Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Factory Daytime Running Lights - Focus Mk2 Mk2.5, C-Max

Pidu

Hi

You said it came from germany.

Then you said i got it from ford dealer ??

Iam confused

Jamie

I order the resistor wire at Ford dealer. It was supposed to be delivered next day, but then they informed me it is not in stock in UK and will be delivered from Germany. It took 4 days.

• 6 months later...

Sorry to revive a slightly old thread, but I was wondering, with the DRL's on does this also mean that the dash lights come on?

Sorry to revive a slightly old thread, but I was wondering, with the DRL's on does this also mean that the dash lights come on?

On the Mk2.5 the Dash lights always come on with Ignition anyway , not sure if that is the same with the Mk2

With my lights set to auto the dash lights only come on wen my lights come on. Don't think I'd like the dash illuminated all the time

mk2 dash lights only come on with lights on only the trip display auto lights up

mk2 dash lights only come on with lights on only the trip display auto lights up

Yeah I know but I was asking if they would come on ALL the time with this mod? Will the dash somehow know it is the DRL's and not come on?

• 3 weeks later...

Mine is an 08 Titanium, which I assume is the MK2.5 but the dash lights definitely come on with the ignition, I mostly have the lights set to auto, the dash lights appear to auto-dim, in other words the darker it is the brighter they are.

Really interested in the DRL mod with the relay, has anyone else had any luck with this?

Got the relay and the cable is on order, I'll add to this thread when it's all done.

Get my new Mk 3 on Monday, which has Auto-lights fitted, guess from previous posts this mod will work on this new car, what is the relay Pt number so I can order that?

I have a 2008 facelift car with xenons. Which wire would I need to buy to do this mod?

Has anyone tried the Ring Automotive DRL solutions you can pick up online or at Halfords? Not sure if they do anything that will look halfway decent on a Focus?

I have all the stuff and I have tried to fit the wire, noob question but how do u get it to stay in? U get some sort of point tool with the wire but I can't figure out what to do! Please help!

Get my new Mk 3 on Monday, which has Auto-lights fitted, guess from previous posts this mod will work on this new car, what is the relay Pt number so I can order that?

If it is brand new u will have drl's as standard

Currently only the Focus Titanium X comes with DRL as standard

Pree I thought Drls were now a legal requirement on ALL cars.

European Union Directive 2008/89/EC requires all passenger cars and small delivery vans first type approved on or after 7 February 2011 in the EU to come equipped with daytime running lights. [12][13][14] The mandate will extend to trucks and buses in August 2012. [15] Functional piggybacking, such as operating the headlamps or front turn signals or fog lamps as DRLs, is not permitted; [16] the EU Directive requires functionally specific daytime running lamps compliant with ECE Regulation 87 and mounted to the vehicle in accord with ECE Regulation 48. [17] DRLs compliant with R87 emit white light of between 400 and 1200 candela.

(Courtesy of Wikipedia)

Unfortunately I have the Titaium not the X so DRL are not std.

After some "modification" to the wire i have eventually got it working! :-D

however I have some issues, firstly that wire gets VERY hot quite quickly, it is being used as a resistor so i suppose it could be normal but i'm not sure if its safe! Also now I have put my fuse box back its gone off again! Will have a look today to find the issue.

I can confirm that the dash lights (speedo illumination etc) are NOT on with the DRLs.

The problem is that since I "modified" the wire it doesn't sit in the connector very firmly so it came out when I reattached it. Sorted again.

Hi chaps Just registared and wanted to say thanks to the OP for his guide.....

and To put something back to the forum here are a few pics of the mk2.5 fuse box with the relevant fuses and relay positions.

8082385839_cf699860df_c.jpg

2x 10a fuses

1x 20a fuse

Relay

and wire between t26 and t1 i did find that the t26 crimp was a perfect fit however the t1 spade was the incorrect size so time for a pair of cutters and a bit of bodgery

8082363028_d32d05a9a7_c.jpg

and jobs a gooden...

B)

• Thanks 1