Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Additional Speakers...

alkyz89

Iv got a set of infinity 6x9 Speakers sitting in the garage collecting dust, and im thinking of putting them to use.

I was just wondering if anyone has attempted fitting extra speaker and if so how did they go about it?? i will most probably mount them in the parcel shelf, so location is not the issue, it more a case of how its been wired and what is the best route??

thanks in advance!!

Hello mate, sorry for the negative feed back but 6by9s in the parcel shelf are a waste of time if you like your music. The only reason I need to explain myself is, would you go to watch a live band/dj or whatever music taste you like, then turn around and face the back of the room? I wouldn't think anyone in there right mind would, this is what you would be basically be doing, dragging the cars sound stage to the rear of the car it won't sound good. Use them in you front doors with a bit of modification or just buy better than factory Speakers the same size.

Well adding additional Speakers is always a benefit if the job is done correctly.

I don't know much about the infinity 6 x 9's but the standard Speakers in Ford aren't of the greatest quality. If you're thinking about a decent sound system, I suggest going for the JBL ones (Harman Kardon!) or going all out and fitting in a Bose sound system. When fitted properly, they can provide you a good listening experience.

Hello mate, sorry for the negative feed back but 6by9s in the parcel shelf are a waste of time if you like your music. The only reason I need to explain myself is, would you go to watch a live band/dj or whatever music taste you like, then turn around and face the back of the room? I wouldn't think anyone in there right mind would, this is what you would be basically be doing, dragging the cars sound stage to the rear of the car it won't sound good. Use them in you front doors with a bit of modification or just buy better than factory speakers the same size.

Probably got a bit off topic, but if you're seriously considering adding the Infinity Speakers, just make sure they are fitted in correctly and are also in sync with the already existing ones. If a job is done properly then they will only improve the sound system.

cheers for the feedback... i personally feel the sounds quality in the car is ok as it is, it was just a case of wanting to make use of these speaker iv had lying around lol

The only reason I need to explain myself is, would you go to watch a live band/dj or whatever music taste you like, then turn around and face the back of the room?

with regards to the above coment, im not entirely sure i agree as the car already has rear Speakers? its like saying Speakers should only be infront lol

but at the same time i think i see what your trying to say, by not over-powering the sound from behind.

i guess i was thinking it would add more bass, using the boot as a big box haha...

i think i need to check with the insurance company first as ive added afew bits to my car which i need to let them know about before i add anymore...

i had a JBL bass box in my last car which sounded ace, but that kicked the bucket just before i bought my focus lol

but thanks again fot the comments!!

You hit the nail on the head for what I was referring to with it being louder in the back.

I prefer the sound coming from the back, I have mine set to +2 on the rear. its easier to talk to a passenger and I personally think it sounds nicer. more of a "background" music than an in your face.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club