Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Every Morning I Lose 20-25 Miles

ScottMG

Is this normal? Or should I take my car to a doctor?

It sometimes goes up but most of the time way down. Thanks in advance.

Scott

More details needed, eg if it's your trip computer yes it's a major problem. If it's your miles remaining it's nothing to worry about, they're never that accurate. (Apologies if I missed something, viewing this on my phone)

As iNath has said, the miles remaining on the trip computer can fluctuate. Plus it is worked out every few miles and is constantly being updated. It is only an estimate and it is not unusual to see it go up and down.

Well it's the digital clock that says 330 miles (remaining) for example I had 309 last night, this morning when I got in the car I had 272!

So nothing to worry about by the sounds of things?

Does it go up again shortly after? My average mpg always drops a bit just after starting as the cold engine with things like the heated screens coming on themself in this weather use a fair bit of fuel without you moving anywhere. This in turn will drop the miles remaining, but it should go up again after you set off.

Does it go up again shortly after? My average mpg always drops a bit just after starting as the cold engine with things like the heated screens coming on themself in this weather use a fair bit of fuel without you moving anywhere. This in turn will drop the miles remaining, but it should go up again after you set off.

what he said, my mpg is 10% down doing short journeys in the cold winter days compared to long trips in the summer

Its never that accurate cause when i fill up my Zetec S it used to show 300+ miles but because I dont drive like a granny it normally shows about 250 miles, if you go on the motorway though you see the miles start to count upwards

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club