Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 Focus Tdci Build/mod Thread

james132

Thaught Id put all my updates in one thread to keep things clean and tidy.

The car- 05 2.0TDCi Titanium

After the first detail clean and first couple of mods:

DSCF76471.jpg

DSCF76551.jpg

DSCF76481.jpg

DSCF76491.jpg

First mods- DMB Gel badge Overlays in Carbon/Chrome (fitted interior aswell, no pic)

DSCF76541.jpg

DSCF76561.jpg

A sticker to pay respect to the late great Marco Simoncelli.

DSCF7652.jpg

LED Side lights:

DSCF7667.jpg

Twin Reverse lights (Mega bright :D)

DSC_8158.jpg

Today (2nd Feb 2012) Picked the car up from the body shop:

DSC_8215.jpg

DSC_8216.jpg

DSC_8217.jpg

DSC_8218.jpg

DSC_8219.jpg

DSC_8221.jpg

As you can see, had some colour coding done, rear bumper, front fog strips, also had a large dent that was hidden behind a cheekey little sticker removed. She was also serviced at the same time :D

Next on the list:

Mist type washers (waiting to fit)

Smooth rear wiper (waiting to fit)

Eibach Pro lowering kit

ST alloy wheels

ST Spoiler

All c+c Welcome.

Thanks,

Lenny- The smooth wiper is kind of semi smooth, not fitted it yet, ordered it from poland, the same company doing all the look alike body kits etc, from what I can gather its 'smoother' than the standard one, will see when its fitted. Want to colour code the washer jets at some point if I get a chance, would have had them done with the car but I was abroard whilst the car was being done and the idiot I am only ordered 1 jet as I thaught it was a pair! So now waiting on the other one at the moment lol

I bought a smooth (mk2.5 type) rear wiper from Poland and they sent me two! How kind, since they charged me for one.

How about mk2.5 rear lights? They look sweet on my Tonic Blue three door.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180707615233?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Thats the wiper blade I have sitting in the garage at the moment, going to fit it today if I get a chance and il post up some pictures.

Dose anyone know if the DMB badge overlays will restick if you heat them up and peel them off? With the respray I also fitted a new rear badge, guess its worth a go.

Just fitted the wiper, looks abit better than the previous one imo. It also wipes a fair bit more of the rear window too which cant be a bad thing B)

Original:

DSC_8223.jpg

New:

DSC_8224.jpg

DSC_8225.jpg

looks really good. the wiper you linked to is priced at over £900!! I know thats an error or whatever, but how much did you pay?

they deliberately do that with the price, so that they can keep the listing without removing it! saves pennies! plus, if someone enters contractual obligation to buy a £900.00 wiper blade... they are barking mad!

As for the car, it really looks good now! shows how subtle changes make a difference! how much did it cost to get the GB dent out?

they deliberately do that with the price, so that they can keep the listing without removing it! saves pennies! plus, if someone enters contractual obligation to buy a £900.00 wiper blade... they are barking mad!

As for the car, it really looks good now! shows how subtle changes make a difference! how much did it cost to get the GB dent out?

He basically charged me an extra £150 on top of what I was originally having done on the car by him anyway, He did say If I was going to get it done seperatly it would have been just under £300.

I cannot tell the difference between your old wiper arm and the new one? is the newer one a bit longer?

look at the sticker on the back right of the window. now look at the difference in the distance between the end of the wiper and the sticker in each photo

You should fit the badge brake light mate,

their a nice touch and would be less of a job on your model compared to mine. you just need to remove the badge and stick the clear section in place, then fit the badge on top, fish the cable from the pad in to the boot compartment, and earth to the boot panel, then run a positive from the brake light in the rear spoiler to the badge,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-CAR-BADGE-LIGHT-UP-RED-LED-fits-MONDEO-FOCUS-14-5x5-6cm-UK-SELLER-/130636172001?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AFord&hash=item1e6a85cae1

The wiper is proberbly about 1"1/2 longer, its also got a 'smoother' finish to it.

I like the look of the brake light behind the badge, will have to look into it, I think it might be prety simple, but I dont think the bootlid is flat under the badge, theres a slightly raised section.

Really want to save up for the st spoiler, wheels and spring kit next. I really want to do the front bumper respray, but not sure if its just going to crack and peel when the lower plastic part is painted.

The wiper is proberbly about 1"1/2 longer, its also got a 'smoother' finish to it.

I like the look of the brake light behind the badge, will have to look into it, I think it might be prety simple, but I dont think the bootlid is flat under the badge, theres a slightly raised section.

Really want to save up for the st spoiler, wheels and spring kit next. I really want to do the front bumper respray, but not sure if its just going to crack and peel when the lower plastic part is painted.

The led badge has a lip on it too, its designed for the mk2 focus meaning the sticky back sits in to the indent on the boot lid and the light part then rests flush to the body so you have no gaps.

and for the spraying on the front section mate, you could get clear film applied on to the paint work to prevent chipping.

The led badge has a lip on it too, its designed for the mk2 focus meaning the sticky back sits in to the indent on the boot lid and the light part then rests flush to the body so you have no gaps.

and for the spraying on the front section mate, you could get clear film applied on to the paint work to prevent chipping.

Id just seen on another thread someone linked to some clear tape to prevent paint chipping, why had I never thaught of that! :L Might well get that done when I get back from the next stint abroard. :D

that be me :) its clear and a lot thicker than it looks and tough easy to fit though and prevents the paint from being removed on some of the poorly designed bits

Yeah, I never thaught of this stuff, iv seen it used on endurance race cars before to protect the paintwork, Its good stuff providing it dosnt peel off.

A bit of an arty farty shot last night

DSC_8230.jpg

Nothing great but not bad for a phone camera..

Looks excellent mate nice shot of the car in the picture above B)

the ST spoiler will look great on it too, did you get the windows tinted recently ?

The rear and two rear side windows have always been tinted, factory tints I think. I wouldnt mind having the other two sides done but not really something im bothered with. I think next mods are front bumper respray, st alloys, lower and st spoiler, depending on money, these are all pricey mods too :(