Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What is it?

Luke123

Hi

Ive just registered so.... :huh:

I own a mk4 fiesta, its on an S plate, 1300 engine. I think its the zetec S enigine, Sounds like a sewing machine tbh lol

I was driving home and the car seamt a bit stiff and didnt seem to be as poweerful as normal so i checked the oil levels and topped up. :unsure:

I was then sat on my drive with the car ticking over and the car seamt to get quiter as tho it was dying and then stutttered a few times. :unsure:

I turned the car off and the back on about 4 or 5 times and the same kept happening!

As i walked off a noticed water on the floor behind the exhaust!

Could it be the head gasket or a valve problem??

Can anyone tell me what they may think the cause of the problem may be please. :(

To see if its the head gasket what u need to do is take the cover off that is over where to add oil, Its connected on my mk3 to the air filter, anyway when removed inside there should be like a foam or that sitting around the top, thats one way to see if the head gasket is leaking water.

To see if its the head gasket what u need to do is take the cover off that is over where to add oil, Its connected on my mk3 to the air filter, anyway when removed inside there should be like a foam or that sitting around the top, thats one way to see if the head gasket is leaking water.

Hi

Ive had the bonnet up while the engines running and theres no steam or anything and theres no water around the top of the head where it would be if the seal was bust. the engine sounds normal aswell, no loud noise different to normal etc

The water from the exhaust has bits of black in it, almost like soot.

~Thanks

The 'water' might be unburnt petrol. It possibly could be running too rich.Have the car checked out with some diognostic equipment to see if the engine is running/set up properly.If you have a local mobile engine tuner in your area.Give them a ring and see how much it will be for them to plug into your car.I know of one in my area (my dad, family business) that charges £45 an hour to check the car over and set it up properly so expect to pay near that.

a bit of water from the exhaust is normal thats why exhausts rust from the inside out

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club