbf.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On ‎15‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 9:13 PM, TitaniumPenguin said:

Enabling the CC in the HEC and the GEM was the easy bit,

1. make sure you have a decent modified ELM327 cable

2. Download the latest ELMConfig from (at the time of writing this, the latest was 2.17) http://civil.iffc.ru/elmconfig/

3. Enable in the GEM and HEC module (Self explanitory)

4. Now, this may not be the way some of you guys did this part for the PCM, but it's how I did mine;

- Open up the PCM page
   - Read the VIN Number
   - Open the information tab and click "Read"
   - Go to the configuration tab and click "Read from PCM" and save a copy to your PC?
   - Follow the instructions
   - Ensure that the PCM type in the top drop down box matches yours
   - Click on the Procedures tab and select page 2
   - Click Read firmware from PCM to BIN-file (This took around 50 mins IIRC)  took 17mins on mine and save a copy to your PC a file of 512 kb?
   - Next click Load Firmware from PHF/HEX/BIN-file from the one you just saved?
   - I had a dialog box pop up here and ask me if I wanted to load this VID block, I selected "NO" thought this is where when I selected no it then writes the file back to the PCM with no configuration data?
   - Return to the configuration tab, select Integrated Speed Control
   - Return to Procedures Page 2
   - Click Write current firmware to PCM now it writes the configuration back to the firmware of PCM with the modified config settings
   - I then had a dialog box pop up and ask me if I wanted to use the current VID block, I selected "Yes" current vid block is actually the settings in the config page you where you ticked integrated speed control
   - Once this procedure started, I had a warning message on my dash clocks saying "Engine Systems Fault"
   - This procedure took about 35 mins to complete (I had to do this part about 5 times until I figured out what I had been doing wrong)
   - Once this part had completed, it rebooted the PCM and the error dissapeared

5. Test drive and enjoy!

Great post having done mine yesterday I now get what you are saying to some extent.  Can you look at the bold bits above and tell me know where u save and were you write please?

more info on some basic set up here and another persons experience on page 100

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't see anything about this so I'll share my story. While I was installing CC into my 1.8 TDCI Focus, I decided to send out my PCM file to a remapping place. They did an EGR delete using the software and brought up the power to around 148 BHP from the standard 115 BHP and I flashed their file to the PCM.

I track dayed the car the next weekend and it performed great. Lovely tuneup and the power increase is amazing. Anyone doing a PCM flash in the future may as well get it done too!

2 birds 1 stone :P

On ‎15‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 11:00 AM, Povo said:

I didn't see anything about this so I'll share my story. While I was installing CC into my 1.8 TDCI Focus, I decided to send out my PCM file to a remapping place. They did an EGR delete using the software and brought up the power to around 148 BHP from the standard 115 BHP and I flashed their file to the PCM.

I track dayed the car the next weekend and it performed great. Lovely tuneup and the power increase is amazing. Anyone doing a PCM flash in the future may as well get it done too!

2 birds 1 stone :P

I didn't see anywhere that explains the right process for flashing the engine map.  I get you probably do, do this when you write the CC file but I've not seen a clear how too.  Most on Russian site can't get them to run right or even start after this programming

Hello.

Little question on the white/brown cables from the GEM:

1.jpg

Is the CC keypad the only thing they are supposed to be connected to?

I'm asking because I want to put the CC buttons on the main console, below the AC unit, in front of the gear shift; so, instead of "stealing" current from the two wires, I was thinking to cut them about 15 cm away of the connector 103 and easily connect to my keypad with a couple of "faston", or how are they called.

conn.jpg

Hello.

Little question on the white/brown cables from the GEM:

1.jpg

Is the CC keypad the only thing they are supposed to be connected to?

I'm asking because I want to put the CC buttons on the main console, below the AC unit, in front of the gear shift; so, instead of "stealing" current from the two wires, I was thinking to cut them about 15 cm away of the connector 103 and easily connect to my keypad with a couple of "faston", or how are they called.

conn.jpg

You are correct. If you look at my build thread (Eve) you'll see that I cut in to the brown and white cables near to the GEM connector and spliced in a modified stereo remote control in order to get cruise control.

• Like 1

Thanks Dan,

I'll take a look at your thread for sure. [emoji106]

• Like 1

Thanks man! I did find it yesterday nonetheless. Power of the "search" function. [emoji12]

• Like 1

And finally...

I have it:

2b9f2972e40f13f8fa7af3029c4e7916.jpg

3184104b0c6e41f1ed66ed0000f703fd.jpg

20e687a59c3f87c44e4fd6f9371adcc4.jpg

(Damn Tapatalk. It works really bad with this forum)

• Like 1

On 8/16/2016 at 9:08 PM, Botus said:

I didn't see anywhere that explains the right process for flashing the engine map.  I get you probably do, do this when you write the CC file but I've not seen a clear how too.  Most on Russian site can't get them to run right or even start after this programming

The starting issues are related to some ECUs which lose the immobiliser settings after a reflash. This is easily solved if you have 2 key fobs and install Forscan, you can easily reprogram the keys and get the car to start again.

You can modify the engine map during the part where you flash the PCM. The PCM file which you read from the car contains all the fuel rail pressure, boost pressure and EGR valve maps so an experienced mapper can easily modify them.

• 1 month later...
On 22. 8. 2016 at 8:35 AM, Dan P said:

My build thread is quite long... so here's the specific post that I'm referring to.

Hi Dan,

Just to make sure (as I ordered the same modified radio stalk as you) it doesn't matter which wire goes to the white and which one to the brown wire?

Can I cut the white and brown wire under the steering wheel to attach the wires there?

Hi Dan,

Just to make sure (as I ordered the same modified radio stalk as you) it doesn't matter which wire goes to the white and which one to the brown wire?

Can I cut the white and brown wire under the steering wheel to attach the wires there?

Correct on both counts. It doesn't matter which way round the wires go. It also doesn't matter where you tap into the brown and white, under the steering wheel will do the job just as well. I found the GEM end more accessible so chose to do it there.

I have done alot of research on this and unfortunately I do not have the existing wiring in place to add it to my 2010 focus zetec :(

However i did stumble on the following website that abeit for a price, they can fit an after market kit that will work.

http://www.conrad-anderson.co.uk/products/view/cc172125105/wizard:cruise-control

£585 includes fitting and vat AND the steering wheel control.

If like me you do alot of motorway travelling it has been well worth the cost. 

Today I went to the Ford service after talking to them a few days ago. On the phone they told me that they already did CC activation on 2 Kugas and things worked fine. Today I arrived there and heard 30 min lesson in what all has to be done (although I already read everything on this post) and that they need at least 3 hours of time to do this IF it is even possible to do?????????!!!!!!:wallbash:

What a mor...!

hi what a great read this post has been. just fitted wheel to my 2010 focus zetec s tdci and the buttons respond in test and light on dash illuminates in test, is there anyone in west yorkshire can enable it for me? thanks

Which is the best post to describe the process of enabling the cc with the ELM327 and ELM config?

On 24. 9. 2016 at 8:01 PM, Dan P said:

Correct on both counts. It doesn't matter which way round the wires go. It also doesn't matter where you tap into the brown and white, under the steering wheel will do the job just as well. I found the GEM end more accessible so chose to do it there.

I installed the stalk last weekend and I'm waiting for the cable to arrive. Then i will follow the steps you wrote in your Eve posts and we will see. Those steps worked right?

I installed the stalk last weekend and I'm waiting for the cable to arrive. Then i will follow the steps you wrote in your Eve posts and we will see. Those steps worked right?

Yes it worked and it's still working!

OK! Today I tried the activation as per Dan P instructions and all went well until I get to the point where I want to write current PCM configuration to the car and it asks me this. Look at the picture! Any suggestions? I canceled the upload because I don't want to mess up!

Brez naslova.jpg

2 hours ago, Dan P said:

I don't recall having seen that message.

Maybe is this just the Elm config 2.17 thing?

4 hours ago, primzy said:

Maybe is this just the Elm config 2.17 thing?

I don't think so... I wouldn't proceed any further if I were you!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club