Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide To Fitting Rear Parking Sensors Focus Mk2.5

Preee

Haha, its hard to tell currently as the car is dirty but they look a pretty good match. after footy tomorrow i really need to give it a bit of a wash and i'll be able to tell better then.

Ok, here we go with the pics at last.

20120219_153031.jpg

20120219_153023.jpg

20120219_152934.jpg

20120219_153341.jpg

20120219_153226.jpg

I also put a 3 way 12v socket adapter in the dash to tidy the aux cable and 2 charging cables. these were routed up through the storage box on top of the dash. The 3 way was routed by tapping in to the 12v near gearstick and wire hidden into dash. much neater imo than cables everywhere. I now use an old android phone with memory card for music along with connecting to my current phones wifi hotspot to allow streaming currently from TuneIn radio app.

20120219_153417.jpg

20120219_153358.jpg

• 1 month later...

Nice pics Paul looks great and colour match is good too:)

I've just bought the cisbo kit with the buzzer. What is best to use instead of scotchlocks?

You could solder and shrink wrap the joints if you don't like scotchlocks

Just fitted these in about an hour. Great guide preee. Thanks.

Glad to be of service loadsabeer :)

• 1 month later...

Ive fitted these too, many thanks for a great guide.

The only problem i seem to be having is every 5 mins or so the lcd screen beeps for no reason at all.

Has anybody had same thing happen to them ??

Regards

Paul

• 1 month later...

Another awesome guide Preee!

Im seriously considering doing this (not that i cant park.. :huh: )

With the one's you've shown, do you know where you'd mount the buzzer?

does anyone know if its mounted in the boot, and is loud enough to be heard in the front, say over a little music?

Thanks awesome awe-inspiring people.

gc

They usually mount in the boot unless like me you carry dogs then they tend to mount it in the A or B pillar.

They are pretty loud and I had to mute mine down a bit.

The ford Default buzzer is mounted O/S rear behind the panel , thats as good a place as any it will echo in there unless you have a sub banging away :)

The ford Default buzzer is mounted O/S rear behind the panel , thats as good a place as any it will echo in there unless you have a sub banging away :)

They usually mount in the boot unless like me you carry dogs then they tend to mount it in the A or B pillar.

They are pretty loud and I had to mute mine down a bit.

You two are both legends.

I will pop outside check i have the markers in the rear bumper, then order away!

I say i will pop outside..i mean after the footballs finished! :wub:

You two are both legends.

I will pop outside check i have the markers in the rear bumper, then order away!

I say i will pop outside..i mean after the footballs finished! :wub:

icon_razz.gifIf you were a true ford enthusiast you wouldnt care about the football, badgoalie.giftoot.gif

ive gone out to the car with no shoes on just my socks with an inch of snow on the ground to get on my knees and check for footwell light sockets. phew.gif

good guide preee, a bit of advice needed.I was looking at reverse sensors,with buzzer only and have moondust silver,ive looked at the links and they come in standard silver for buzzer only.im trying to find a good colour match,any help would be appreciated.

This will be just what you're looking for then-

Look at this on eBay:

REVERSING PARKING SENSORS, IN FORD COLOUR MOONDUST SILVER

http://bit.ly/NbGNoW

thanks stoney

I aims to please :D

i like the look of the 18mm sensors,should fit ok with no angle adjustment on them,18mm or 22mm?

TBH you're probably better off getting ones with a bit of adjustment so you can tune out kerbs and towbars etc.

Just ordered myself a set (buzzer only) off eBay.

I'm fitting them to a mk2 though and I've just checked the bumper - no guide holes marked out!

Anybody have any suggestions for how to measure it out?

On a Mk2 the black trim at the top of the bumper has markings on the inside however I was advised by the place that fitted my sensors to have them lower as aftermarket ones scan at a flatter zone than Ford ones.

Photos to follow.....

On a Mk2 the black trim at the top of the bumper has markings on the inside however I was advised by the place that fitted my sensors to have them lower as aftermarket ones scan at a flatter zone than Ford ones.

Photos to follow.....

I did see those (I think), but from what I seen there were only 3? One bang in the middle and two at either side.

I might just be foaming though, I'll double check that too.

Pics would be a lovely treat, Clive :D.

Right, had a quick recce of the car, Sensors are exactly 3cm from below the bottom edge of the black trim to the centre of the sensor face and dead in line with the Ford sensor position.

If you take off the black trim and look at the back the sensor positions will be obvious.

Measure up and calculate the positions for the holes from centre point of the trim and then transfer the measurements to the bumper.

DSC_0096-1.jpg

Right, had a quick recce of the car, Sensors are exactly 3cm from below the bottom edge of the black trim to the centre of the sensor face and dead in line with the Ford sensor position.

If you take off the black trim and look at the back the sensor positions will be obvious.

Measure up and calculate the positions for the holes from centre point of the trim and then transfer the measurements to the bumper.

Excellent! You're a life saver... thanks for the effort.

EDIT: nm stupid question - was answered in post already.

Excellent! You're a life saver... thanks for the effort.

Welcome mate, just to add that when you remove the black trim thare are also corresponding holes on the bumper behind where the rear of the sensors would sit with a OEM Ford install.

This may help you get the spacing between the sensors more accurate.

$(KGrHqJ,!lIE6GBY93y!BOoUB!JZiw~~60_12.JPG

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club