Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rough Idle On A 2004 2.0 Tdci

Z3 MON

ive spent the last hour looking through all the posts and mines is the except mines done 185k i know the tensioners need doing but its the rough idle that i cant work out

really !Removed! me off now

• cheers liam

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Z3 MON

• plumbob

• Stoney871

• turbine

I think I'm Gona check for swarf in the box....

Took off the inlet manifold, cleaned it (again) inspected for cracks and renewed the seals.

With manifold REMOVED the car still chugs. (Got the P0100 code (MAF) as expected.)

That is not to say there ISNT an intake leak but I sincerel doubt it would cause this chugging.

Fuel pressure bounces at all speeds its just not so noticeable at high revs or under acceleration (if you discount the occasional P0251 limp mode !!)

Sprayed special engine decarb into the ports but it made no difference so it aint carbon on the valves or crowns upsetting the fuelling.

Havent given up just yet...

aup

have you checked all your rubber breather pipes also pipes from the turbo as mine runs rough at idle could be a perished pipe and limp mode 2.5k so when turbos opened up full

which makes me thing it could be pulling in air from one of the pipes upsetting the engine

just a poke in the dark as ive tried everything else lol

cheers liam

Not found any.

Even with MAF disconnected (forced open loop control) it still chugs.

If you fix yours please post the result.

I gota take the mondeo up to Lincoln on Saturday lol.

Well I just had a quick butchers, the whole injection loom looks bodged to be honest...

As for the filter well Tge bracket it sits in doesn't join the chassis very well and is very wobbly, hope this isn't an issue.....

On the filter the two single connectors are on there tight but the one with the T-piece bit is loose an wobbly. Is this a common thing?? Or normal?? Should I change it??

Also there is a bit of oil round the crank case breather pipe, will this cause any issues?

I have checked both inter cooler pipes, is there any other boost pipes I need to check hidden around??

Cheers

Dave

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah,

this weekend I changed my crank pulley, aux belt and tensioner and it has improved my chugging a lot.

Not that there were any symptoms like drumming, clattering or flapping, simply that 100,000 miles seems as good a time as any to do it.

Chugging still there but far less pronounced - perhaps the ECU needs time to 'settle' into the change, time will tell.