Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hids In Mk7 Fiesta ?

FIESTA_MAD

hi

anyone got any pics of hids in a mk7 fiesta 6000/8000k ?

and are they better in the projector headlights than reflector lights and less likely to be pulled ?

thanks.

6000K - Projector. Don't go above. Higher chance you'll get pulled.

And yes would seriously not advise to put HIDs in reflectors.

Also bear in mind HIDs will soon be a MOT failure this year I think..... Anyway heres mine ;)

img0374zo.jpg

6000K - Projector. Don't go above. Higher chance you'll get pulled.

And yes would seriously not advise to put HIDs in reflectors.

Also bear in mind HIDs will soon be a MOT failure this year I think..... Anyway heres mine ;)

img0374zo.jpg

my friend has 6000k hids in his zetec s and they dont look much brighter than the notmal lights tbh .

might get myself a set :)

my friend has 6000k hids in his zetec s and they dont look much brighter than the notmal lights tbh .

might get myself a set :)

Don't know what set your mate got but fellow member Ben and I both had Philips in before and then bought a 6k 35w set from HIDS4U and the results were really good so much brighter/whiter.....

Deff worth a buy IMO mate ;)

Just a word of warning. As from this year, all cars with retro fitted HID's without self leveling suspension and headlight washers, stand a good chance of an MOT failure, due to strickter MOT rules.

Just a word of warning. As from this year, all cars with retro fitted HID's without self leveling suspension and headlight washers, stand a good chance of an MOT failure, due to strickter MOT rules.

As stated in my first reply mate...:)

As stated in my first reply mate... :)

Just testing ya :)

I think the new mot stuff states 'automatic headlight levellers must work where fitted'

There is a possibility that they don't need to have suspension levelling headlights... Much like a spare wheel having to have legal tread if its in the car, however, its not an MOT requirement to have a spare wheel.

i dont see whats so difficult about taking your HIDs out at MOT time it only happens once a year! its like complaining about getting up early on xmas morning! or the loud noises on bonfire night!

i dont see whats so difficult about taking your HIDs out at MOT time it only happens once a year! its like complaining about getting up early on xmas morning! or the loud noises on bonfire night!

Spot on mate. Easy swap!

It's hard to trust any articles. Some say the rules start in March, some say January, they all contradict each other in plenty of areas. Anyone have any links to official documents?

My mates focus passed a couple weeks ago with hids I fitted to his projector headlights.

Plenty detail on this thread mate to help you make up your own mind.

Taking them out for MOT doesn't fix the legal issue, police would still be able to pull and fine you by the roadside.

That said, I have them in mine. It's your call to make buddy.

• 4 weeks later...

HID's in the Mk7 Fiesta look really well, especially in projector headlamps. If you have reflector headlamps, you need a H7R kit, if you have projectors you need just a standard H7 kit.

6000k is our most popular kit, much like many other companies.

Projectors look fantastic!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150549202452714&set=pu.35215757713&type=1&theater

Sean.

HID's in the Mk7 Fiesta look really well, especially in projector headlamps. If you have reflector headlamps, you need a H7R kit, if you have projectors you need just a standard H7 kit.

6000k is our most popular kit, much like many other companies.

Projectors look fantastic!

http://www.facebook....&type=1

Sean.

Got 6K myself mate, one of my fav car mods by far!

Got 6K myself mate, one of my fav car mods by far!

Couldn't agree more. Whilst some cars suit HID's more than others, we've not seen a Mk7 that hasn't looked fantastic.

Sean.