Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Shine

ukphillad

Hi All,

Just curious, after looking at some cars at events and shows I noticed all of them are always shining and I am trying to get a photoshoot going for my wee Focus. But after a few car washes, all of them claiming to have the wax effect, I never seem to get the same effect that those show cars. Sometimes I am even lucky to get a car wash without streaks :P Now i know that this might sound a bit silly, but anyone know how to get that shining effect, any products that they use and get that gleaming effect?

Any input much appreciated :)

It should be noted - that wax very rarely adds shine to a finish. Wax is a protection agent, it's there to act as a barrier between dirt and paint.

The way to get a real shine on your paintwork is to prepare the paint properly before applying the wax. Clean, de-tar, clay, polish (by hand, or for the best results - machine) and or cleanse and then you'll have a base to work with.

For 'quick fix' the best product I have ever used in terms of bling is Zaino Z8 spray, it's not cheap but it's really good.

Hi All,

Just curious, after looking at some cars at events and shows I noticed all of them are always shining and I am trying to get a photoshoot going for my wee Focus. But after a few car washes, all of them claiming to have the wax effect, I never seem to get the same effect that those show cars. Sometimes I am even lucky to get a car wash without streaks :P Now i know that this might sound a bit silly, but anyone know how to get that shining effect, any products that they use and get that gleaming effect?

Any input much appreciated :)

This turtle wax endura coat kit is quality mate,

ive used it on a few cars now and its perfect every time, but buy online because its 50euro in Halfords, the steps i took were

Tar removal,

Local Car wash,

EnduraCoat wash

Chammie Dry

EnduraCoat Wax

Hand Polish with microfibre Cloth

Job Done B)

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4cfd968482

its a liquid wax so goes on easy too, here are some pictures

Image07D29462.jpg

Image1089.jpg

logo-1.png

Image1058.jpgImage1068.jpg

What colour is your car if It's dark ie black blue dark gray or red I highly recommend poor boys black hole It's super stuff really easy to use and it makes my car look brand new when done. Make sure your leather is clean when you dry your car then use a micro fiber towel to appliy the polish .

@Lenny, great help (as usual!) :) I will definately be making a purchase of the Turtle Wax endura coat soon. Just want a bit of weather improvement atm, washed the car today and kid you not already looks messy :/

I've generally found it an uphill battle trying to keep my car looking even remotely clean this time of year. Obviously with all the mud/ice/snow/rain etc lol it's going to be harder, but there's people in my street that have shining cars all winter, and I am guessing they take them to a carwash because I never see the majority of them washing their cars. The best advice I can give is second Lenny on the kit he provided a link to, it's a damn good set and you get everything you need in there. Really worth the money! Granted my car too looks filthy after its first drive after being washed, but for me personally when I wash my car it's more checking for damage and making sure it polishes up as well as it did the last time (it really is a minter considering the year!)

Dan :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club