Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can Anyone Recommend Me A Hu...

tlogic

Hi guys,

I've had my new focus for just over a week now and I;m already thinking of replacing my factory defualt Sony generation 2 HU. can anyone recommend me a decent HU please , it has to have sat nav, bluetooth and a DVD player. Can you also tell what other bits and pieces I would need to successfully complete the installation such any housing brackets , fascias, etc.. and most important of all is it just plug and play. I installed a Eonon HU to my Astra not long ago and it was a piece of cake.

Thanks guys

There are the cheap Chinese units on eBay , about £250 ish , they have sat nav , Dvd , bluetooth etc.

After that you move up to the more expensive models.

If you have the curved edge shape radio then most will just slot in , if you have the square shape radio then you will need an adapter also available on eBay.

Most are plug and play and also work with the steering remote

search Ford Sat Nav on eBay loads will show up.

The Ford Satnavs i.e FX model , you would need to get a bluetooth unit and wiring for it to work as it does not have bluetooth built in it is seperate and it is not DVD.

There are the cheap Chinese units on Ebay , about £250 ish , they have sat nav , Dvd , bluetooth etc.

After that you move up to the more expensive models.

If you have the curved edge shape radio then most will just slot in , if you have the square shape radio then you will need an adapter also available on Ebay.

Most are plug and play and also work with the steering remote

search Ford Sat Nav on Ebay loads will show up.

The Ford Satnavs i.e FX model , you would need to get a bluetooth unit and wiring for it to work as it does not have bluetooth built in it is seperate and it is not DVD.

Thanks for the tip mate, :) I have the curve shape one, is there a guide anywhere which shows you how to get to the actual stereo? i'm abit stuck.

cheers

You just pull off the facia by working around the outside with something like a curved or bent flat head screwdiver. I covered mine in tape to avoid scratching the facia. It is stronger than you think, because it feels like you are going to break it. Once off there are just 4 phillips screws holding the unit in. Release the bar on the wireing harness and away you go.

There is a video on Youtube on how to do it without breaking the facia if your not sure.

You just pull off the facia by working around the outside with something like a curved or bent flat head screwdiver. I covered mine in tape to avoid scratching the facia. It is stronger than you think, because it feels like you are going to break it. Once off there are just 4 phillips screws holding the unit in. Release the bar on the wireing harness and away you go.

There is a video on Youtube on how to do it without breaking the facia if your not sure.

Thanks for the reply mate, bought a bojo tool of eBay and followed this tut http://www.jamessimpson.co.uk/ford-focus-mk2-5-2008-stereo-removal simples. shame I haven't got the stereo yet, :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club