Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Transmission/engine Systems Fault Warning

AJ7788

Hi all,

I own a Ford Fiesta Zetec-S TDCi (56 plate). I was just on my way out and a few miles from home I lost power and the transmission/Engine systems fault warning light came on and started flashing along with a message "ENGINE SYSTEM FAULT" and Please check owners handbook.

Anyone got any ideas of how major this could be? My dad has got the connection stuff to check for errors which we will do this evening, but just wondering if anyone else has had the same?

Thanks!

Not had anyengine faults on mine (touching wood vigourously) but if you have any error codes then post them here and i'll decode them for you.

Thank you. Couldn't get any codes from it at all, tried 2 different bits of software so off to the dealers this morning. Will let you know what they say it is.

The dealers can't help me until Friday. Hoping there is someone in my area (ME8 Rainham, Kent) with the correct diagnostics equipment?

AJ, who did you go to? I used to take my Focus to Dagenham Motors - Pier Road, they were fairly good at squeezing me in? other than that, there is dagenham road in Strood heading towards the M2 / Leisure land where Cineworld is.

I take mine to SMC in Sittingbourne - the Gravesend one is terrible. One of my friends managed to get a snapon diag machine and there was a list as long as my arm, cleared the errors and the only one that came back was glow plugs. However seals on 3 of the injectors needs to be replaced - one if very unhealthy so will get this fixed first (along with the glow plugs, although that wont cause limp mode).

you would be surprised what can cause limp home mode to be honest. as you say, replacing the glow plugs will probably help, the injector seals will benefit as well, but I would say if you get lost for idea's, try Dagenham Motors, Pier Road, Gillingham...

works blocked the image so I might need to look at this when I get home, or some point over the weekend...

• 7 years later...

Hi im getting transmissin/engine system fault message on dash, sometimes car goes into limp mode but not every time,when i switch engine off it goes but comes back on randomly, any ideas what this could b i got a fiesta st150.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club