Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Laguna Alloys Fitment Query Advice Wanted

salsheikh

Guys, need some advice, I have been offered a good deal on some Renault Laguna alloys in 19" form. I checked the compatability charts and have found they too are 5x108, ET 35 and centre bore of 60.0

The Focus is 5x108, ET 52.5 and centre bore of 63.3.

I take it i can get spigot rings to sort out the difference of the centre bore and spacers regarding the ET issue. is this correct?

anything else i need to take into account? the 19's will fit wont they?

The centre bore (from what you say) for a Ford is larger than a Renault so the wheels will need the bore enlarging rather than reducing as per spigot rings.

If they are aftermarket rims then they mave have spigots fitted for the Renault which you may be able to remove. If they are Renault OEM then you would have to go to a machine shop for some old fashioned engineering.

aftermarket wheels so am hoping i dont have any issues there, otherwise hubcentric spacers will have to be purchased with longer bolts. the spacers themselves are approx £70 for 4. do i need any special nuts/bolts (which one?) for the alloys?

Spacers will not help in this case. They are used to decrease ET value, not increase.

Spacers will not help in this case. They are used to decrease ET value, not increase.

i thought hubcentric spacers would help in this matter as the 'lip' is on the outerside of the spacer is for the new wheels and the spacers inner 'lip' sits on the original bore?

you said the center bore for the alloys you want to get are 60.0 and you old wheels have a ceter bore of 63.3.

so a 60 hole will not squeeze over 63.3.... make sense

unless you wrote them down the wrong way???

i thought hubcentric spacers would help in this matter as the 'lip' is on the outerside of the spacer is for the new wheels and the spacers inner 'lip' sits on the original bore?

This could work, but..... The question is - will be final ET suitable for your car? Won't the wheels rub or even protrude beyond the outline of the car?

I have read that some fit 8x18 wheels with ET not less then 38-35 to avoid problems. Your wheels might be wider, and together with hubcentric spacer they will have ET about 20 or 23?

Also, are you sure you can get tyres that would still give you the same overall diameter as the current wheels and tyres?

Also, are you sure you can get tyres that would still give you the same overall diameter as the current wheels and tyres?

Suitable tyre size - 225/35/19. Speedometer reading 1.3% too slow compared to stock tyre (when speedo reads 60mph car is actually doing 60.8 mph, so that is acceptable).

Bild2.jpg

9x19 ET40, 225/35/19 with 15mm spacer on the side in the front and 20mm spacer on the side in the back. But this is ST and has wider fenders then regular focus.

Renault alloys on a ford im disgusted lol at least they are aftermarket if they were genuine renault they would either break down or blow up lol just be careful they dont go past the arches or they are ilegal

Go past the arches and risk the wrath of Carlos Fandango and the mighty cigars of Hamlet!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club