Pidu

Factory Daytime Running Lights - Focus Mk2 Mk2.5, C-Max

Top one was old fuse box bottom image is the replacement one

39 minutes ago, Leo 1 said:

This is what I thought the daytime running lights s were !

th.jpeg

1.htm323.gif

39 minutes ago, Leo 1 said:

Perhaps try contacting a breakers to see if you can source a fuse box from a focus 2005-2011 

Ask to email you a picture of the fuse board before you purchase to confirm it matches your old unit;

Heres one breaking in co.wicklow although it's a diesel; the board maybe the same 

http://www.adverts.ie/18154799 

Petrol in Carlow

http://www.adverts.ie/15925640

3 hours ago, Leo 1 said:

The top one is the Focus Mk2 fusebox (to about 2009), the lower one is the Focus Mk2a one, (from then to about 2011)..

As far as I can tell, the connector pin connections are the same, but the fuse numbering is completely different, F37 to F86 in the Mk2 box, F100 on in the Mk2a box. 

Both contain an important electronic module, that used to be called the GEM, but is now usually referred to as the BCM (Body Control Module). This module is very similar between the Mk2 & Mk2a, but there may well be minor software changes that make it incompatible. This electronic module controls almost every output from the box, lights, wipers, the lot. 80% of the functions are software controlled, not direct electric / mechanical switching

I suspect the simplest thing is to try to find a 2nd hand Mk2 fusebox. They are not expensive now. But try to get one from a car with matching specification. There are a lot of different options, and knowing Ford, they will do silly things like missing out fuse connectors for options not installed, as well as software changes.

That sounds wise, thanks for advise, I just hope the mechanic didn't alter anything with looms etc. He did some work around steering area too, backlight on odometrr and fuel gauge  is not working and my key is not opening the doors with the push button on key fob have to do manually. Would he have needed to short anything or alter any connections ? If so might be hair pulling for someone to rearrange?!?

11 hours ago, Leo 1 said:

That sounds wise, thanks for advise, I just hope the mechanic didn't alter anything with looms etc. He did some work around steering area too, backlight on odometrr and fuel gauge  is not working and my key is not opening the doors with the push button on key fob have to do manually. Would he have needed to short anything or alter any connections ? If so might be hair pulling for someone to rearrange?!?

I cant answer your question there mate

But I'd like to say; If the wires need sorting then a Haynes manual for the petrol focus will show diagrams of how everything should be; I've got the Haynes for the diesel and I've hard wired my aftermarket head unit and Speakers using it, also shows you how to service the car yourself all images and text.

Wierd me coming across this thread, i was cleaning my dashboard and got out of car to the surprise of my front H/lights lit, i'd never had this happen before, i know about drl's but thought they wern't introduced till 2011 my car is 2007,  was wondering how I activated this function? Anyone throw some info my way? Cheers. 

7 hours ago, mozz said:

Wierd me coming across this thread, i was cleaning my dashboard and got out of car to the surprise of my front H/lights lit, i'd never had this happen before, i know about drl's but thought they wern't introduced till 2011 my car is 2007,  was wondering how I activated this function? Anyone throw some info my way? Cheers. 

On some models; when parked with the engine off & key out of the ignition; if you pull the stalk to flash the headlights; the headlights come on for a minute;

This feature is designed to illuminate your driveway or door to assist you in the dark when exiting the vehicle 

14 hours ago, Leo 1 said:

my key is not opening the doors with the push button on key fob have to do manually.

The remote control codes are stored in the BCM (passenger fusebox), so if this is changed they will need re-programming. There is a simple procedure for this in the user manual, or see:

The odometer light & fuel gauge are a bit of a mystery, they are nothing to do with the BCM as far as I know, they are built in to or connected to the Instrument Cluster (dash). That must be working, or the car would not start at all.

12 hours ago, mozz said:

i know about drl's but thought they wern't introduced till 2011 my car is 2007

A Daytime running lamp fuse is listed in my (2006) handbook, but it is probably not fitted, and there is a resistor and extra wire needed to make it work. But some countries made DTRLs obligatory well before the UK, so it would be needed for some exported cars.

When it stops raining i'm gonna investigate this further, to see if i actually do have drl or not.