Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting Leather Interior To Mondeo Mk3

s.jsutton

HI all.

I have a MK3 Mondeo 2002 tdci 130 Zetec S.

I would like to fit a leather interior but before I go blowing loads of my hard earned on the seats, does anyone know if the wiring lume will already have the connections required for heated seat's etc?

I am looking at either full leather from a ghia x model, or half leather from a st model.

The standard seat has an electric connection for forward / backward movement, with the switch mounted on the seat.

So basically is the wiring already there behind the dash and I just have to fish around and find it, and buy a switch to go in the dash, and is the plug under the seat universal to all types of seat, or do I need to get some wiring done?

Any help / advice greatly appreciated.

Regards

S.JSutton

post-29716-0-04184600-1327664181_thumb.j

Some cars have the wiring allready fitted but most dont, often you will find the switches for heated seats but no wiring or relays, the only way to tell is to get a wiring diagram and look.

Sorry if thats not very helpful

Thanks for the reply Pete, I seem to have picked a lame subject going on the lack of replies.

Maybe I'll try speaking to Ford direct, perhaps they will be able to tell me.

Thanks a lot.

Regards

Simon

• 1 year later...

The pre- facelift and facelift seats/ connectors and heater switches are different, best to go like-for-like if you want it all to work properly (pre-facelift seats on a pre-facelift car, etc)

Facelift models are a bit hit and miss when it comes to wiring looms, as ford went on they started removing unused looms from the car, eg; they is more chance of 04 models having them than 56's.

One idea would be to look under the seats and see what connections have wires going to them, if the heat seat wiring is there than theres a good chance the rest of the wiring behind the dash will be in.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club