Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Factory Daytime Running Lights - Focus Mk2 Mk2.5, C-Max

Pidu

Top one was old fuse box bottom image is the replacement one

39 minutes ago, Leo 1 said:

This is what I thought the daytime running lights s were !

th.jpeg

1.htm323.gif

39 minutes ago, Leo 1 said:

Perhaps try contacting a breakers to see if you can source a fuse box from a focus 2005-2011 

Ask to email you a picture of the fuse board before you purchase to confirm it matches your old unit;

Heres one breaking in co.wicklow although it's a diesel; the board maybe the same 

http://www.adverts.ie/18154799 

Petrol in Carlow

http://www.adverts.ie/15925640

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leo 1 said:

The top one is the Focus Mk2 fusebox (to about 2009), the lower one is the Focus Mk2a one, (from then to about 2011)..

As far as I can tell, the connector pin connections are the same, but the fuse numbering is completely different, F37 to F86 in the Mk2 box, F100 on in the Mk2a box. 

Both contain an important electronic module, that used to be called the GEM, but is now usually referred to as the BCM (Body Control Module). This module is very similar between the Mk2 & Mk2a, but there may well be minor software changes that make it incompatible. This electronic module controls almost every output from the box, lights, wipers, the lot. 80% of the functions are software controlled, not direct electric / mechanical switching

I suspect the simplest thing is to try to find a 2nd hand Mk2 fusebox. They are not expensive now. But try to get one from a car with matching specification. There are a lot of different options, and knowing Ford, they will do silly things like missing out fuse connectors for options not installed, as well as software changes.

• Like 1

That sounds wise, thanks for advise, I just hope the mechanic didn't alter anything with looms etc. He did some work around steering area too, backlight on odometrr and fuel gauge  is not working and my key is not opening the doors with the push button on key fob have to do manually. Would he have needed to short anything or alter any connections ? If so might be hair pulling for someone to rearrange?!?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Leo 1 said:

That sounds wise, thanks for advise, I just hope the mechanic didn't alter anything with looms etc. He did some work around steering area too, backlight on odometrr and fuel gauge  is not working and my key is not opening the doors with the push button on key fob have to do manually. Would he have needed to short anything or alter any connections ? If so might be hair pulling for someone to rearrange?!?

I cant answer your question there mate

But I'd like to say; If the wires need sorting then a Haynes manual for the petrol focus will show diagrams of how everything should be; I've got the Haynes for the diesel and I've hard wired my aftermarket head unit and Speakers using it, also shows you how to service the car yourself all images and text.

Wierd me coming across this thread, i was cleaning my dashboard and got out of car to the surprise of my front H/lights lit, i'd never had this happen before, i know about drl's but thought they wern't introduced till 2011 my car is 2007,  was wondering how I activated this function? Anyone throw some info my way? Cheers. 

7 hours ago, mozz said:

Wierd me coming across this thread, i was cleaning my dashboard and got out of car to the surprise of my front H/lights lit, i'd never had this happen before, i know about drl's but thought they wern't introduced till 2011 my car is 2007,  was wondering how I activated this function? Anyone throw some info my way? Cheers. 

On some models; when parked with the engine off & key out of the ignition; if you pull the stalk to flash the headlights; the headlights come on for a minute;

This feature is designed to illuminate your driveway or door to assist you in the dark when exiting the vehicle 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Leo 1 said:

my key is not opening the doors with the push button on key fob have to do manually.

The remote control codes are stored in the BCM (passenger fusebox), so if this is changed they will need re-programming. There is a simple procedure for this in the user manual, or see:

The odometer light & fuel gauge are a bit of a mystery, they are nothing to do with the BCM as far as I know, they are built in to or connected to the Instrument Cluster (dash). That must be working, or the car would not start at all.

12 hours ago, mozz said:

i know about drl's but thought they wern't introduced till 2011 my car is 2007

A Daytime running lamp fuse is listed in my (2006) handbook, but it is probably not fitted, and there is a resistor and extra wire needed to make it work. But some countries made DTRLs obligatory well before the UK, so it would be needed for some exported cars.

When it stops raining i'm gonna investigate this further, to see if i actually do have drl or not.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to re re resurrect an old thread but lots of useful information in these old threads even to users years later.

Can't believe I've never came across this information before now. Have had my 2011 Focus MK2.5 since 2014 and was aware of options of aftermarket led DRLs around the fog light but never knew could activate DRL feature on main headlights like this.

Been looking into getting a Kuga titanium recently (around a 2017/2018) which have nice LED DRLs, but it will replace the fiesta, and will be keeping this focus a few years yet as a second car, so discovered this thread as have noticed in the years since I got this car obviously more and more cars now on the road have DRLs of some sort to the point I started thinking about again for the Focus.

So thanks to op and all other contributors too including the guy on page 2 who put up picture of facelift fusebox locations.

For reference if anyone reading this in future my 61 plate 2011 sport doesn't have the 2 10a fuses f110&f113 in place which it seems from reading whole thread you don't want/need anyway. It also doesn't have the 20a fuse f135 in place, (which others seem to have had already?). The empty slot for relay r15 is there too and not blanked like some others experienced.

So I've ordered the relay and resistor lead (few days ford said as coming from germany, like others experienced too) and will pick up a wee 20a fuse for f135 and a replacement speaker wire spade terminal for one end of the lead as seems to be required, I'll report back with results here once got parts and tried it all.

Fingers crossed here, seems a good discovery this feature, like the well known easy footwell lights addition in this model, only requiring bulbs put in as holders already there.

20200814_093703.jpg

20200814_093636.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2020 at 1:19 PM, paul321 said:

Sorry to re re resurrect an old thread but lots of useful information in these old threads even to users years later.

Can't believe I've never came across this information before now. Have had my 2011 Focus MK2.5 since 2014 and was aware of options of aftermarket led DRLs around the fog light but never knew could activate DRL feature on main headlights like this.

Been looking into getting a Kuga titanium recently (around a 2017/2018) which have nice LED DRLs, but it will replace the fiesta, and will be keeping this focus a few years yet as a second car, so discovered this thread as have noticed in the years since I got this car obviously more and more cars now on the road have DRLs of some sort to the point I started thinking about again for the Focus.

So thanks to op and all other contributors too including the guy on page 2 who put up picture of facelift fusebox locations.

For reference if anyone reading this in future my 61 plate 2011 sport doesn't have the 2 10a fuses f110&f113 in place which it seems from reading whole thread you don't want/need anyway. It also doesn't have the 20a fuse f135 in place, (which others seem to have had already?). The empty slot for relay r15 is there too and not blanked like some others experienced.

So I've ordered the relay and resistor lead (few days ford said as coming from germany, like others experienced too) and will pick up a wee 20a fuse for f135 and a replacement speaker wire spade terminal for one end of the lead as seems to be required, I'll report back with results here once got parts and tried it all.

Fingers crossed here, seems a good discovery this feature, like the well known easy footwell lights addition in this model, only requiring bulbs put in as holders already there.

20200814_093703.jpg

20200814_093636.jpg

Gutted! My fuse box has no connection pins at 1 & 26 on the green connector to connect to. So can fit cable to green plug but won't be connected to anything there.

So parts getting returned and very disappointed! 

Possibly worth watching for if anyone else comes across this and thinks to add them. It might be because this is a very late plate mk2.5 as it's a 61 plate. Fuse box was possibly changed/modified late in the model run.

20200822_182219.jpg

20200822_183021.jpg

Just seen this thread even though it's as old as a Model T! I have posted this before, but for anyone that stumbled on here via a google search, if you own a vintage Mk2 (2005) with no fancy added extras, you can still smarten her up with some DRLs. I installed LEDs on the front 'fog light' grills, with a built in 'halo'. They come on automatically with my ignition, and I also have the facility to switch either the central LED or halo off independently (because I can LOL)

628263202_beforeandaftercaption.jpg.8492b839ae393a76166df8f673a622c4.thumb.jpg.977e5389dc2450e96e525962fb679001.jpg

1402821656_HalooffLoRes.jpg.15049452552d068e91a84b73214ade6b.thumb.jpg.959599e07e007ff5d681585832bf88bc.jpg

373930612_DRLswitches.thumb.jpg.7ac2990ace7a0fce27666e108367f027.jpg

• Like 2

Yes the fog light surround route is the option I'm considering now since my fusebox proved no good for retrofitting the factory option.

Returning unused parts and been looking at options. There are some nice 3rd party fog light surrounds with the led strip for the mk2.5 that thinking of now instead.

Also seen full replacement 3rd party headlights with DRL inside the headlight unit but bit too pricey for my liking compared to the fog lights surround option. I might be better starting a new thread to try and canvas opinion on what the best options are from stuff currently available.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 8/22/2020 at 6:29 PM, paul321 said:

Gutted! My fuse box has no connection pins at 1 & 26 on the green connector to connect to. So can fit cable to green plug but won't be connected to anything there.

So parts getting returned and very disappointed! 

Possibly worth watching for if anyone else comes across this and thinks to add them. It might be because this is a very late plate mk2.5 as it's a 61 plate. Fuse box was possibly changed/modified late in the model run.

20200822_182219.jpg

I'm quite late to the party and very surprised i didn't come across this before...

Considering i've retrofitted auto headlights, i think i'll give this a go and see how it goes.

I'm also looking at sidelights to come up when i unlock the car, like you get on fiestas and newer cars, but there's a separate topic for this.

As i'm looking through the schematics on page 6 & 8, it looks like the PJB ending in -B* and -C* do not have those pins, so i'd take a guess that yours is one of those? Something like 7M5T-14A073-CB?

Mine is a 2010 with a -DF fusebox and the pins exist, but there's no cable on C91 position 1. When the part arrives, i'll fit a wire and see what happens.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club