Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 Focus Tdci Build/mod Thread

james132

The rear and two rear side windows have always been tinted, factory tints I think. I wouldnt mind having the other two sides done but not really something im bothered with. I think next mods are front bumper respray, st alloys, lower and st spoiler, depending on money, these are all pricey mods too :(

Would you fit a second hand ST spoiler ?

because it uses the existing bolts from your current rear spoiler to fit it to the body, and mine was 90euro to get sprayed and then i fitted it myself, all of your mods will make a huge difference to the apperance of the car though mate you will be glad you purchased each one of them.

If I could get hold of a decent nick second hand one I would, if not buying a new one wouldnt bother me. I remember reading something about putting silicon around the bolt holes to stop water getting into the boot or something along those lines?

Anyway everything is going to have to wait till end of march now when I get back from working over seas. Cant wait to get back and crack on!

If I could get hold of a decent nick second hand one I would, if not buying a new one wouldnt bother me. I remember reading something about putting silicon around the bolt holes to stop water getting into the boot or something along those lines?

Anyway everything is going to have to wait till end of march now when I get back from working over seas. Cant wait to get back and crack on!

hi mate,

yes a ring of silicone around each of the holes on the outside of the boot panel, it is advised to be done regardless of what spoiler you have on your focus mk2 or mk2.5 not just the st spoiler,

also here is an image of the 5 bolt holes

pleas ignore the red rings on the image, i have gotten it off a google image search

KGrHqNksE3OJvHQpBOSlBpnMzw60_12.jpg

Looking good. Have you considered adding a remap to your wishlist of mods?

I have looked into re-maps, but for the small gain you make its quite a lot of money.

I have looked into re-maps, but for the small gain you make its quite a lot of money.

Well I paid not much over £200 for mine with Angel Tuning. My Fous went from 136 bhp to 171bhp and 314lb ft of torque. Some of the best money I've ever spent, in my opinion of course.

Hi James, I'm liking the mods so far :)

I think you and i have similar tastes in mods (i.e ST styling on a TDCI) ;)

Karlos? I may well be picking your brains on the re-mapping you've had carried out... Or is there a thread lurking on here somewhere with more detail on the re-mapping (sorry to hijack the thread James). :o

No problem,

Karlos- What difference has is made to mpg figures? I currently proberbly average just over 40mpg and its proberbly 60%town and the rest motorway. That seems quite a decent gain compared to other figures I have read, some being less than 30bhp gain.

£200 isnt bad either, some remap services I have seen have been much higher.

It's made the car more tolerant of lower speeds on high gears. For example, pre-remap, it would object to 50mph in 6th, whereas now it's happy to do that. The net result is an improvement on economy when driven normally. Obviously, if you use your new-found power frequently, then your fuel consption will suffer. I'm averaging 46mpg on mainly rural roads and town.

On another note, I'm interested to see how a titianium would look on ST alloys without the bodykit. I've even thought about having the standard alloys refurbed in gloss black.

That dosnt seem too bad actually, makes it sound tempting :L Just need to try find trusted tuners who are local.

Iv seen a couple of others with the st alloys on, and aslong as there lowered it looks smart, just not seen it in the same colour as mine yet!

Will see what happens as dont have the money yet.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club