Pidu

Guide Fitting Cruise Control Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 And Ford C-Max

Hi everyone, I'm currently selling a 4 spoke steering wheel and air bag if anyone needs one? I'm looking for £60 + postage.

Let me know if interested.

Thanks for your time

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Well people ,love the info here.

Ordered the modified elm327 the other day from amazon and should arrive soon.

Only went to check the connections today and see that I'm missing the brown and white cables that go to pin 10 and 18. Typical!!!

From what I can see my module is BF so should be able to activate.

Checked under the pedals and there's switches but unsure if there correct . I've added pics of them can someone confirm there correct?

My plan was to run to cables from pin 10 and 18 and wire a cc switch myself and add it to the radio stalk meself.

And then activate it through elm config.

IMG_20180215_113134.jpg

IMG_20180215_113236.jpg

Let me know if the images are to crap.lol

Hello, my name is Wolfgang. Living in South-Germany

I try to enable Cruise-Control. But it does not work.

I have searched in many german forums for a solution. It should work, but it does not.

Done: CC enabled in Module PCM with ELMConfig. In Module GEM and HEC it just was enabled

Checked: All CC-keys bring a sound with keydiagnostic started with rearwindowheater-switch. Therefor cables and connector seem to be ok

The CC-light in the Display is on in display-diagnosticmode. But not when switching on ignition when all other LEDs light up shortly. Many people said, that it should light a short moment. If not CC is not enabled. 

My GEM is a 4M5T 14A073 DE. Firmwareversion is GOOD7SCA

Since programming and resetting the PCM I have an error P1000,70. Caused by resetting because drivecycletest ist yet not ready. This error will disappear when the dricvecycle is ready. This info comes from an OBDII-Info page.

Has anyone a idea?

Please answer in simple school-english or german.

Hi Wolfgang.

Have you ticked the “integrated speed control” box on the PCM Configuration screen?

4 hours ago, Dan P said:

Hi Wolfgang.

Have you ticked the “integrated speed control” box on the PCM Configuration screen?

Hello Dan

yes. CC is enabled in GEM, PCM and HEC.

I think that all known conditions are ok. See my first post. But there must be something blocking. But what?

45 minutes ago, WoGe said:

Hello Dan

yes. CC is enabled in GEM, PCM and HEC.

I think that all known conditions are ok. See my first post. But there must be something blocking. But what?

Are you sure it isn't working?  The light only comes on when you have set the speed above 20mph (30kph), there is no light just from switching on the cruise control. 

12 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Are you sure it isn't working?  The light only comes on when you have set the speed above 20mph (30kph), there is no light just from switching on the cruise control. 

Hello,

I tried to activate with a speed of more than 40kmh. Nothing happens.

Some people say that the CC-LED in the instrument should light a short moment together with all other LEDs in the lamptestcycle when  turning ignition on and CC generally is enabled. Is it so?

Some people say that a PCM-DTC willl be generated if CC is enabled but CC-keys/cable are not connected to GEM.Is it so? I opend the connection - no affect - no error.

Some people say that there are 2 switches for brake-pedal. One for brake and one for CC. Some say it is only one because the signal of the pedal-switch (CAN-BUS) is for brake-light and for CC. The one only  brake-pedal-switch works. OBDII-Test shows it

I have another switch at the clutch-pedal. How can I test without using a Multimeter? OBDII-Diagnostic does not show any switching. Because this switch is NO (normal open) a selftest of the CC can not identify it until the clutchpedal is activated.

Is there any way to find out if CC is generally enabled?

Or to find out why it becomes not active?

Have a good night

Wolfgang

10 hours ago, WoGe said:

Hello,

I tried to activate with a speed of more than 40kmh. Nothing happens.

Some people say that the CC-LED in the instrument should light a short moment together with all other LEDs in the lamptestcycle when  turning ignition on and CC generally is enabled. Is it so?

Some people say that a PCM-DTC willl be generated if CC is enabled but CC-keys/cable are not connected to GEM.Is it so? I opend the connection - no affect - no error.

Some people say that there are 2 switches for brake-pedal. One for brake and one for CC. Some say it is only one because the signal of the pedal-switch (CAN-BUS) is for brake-light and for CC. The one only  brake-pedal-switch works. OBDII-Test shows it

I have another switch at the clutch-pedal. How can I test without using a Multimeter? OBDII-Diagnostic does not show any switching. Because this switch is NO (normal open) a selftest of the CC can not identify it until the clutchpedal is activated.

Is there any way to find out if CC is generally enabled?

Or to find out why it becomes not active?

Have a good night

Wolfgang

I no longer have a Mk2 and can't remember whether the CC-LED comes on with ignition or not.

You can check the clutch switch on FORScan.  It is free software that works with the same cable as ELMConfig.  There are 2 brake switches on the Focus, if you only have 1 that's the problem.

On 6/7/2018 at 9:56 AM, TomsFocus said:

Hello,

it works now without doing anything. On the same way I did in the last days. I tried today on the way to city.:-)

The LED really does not burn when CC is switched on. In burns only while CC is regulating.  If CC ist stopped by brake or clutch the LED goes off.

Thanks to all.

32 minutes ago, WoGe said:

Hello,

it works now without doing anything. On the same way I did in the last days. I tried today on the way to city.:-)

The LED really does not burn when CC is switched on. In burns only while CC is regulating.  If CC ist stopped by brake or clutch the LED goes off.

Thanks to all.

That's weird!  I retrofitted cruise control to an Audi A3 last week and had exactly the same thing, it just wouldn't work after doing everything right.  Then half an hour into a drive it started working!

8 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

You can check the clutch switch on FORScan.  It is free software that works with the same cable as ELMConfig.  There are 2 brake switches on the Focus, if you only have 1 that's the problem.

Hello,

can you please tell me how to test with forscan? I have the latest version and find no way to test it.

2 hours ago, WoGe said:

Hello,

can you please tell me how to test with forscan? I have the latest version and find no way to test it.

Go to oscilloscope (not sure if that translates to German!) 3 down on the left I think.  Then look for brake or clutch switches and add them to the graph screen.  Then press start and obviously press and release the pedal to test.

On 6/8/2018 at 8:57 PM, TomsFocus said:

Go to oscilloscope (not sure if that translates to German!) 3 down on the left I think.  Then look for brake or clutch switches and add them to the graph screen.  Then press start and obviously press and release the pedal to test.

Thank you very much - it works

I have a problem with email-notification. "Notify me of replies" is activated. But I never get a message when a new reply is added.

My Emailadress works and i got the change-notification after changing the adress last week. I changed it to another domain and server becaue I know that some forum-software does not correct work with greylisiting at receiverside. But the mailprogramm of this forum does not send a mail to notify me. Only on registration or changing emailadress. I.e. my adress works for the forum. But not for reply. There must be a bug!

44 minutes ago, WoGe said:

Thank you very much - it works

I have a problem with email-notification. "Notify me of replies" is activated. But I never get a message when a new reply is added.

My Emailadress works and i got the change-notification after changing the adress last week. I changed it to another domain and server becaue I know that some forum-software does not correct work with greylisiting at receiverside. But the mailprogramm of this forum does not send a mail to notify me. Only on registration or changing emailadress. I.e. my adress works for the forum. But not for reply. There must be a bug!

Have you got it setup to send you an email for each reply?  If you click your name at the top right of the forum screen.  Then 'Account Settings'.  Then 'Notification Settings' on the right.  You get a choice of getting one email for each reply, or one per day for all replies, or one per week for all replies.  I have mine turned off as I'm on here so often anyway haha! :laugh: 

On 6/12/2018 at 10:07 AM, TomsFocus said:

Have you got it setup to send you an email for each reply?  If you click your name at the top right of the forum screen.  Then 'Account Settings'.  Then 'Notification Settings' on the right.  You get a choice of getting one email for each reply, or one per day for all replies, or one per week for all replies.  I have mine turned off as I'm on here so often anyway haha! :laugh: 

Hi,

I have activated "x  A notification when new content is posted "

and the switch below the thread  "Notify me of replies" 

Therefore I should always get a mail. Like in many other forums. But this works not in this forum. I never get a mail! :-(

Hello to Forum. Im sending from greece and im looking to add to my Ford focus Mik2 2007 producted. cruise control.I read all of stuff but i stil dosen't understad some thing.I found  This on ebay. what the next step?

Hello all,

I know this is a focus subforum, but I want to activate cruise control also on my Kuga. (2011, 2.0TDCI 140PS).

I activated it succesfully through GEM and HEC module, but with PCM I am having problems.

And the problem is obviously that my Kuga is 140 PS, and elmconfig supports only Kuga with 136 PS:

image.png.c090b99b5e87f0610983135c4cc4ebb4.png

Is this the end of road for me?

Does anybody have any other ideas? Maybe through forscan or some other software?