Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windows Frozen Inside..

Jack7

Alright guys, so after my work tonight was scraping mu car (was -3 outside) & the inside of my windows were frozen too? Is this normal on the mk7? My mk6 never did this :/

Cheers!

Yes, mines have frozen shut too around the -1 mark.

Takes a little while for them too thaw out! :angry:

EDIT - I thought you meant frozen shut/wont go down not ice on the inside mate sorry...

Edited by ONETrueSaturday

Frozen inside just means you have/had some damp or condensation in the car when the temp dropped.

In itself not normally anything to worry about but double check for leaks/damp spots.

Drive with the air con on for a couple of days to help clear any residual condensation too.

When you next get a chance run the air con on full blast (if you have it), this will help to remove moisture from the car and reduce interbal window ice.

Unfortunately because of the time of year you can't avoid getting water in the car - wet clothes/shoes etc..

I also had this problem earlier this Winter, strangely though didn't get this during the last 2 Winters when it was much colder.

Obviously air con & a heated windscreen helps to clear it. It must be something to do with more moisture in the atmosphere due to the relatively mild Winter we are having.

I have put a couple of little bags of Silica Gel in my car to absorb any moisture, like the ones you get packed with electrical equipment. Not had the same problem since.

Thanks for the help guys, yeah ive got air con ill keep it running the next few days :)

I also had this problem earlier this Winter, strangely though didn't get this during the last 2 Winters when it was much colder.

Obviously air con & a heated windscreen helps to clear it. It must be something to do with more moisture in the atmosphere due to the relatively mild Winter we are having.

I have put a couple of little bags of Silica Gel in my car to absorb any moisture, like the ones you get packed with electrical equipment. Not had the same problem since.

!Removed! good idea

Beat me to it with the silica gel idea, what I was going to suggest is leaving a cup full of salt somewhere inside, my grandparents have a caravan and the locked it up with a cover etc for winter. They checked it frequently every few weeks and on one weekend took the cover off went inside to check and it was full of damp. So they used the salt idea and it seemed to work perfectly.

But on second thoughts it probably wouldn't work that well as you'd have to leave it in there overnight and take it out during the day otherwise it would leave too much of a mess if it got knocked over lol.

Previous car was a Seat Leon FR with serious problems with interior damp and freezing windows. So Brought one of these. Didnt cure the problem 100% but was a big help.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/INTERIOR-DEHUMIDIFIER-MOISTURE-DAMP-MOULD-MILDEW-/150481118114?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Hearing_Cooling_Air&hash=item23095fa3a2

ive been using these dehumidifiers and their great, they are rechargable and the cristals are blue when empty and pink when full, they release the moisture when pluged in to the mains power, worth every penny

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item519670dc71

don't forget that the use of heated screens also creates moisture in the air as the water vapourises

Thanks guys, was worried there was something wrong with my car :P

Previous car was a Seat Leon FR with serious problems with interior damp and freezing windows. So Brought one of these. Didnt cure the problem 100% but was a big help.

There's a design fault with Leons so they leak through the front doors. Water runs down behind sill trim and collects under the carpet. There is a fix but most Leons have not had the fix done.

Ha Ha , Not my problem anymore. Thats not the only design fault.!!!

Do miss the power though.

• 11 months later...

Guys my style doesn't have air con but through this cold weather my windscreen is always damp inside. So frustrated any ideas??

Seals? Can I get aftermarket air on?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club