Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide Fitting Cruise Control Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 And Ford C-Max

Pidu

Hello, my name is Wolfgang. Living in South-Germany

I try to enable Cruise-Control. But it does not work.

I have searched in many german forums for a solution. It should work, but it does not.

Done: CC enabled in Module PCM with ELMConfig. In Module GEM and HEC it just was enabled

Checked: All CC-keys bring a sound with keydiagnostic started with rearwindowheater-switch. Therefor cables and connector seem to be ok

The CC-light in the Display is on in display-diagnosticmode. But not when switching on ignition when all other LEDs light up shortly. Many people said, that it should light a short moment. If not CC is not enabled. 

My GEM is a 4M5T 14A073 DE. Firmwareversion is GOOD7SCA

Since programming and resetting the PCM I have an error P1000,70. Caused by resetting because drivecycletest ist yet not ready. This error will disappear when the dricvecycle is ready. This info comes from an OBDII-Info page.

Has anyone a idea?

Please answer in simple school-english or german.

Hi Wolfgang.

Have you ticked the “integrated speed control” box on the PCM Configuration screen?

4 hours ago, Dan P said:

Hi Wolfgang.

Have you ticked the “integrated speed control” box on the PCM Configuration screen?

Hello Dan

yes. CC is enabled in GEM, PCM and HEC.

I think that all known conditions are ok. See my first post. But there must be something blocking. But what?

45 minutes ago, WoGe said:

Hello Dan

yes. CC is enabled in GEM, PCM and HEC.

I think that all known conditions are ok. See my first post. But there must be something blocking. But what?

Are you sure it isn't working?  The light only comes on when you have set the speed above 20mph (30kph), there is no light just from switching on the cruise control. 

12 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Are you sure it isn't working?  The light only comes on when you have set the speed above 20mph (30kph), there is no light just from switching on the cruise control. 

Hello,

I tried to activate with a speed of more than 40kmh. Nothing happens.

Some people say that the CC-LED in the instrument should light a short moment together with all other LEDs in the lamptestcycle when  turning ignition on and CC generally is enabled. Is it so?

Some people say that a PCM-DTC willl be generated if CC is enabled but CC-keys/cable are not connected to GEM.Is it so? I opend the connection - no affect - no error.

Some people say that there are 2 switches for brake-pedal. One for brake and one for CC. Some say it is only one because the signal of the pedal-switch (CAN-BUS) is for brake-light and for CC. The one only  brake-pedal-switch works. OBDII-Test shows it

I have another switch at the clutch-pedal. How can I test without using a Multimeter? OBDII-Diagnostic does not show any switching. Because this switch is NO (normal open) a selftest of the CC can not identify it until the clutchpedal is activated.

Is there any way to find out if CC is generally enabled?

Or to find out why it becomes not active?

Have a good night

Wolfgang

10 hours ago, WoGe said:

Hello,

I tried to activate with a speed of more than 40kmh. Nothing happens.

Some people say that the CC-LED in the instrument should light a short moment together with all other LEDs in the lamptestcycle when  turning ignition on and CC generally is enabled. Is it so?

Some people say that a PCM-DTC willl be generated if CC is enabled but CC-keys/cable are not connected to GEM.Is it so? I opend the connection - no affect - no error.

Some people say that there are 2 switches for brake-pedal. One for brake and one for CC. Some say it is only one because the signal of the pedal-switch (CAN-BUS) is for brake-light and for CC. The one only  brake-pedal-switch works. OBDII-Test shows it

I have another switch at the clutch-pedal. How can I test without using a Multimeter? OBDII-Diagnostic does not show any switching. Because this switch is NO (normal open) a selftest of the CC can not identify it until the clutchpedal is activated.

Is there any way to find out if CC is generally enabled?

Or to find out why it becomes not active?

Have a good night

Wolfgang

I no longer have a Mk2 and can't remember whether the CC-LED comes on with ignition or not.

You can check the clutch switch on FORScan.  It is free software that works with the same cable as ELMConfig.  There are 2 brake switches on the Focus, if you only have 1 that's the problem.

On 6/7/2018 at 9:56 AM, TomsFocus said:

Hello,

it works now without doing anything. On the same way I did in the last days. I tried today on the way to city.:-)

The LED really does not burn when CC is switched on. In burns only while CC is regulating.  If CC ist stopped by brake or clutch the LED goes off.

Thanks to all.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, WoGe said:

Hello,

it works now without doing anything. On the same way I did in the last days. I tried today on the way to city.:-)

The LED really does not burn when CC is switched on. In burns only while CC is regulating.  If CC ist stopped by brake or clutch the LED goes off.

Thanks to all.

That's weird!  I retrofitted cruise control to an Audi A3 last week and had exactly the same thing, it just wouldn't work after doing everything right.  Then half an hour into a drive it started working!

8 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

You can check the clutch switch on FORScan.  It is free software that works with the same cable as ELMConfig.  There are 2 brake switches on the Focus, if you only have 1 that's the problem.

Hello,

can you please tell me how to test with forscan? I have the latest version and find no way to test it.

2 hours ago, WoGe said:

Hello,

can you please tell me how to test with forscan? I have the latest version and find no way to test it.

Go to oscilloscope (not sure if that translates to German!) 3 down on the left I think.  Then look for brake or clutch switches and add them to the graph screen.  Then press start and obviously press and release the pedal to test.

On 6/8/2018 at 8:57 PM, TomsFocus said:

Go to oscilloscope (not sure if that translates to German!) 3 down on the left I think.  Then look for brake or clutch switches and add them to the graph screen.  Then press start and obviously press and release the pedal to test.

Thank you very much - it works

I have a problem with email-notification. "Notify me of replies" is activated. But I never get a message when a new reply is added.

My Emailadress works and i got the change-notification after changing the adress last week. I changed it to another domain and server becaue I know that some forum-software does not correct work with greylisiting at receiverside. But the mailprogramm of this forum does not send a mail to notify me. Only on registration or changing emailadress. I.e. my adress works for the forum. But not for reply. There must be a bug!

44 minutes ago, WoGe said:

Thank you very much - it works

I have a problem with email-notification. "Notify me of replies" is activated. But I never get a message when a new reply is added.

My Emailadress works and i got the change-notification after changing the adress last week. I changed it to another domain and server becaue I know that some forum-software does not correct work with greylisiting at receiverside. But the mailprogramm of this forum does not send a mail to notify me. Only on registration or changing emailadress. I.e. my adress works for the forum. But not for reply. There must be a bug!

Have you got it setup to send you an email for each reply?  If you click your name at the top right of the forum screen.  Then 'Account Settings'.  Then 'Notification Settings' on the right.  You get a choice of getting one email for each reply, or one per day for all replies, or one per week for all replies.  I have mine turned off as I'm on here so often anyway haha! :laugh: 

On 6/12/2018 at 10:07 AM, TomsFocus said:

Have you got it setup to send you an email for each reply?  If you click your name at the top right of the forum screen.  Then 'Account Settings'.  Then 'Notification Settings' on the right.  You get a choice of getting one email for each reply, or one per day for all replies, or one per week for all replies.  I have mine turned off as I'm on here so often anyway haha! :laugh: 

Hi,

I have activated "x  A notification when new content is posted "

and the switch below the thread  "Notify me of replies" 

Therefore I should always get a mail. Like in many other forums. But this works not in this forum. I never get a mail! :-(

Hello to Forum. Im sending from greece and im looking to add to my Ford focus Mik2 2007 producted. cruise control.I read all of stuff but i stil dosen't understad some thing.I found  This on ebay. what the next step?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

I know this is a focus subforum, but I want to activate cruise control also on my Kuga. (2011, 2.0TDCI 140PS).

I activated it succesfully through GEM and HEC module, but with PCM I am having problems.

And the problem is obviously that my Kuga is 140 PS, and elmconfig supports only Kuga with 136 PS:

image.png.c090b99b5e87f0610983135c4cc4ebb4.png

Is this the end of road for me?

Does anybody have any other ideas? Maybe through forscan or some other software?

• 4 months later...

Hi guys, new to the forum.

I have recently had C/C fitted on my '06 Focus. It all worked fine, except the light does not illuminate. It illuminates in the bulb test. I've bought the ELM cable, do I need to do the full run through of the reprogramming or do I just need to do the HEC settings?

• 1 month later...

Hello guys, new here, I'm just wondering how I can put my car into GEM input test, mines a 2007 S-Max, I have just put new steering wheel on with cruise control buttons (4 spoke), also is there anyone around the Swindon area that could possibly try to activate CC with bricking the car?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, I have a problem , my car is manual transmission , Focus , five door , 2005 year , fuel .

I have installed the switch , and used computer to open any switch about cruise control.

But just only three gear position can use , four and five gear position can`t use.

three gear position is very normally , the four gear position sometime light up then light off  still not set on ciuise control.

I found a lot of Car mechanic , they always said they can`t fix . Please help me ... how to find the problem and fix that .

• 1 month later...

I have messed up and my car battery died while writing the firmware back to the PCM (the guide suggested writing back would take 1 to 10 mins, but I guess I went wrong somewhere and it was uploading the whole thing back).

Will I be able to recover once I have a fully charged battery in, or I have I made an expensive error. If I have binned it what are my options on getting it fixed?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Good night people .
I'm from Brazil
Read the forum almost all.
And I didn't find a solution to my problem
When I read the PCM module I get a warning that I need a speed of over 500,000 and that my device has only 115200.

the original message and
* To perform this operation connection speed at least 115200 bps is required. 500000 bps and higher is recommended

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I’m wondering if someone can give me a hand, I’m wanting to install cruse Control but reading this post I’m unsure if I can, can someone please shed some light and tell me I can haha and tell me if I have to follow the same procedure.

Many Thanks

Jamie Wright

7D2D544F-A4C1-482C-B063-F04E68C2F84A.jpeg

62E22694-0F23-485A-A3C3-CB92F39B3FE3.jpeg

• 1 month later...
On 4/15/2016 at 9:13 PM, TitaniumPenguin said:

Hi All,

After joining the forum a little less than two weeks ago and reading through a lot of your posts, I am glad to say I am really happy I joined you all!
The cruise control was my first real mod to my MK2 Focus and after trial and error I have finally got it working tonight! So, on that note I thank you all as you've all helped in one way or another...

Enabling the CC in the HEC and the GEM was the easy bit, ordered a modified lead of eBay and happy days...
Turned out the lead wasn't suitable for the job of programming the PCM as it wasn't rated to the 500k that it was described as (being returned tomorrow for a refund)
I then bought one from http://www.jamessimpson.co.uk/ Yeah, it was about twice the price but I was assured by him it would work, low and behold, it did, so if you're worried about getting a dodgy one, give this guy a shout and order it from his store.

I don't know how some of you guys managed to do the procedure so quickly because mine took around 45 mins to read from the PCM and about 35 mins to write to it, each time!

If some of you guys are struggling this may help it may not, this is how I did mine;

1. make sure you have a decent modified ELM327 cable

2. Download the latest ELMConfig from (at the time of writing this, the latest was 2.17) http://civil.iffc.ru/elmconfig/

3. Enable in the GEM and HEC module (Self explanitory)

4. Now, this may not be the way some of you guys did this part for the PCM, but it's how I did mine;

- Open up the PCM page
   - Read the VIN Number
   - Open the information tab and click "Read"
   - Go to the configuration tab and click "Read from PCM"
   - Follow the instructions
   - Ensure that the PCM type in the top drop down box matches yours
   - Click on the Procedures tab and select page 2
   - Click Read firmware from PCM to BIN-file (This took around 50 mins IIRC)
   - Next click Load Firmware from PHF/HEX/BIN-file
   - I had a dialog box pop up here and ask me if I wanted to load this VID block, I selected "NO"
   - Return to the configuration tab, select Integrated Speed Control
   - Return to Procedures Page 2
   - Click Write current firmware to PCM
   - I then had a dialog box pop up and ask me if I wanted to use the current VID block, I selected "Yes"
   - Once this procedure started, I had a warning message on my dash clocks saying "Engine Systems Fault"
   - This procedure took about 35 mins to complete (I had to do this part about 5 times until I figured out what I had been doing wrong)
   - Once this part had completed, it rebooted the PCM and the error dissapeared

5. Test drive and enjoy!

-- Please note, I would highly recommend you save and save again throughout this as you don't want to lose you PCM configurations - I won't be held responsible for any damage or problems caused to your vehicle from following the method I used --

-- This is how I did it with my car - MK2 Focus 2.0 TDCI 136 Titanium - It may not work for yours but it may help someone in a sticky situation --

Best of luck and thank you to everyone posting their little bit of info, all helps someone like me! I hope I can help some of you 🙂

I realise this is quite an old thread now, not too sure if its still active but for any others attempting this Iv'e been successful, and thought i would share some info.

I have a version C GEM, OP suggested they may work but can't confirm. Mine did, don't want to suggest that means it works for all though...
I also had the issue with updating the config for the PCM, Empty VID block related error from what i remember.

Following above by @TitaniumPenguin worked perfectly so thanks for sharing! I did it with V2.17 of ELMConfig end to end. Read elsewhere that 2.10 was needed for the upload section, no need for 2.10 on my machine however.

I had a fun issue where if i selected 500k speed manually it wouldn't connect. However if i let ELMConfig auto select it chose 500k speed and everything was happy.

Took me 17 min to dump the PCM firmware and just shy of 10 to upload.

My cable came pre-modified but Win10 wouldn't auto install drivers, so wouldn't appear on a COM port for ELMConfig. Don't know if that means its not geniune but installing drivers from here sorted that issue.

http://www.totalcardiagnostics.com/support/Knowledgebase/Article/View/1/0/how-to-install-elm327-usb-cable-on-windows-and-obd2-software

I don't believe sharing that link is an issue, but a quick Google search would find it again, only followed step 1 to install the drivers however.

Hopefully that will help others still trying to do this 7 years on from the original post!

EDIT: Oh and just buy a four spoke wheel, its a hell of a lot easier than retrofitting buttons to a three spoke. It can look quite neat if you fabricate a cover plate for each side but a ridiculous PITA.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I have 2x Focus' -

A mk2.5 2010 1.6 TDCi Zetec-S that has been written off due to very minor body damage (easily fixable) 
A mk2.5 2009 1.8 TDCI Titanium that the timing belt has snapped (and is not worth repairing due to high mileage and i wouldnt recover my costs if the engine is wrecked)

The 2009 Titanium focus is a donor car supplying parts to fix the Zetec-S (the Titanium bodywork is immaculate). Eventually it will be broken for spares i think. It does have cruise control with a 4 spoke wheel, The Zetec-S has a 3 spoke wheel. 

I have studied the first post and (without looking at every single one of the 35 pages in this thread) think ill make the effort to swap the wheel.

Is it right that im going to have to buy a new airbag cover or has another way been found? Can the entire wheel & airbag be swapped together perhaps? Obviously i have 2 complete cars so id rather swap parts than buy parts. If i have to buy a new cover, how much are they? I cant seem to find any on eBay.

EDIT: Answered my own question, this youtube video shows it all:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAYAkjnJX4M
So looks like i wont have to buy any parts 😃

Also, the original images are no longer showing since the thread was created in 2012, can anybody supply the images i need? Or if there is a youtube video?

BTW I have both Ford IDS and ELMConfig 🙂

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club