Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Should I Be Worried

sambooka

I was just checking my levels this morning when I noticed my engine coolant has gone from a normal pinky colour to almost a rust orange is this normal as I've never seen it this colour on any of my other cars

You've got rust on the inside of your cylinders, take the spark plugs out and wash it down with some water.

It's probably fine.

You've got rust on the inside of your cylinders, take the spark plugs out and wash it down with some water.

It's probably fine.

I've got a diesel does the same apply and how have they gone rusty the car has only done 7000 miles gets driven at least 20 miles a day if not more. I wondered whether it had just had a bad reaction to the cold as it was ok on Friday

does your engine make a dull whirring sound that increases in pitch till about 1500 revs then disappears if above?

if so does this sound only appear when the engine is warm?

i had a similar problem with my tdci 95ps, coupled with the rusty water.

transpired it needed a new water pump. 8000 miles done under warranty.

does your engine make a dull whirring sound that increases in pitch till about 1500 revs then disappears if above?

if so does this sound only appear when the engine is warm?

i had a similar problem with my tdci 95ps, coupled with the rusty water.

transpired it needed a new water pump. 8000 miles done under warranty.

Not that I've noticed but will keep an eye out do you think it's worth just taking it in to get it checked

Not that I've noticed but will keep an eye out do you think it's worth just taking it in to get it checked

well if the waters rust coloured and only done 7000 miles i would have it in just in case, tell them you want to make sure its safe, that usually gets them to do a decent inspection

well if the waters rust coloured and only done 7000 miles i would have it in just in case, tell them you want to make sure its safe, that usually gets them to do a decent inspection

Well I just had it round to see my dad who is an ex ford mechanic I said about the water pump and he said it all seems normall and as long as it doesn't turn brown or black it's perfectly fine. After driving around to his house it's turned More of a pinky colour again

It will be rust particles from the block. Unless its an aluminium block the water can get abit cloudy from my experience.

Not a problem as long as coolant is changed at the recomended intervals.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club