Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Factory Daytime Running Lights - Focus Mk2 Mk2.5, C-Max

Pidu

Welcome Andy! Good simple modification on the wire, I think I'll do that to tidy mine up a bit. Did u notice if the wire got hot?

Welcome Andy! Good simple modification on the wire, I think I'll do that to tidy mine up a bit. Did u notice if the wire got hot?

Thanks

I used a proper pair of criming pliers (the ratchet type http://www.google.co...ved=0CEQQ8wIwAQ ) then used a sharp knife to trim off the red insulation put the plug back in place then, Used a pair of snipe nose pliers to push it fully home once the green plug was correctly seated the crimp sits below the level of the plug so wont short onto anything i did open the end of the crimp up slightly with a flat screwdriver to make it easier to fit onto the fusebox contact but not so loose it doesn't make a good contact.

The wire gets warm to the touch but not overly hot (i left it hanging down for a full hour running to check prior to securing it all back in place) ((Does yours get hot near the old connector by any chance?))

I did try to cable tie it to the round steel dash support bar aiming to use it as a bit of a heat sink but i couldn't get a tie wrap round it along with the weather starting to turn so i just carefully stuffed it above the fuse box so it gets some air round it.

Hi chaps Just registared and wanted to say thanks to the OP for his guide.....

and To put something back to the forum here are a few pics of the mk2.5 fuse box with the relevant fuses and relay positions.

8082385839_cf699860df_c.jpg

2x 10a fuses

1x 20a fuse

Relay

and wire between t26 and t1 i did find that the t26 crimp was a perfect fit however the t1 spade was the incorrect size so time for a pair of cutters and a bit of bodgery

8082363028_d32d05a9a7_c.jpg

and jobs a gooden...

B)

Hi Andy, welcome to the forum. Top job there mate. Can you tell me what type of wire you used and also is this the correct relay?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-RELAY-24432680-24-432-680-4-PIN-MULTI-RELAY-REAR-FOG-/150921376648?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item23239d7388&_uhb=1#ht_2552wt_952

Clubber i used this relay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320939734228?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

item no 320939734228

the wire i used is shown earlier on in the thread

walk into any ford dealer and ask for part number "finis 1684288" its a fiesta part on the system described as a "kit"

Clubber i used this relay

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1497.l2649

item no 320939734228

the wire i used is shown earlier on in the thread

walk into any ford dealer and ask for part number "finis 1684288" its a fiesta part on the system described as a "kit"

I had that saved in My eBay. You must have bought the last one.

What year is your car. Looks like a pre facelift from the video.

Also, in the original instructions by Pidu it says 'Ford genuine part finis number 1684288, price 11.02 GBP (only for halogen lights)'

I have Xenons. Would I need a different cable?

What do you mean the "old connector"? The whole wire was pretty hot, I didn't notice any change from one end to the other. I have checked again and it is not as bad now. Still warm, but not uncomfortable to touch.

@clubber, I have no idea about the working of Xenons vs halogens so I don't know what difference using different cable will make!

What do you mean the "old connector"?

I was just wondering if you had poor contact at one end resulting in high resistance and an increase in heat build up

• 4 months later...

Does anyone know the resistor value of this wire?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi chaps Just registared and wanted to say thanks to the OP for his guide.....

and To put something back to the forum here are a few pics of the mk2.5 fuse box with the relevant fuses and relay positions.

8082385839_cf699860df_c.jpg

......[REMOVED THE REST].....

I retrofitted factory DRL on my 2008 focus wagon TDCI. It is built for the german market with only basic equipment level.

The above applied to me also, had to change one on the connectors to a smaller size.

BUT, it didn't work anyway!

I crosscheck with the wiring diagrams, and two wires were missing from the main wiring loom.

8595015812_89cdb0fb61.jpg

Connector locations:

8595036020_0f438b60d2_b.jpg

So after retrofitting the two wires it worked.

So if anyone is attempting this mod on a mk2.5 with only basic equipment level then first check that you have cables at pos 5 in c103 and pos 15 in c102.

If not then you must retrofit the cables, and the biggest problem with that is finding the right crimping pins.

• 9 months later...

HI all!

I bought all the stuff to my 2008 focus MK2.5 titanium, then found out that there are NO sockets fitted for R15 and F113 there.
The fuse box looks the same as andy monty posted, but there are only empty holes in the plastic. This car was also built for german market.

Do you think I have a chance to make it work, or should I just sell the stuff, and buy an LED kit instead?

• 4 months later...

Know this is a bit of an old thread now but I'd not seen it before and thought I'd give it a go on my Focus ST as it's got the auto headlights etc.

Worked just fine, got a relay off eBay nice and cheap, plus was able to get my hands on some wiring off-cuts out of a similar GEM connector so didn't have to fiddle with getting different spade connectors to make up the link lead.

Cheers for all the work done with the details posted and nice handy photos :)

• Like 1

Did you wire it off the original looms or just install the wiring and relay sepeartely?

I just added the extra mini relay to the GEM plus the fuses and wired in the link lead to the big green GEM connector. Much preferable being able to do it that way.

Result!

Certainly was, ended up rushing to finish it before going into work but it worked just fine once everything was in place.

There's some great info on here which has kept me busy with electrical mods!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I thought this might an interesting simple mod. Had a look at my GEM (CF type post face lift 2A) no contacts for fuses 110 113 & 135 nor relay R15. So a none starter for me.

• 11 months later...

Hi,

As this topic has not been closed, I take a shot at getting an answer. :)

I thought I do this mod rather than a LED kit. There is less hacking and wiring involved, the aftermarket LEDs might not be very good quality and they might not work properly with the Auto lights function.

I am not really fussed about the looks, it is more about safety. I am driving with lights on all the time anyway, which brings two issues: the auto light is irrelevant and it turns the rear lights, dash lights on and dimms the radio display so on the 3 sunny days in June I cannot see a thing on it.

And I think the LED DRLs would have to be mentioned to the insurance company as modification, wouldn't it? Or else they might just say that I have breached the contract and would not pay a penny.

There was a question about the resistance of the cable. Looking at the pictures and interpreting what has been written about it, it would be quite easy to make one, unless there is a trick in it.

Has anyone measured the resistance yet? Would anyone with the factory cable willing to do it?

Has anyone tried to make one at home?

What sizes are the connectors?

I saw that someone ha to modify one of the connectors, but Pidu did not. Was this because Pidu has MK2 and Andy Monty Mk2.5 Focus and the wire was originally for Fiesta as I read somewhere?

Thanks if anyone is still following this.

Barna

Hi Barna,

As I don't have precise enough multimeter for this, but it shows about ~0.3 ohms for the actual cable.

In theory, it should be between 0.5 and 0.7 ohms though, if I count with 12~14Volts, 55W bulb and 20% loss on the cable.

The connectors are 5 mm and 7 mm wide.

The only trick which can be seen is the extra heat resistant coating, but we don't know what material is the actual wire made of.

Hi demo,

Thanks for the instant reply and for doing the measuring.

Yeah, I have not thought of the material of the cable.

I am guessing it is not that important. Not much can go wrong, except for overheating.

I will check if I got the parts available to try and make one.

Still need to get the relay though.

Hi check my fuse box just to see the fuses and wires if they exist.I see at f45 i have no fuse,at f48 ihave 20A, at f71 i have no fuse.Next check the connector and i see is already have cable at pin 1 and 26 .I have rain sensor and lights switch with auto option

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sca37we1miyanf1/20150619_103936.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/whf3c3xn4xo49tb/20150619_103946.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mr2h0iv5tahn3vj/20150619_104420.jpg?dl=0

Because i have already the cable at pin 1 and 26 is this means that is bridged.?

hi everyone,

Since I followed this article a long time, and I didn't to do it.

I just have a question is that can DTRL light up the parking light rather than headlight?

You cam tap the power source into that light If you wanted to.

You cam tap the power source into that light If you wanted to.

Hi jeebowhite,

Thanks for your reply.

However, I see the schematic of focus MK2.5 (C307), it seems connected to headlamp internally and controlled by the relay R15.

How can I jump the wire to the parking light?

Tap the lights wire at the plug going into the headlamp itself is best.

So if you take the main power source from the drl relay and tap the positive into the wire that should bypass the standard relay and light up the Headlight

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club