Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Reg Lights Legal?

ijustwantafile

I bought some brighter bulbs for the boot and tried my old boot light bulbs to light up the reg plate.

Do you lot think they're too bright?

reg%20zoom.JPG

full%20reg.JPG

I think its fine with it lighting up the reg plate.. its just that its lighting up some of the bumper.

they look ok to me mate,

i have two led type fitted and they never attracted a blue light.

mine also illuminate the rear bumper at the top surface.

See link to the set i purchased:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130508812663?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp4712.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3D130508812663%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

Ok cheers, might change them back at the weekend will see what i think of them after a few days, not doing much night driving anyway.

while i was changing them i noticed the plastic around the bulb on both bulb fittings are burnt and black round one side. is this normal?

mine were the same their too mate lol

black fading to golden brown, the regular gas bulbs w5w get red hot mate, but the leds run at a much cooler temperature like 120degrees less than the gas charged bulbs which run at almost 280degrees. so the led are the way foward,

if you decide to remove them from the reg light units, you can still use them in the lights behind the visors in the front of the car.

I just had a read of this:

http://www.motuk.co.uk/manual_110.htm

1.1 Page 3

Reason for rejection

f.

shows white light directly to the rear.

would it be classed as showing white light ot the rear?

i personally dont think it would be classed as showing white light to the rear, because the lights are aiming down towards the ground, and it is a secondary shine that is illuminating the bumper section, not casting light towards drivers behind you, and if someone is driving behind then the lights from their vehicle will illuminate the rest of your rear anyways.

if your worried mate, id drive to the local police, and ask them to have a look, explain that you have just fitted them and you would like advise on if they are acceptable or not, if they say no then you just swap them back to standard, with no fine.

and if they say yes, then you have a name of a police officer in your local station who has told you they are ok to use,

then if anyone ever tries to stop you, you can inform them that you went to that perticular officer and he/she deemed them acceptable for road use.

I am a Police Officer and i use them myself, i have daily contact with Traffic Officers and they use them themselves.

As long as they're not facing backwards which they can't due to the fitting design you will have no problems.

Yeah, your just not allowed like a white spotlight, continuously shining out the back of your car, but if you have white light pointing down and lighting up the boot, then there is nothing wrong with that.

Expanding on Lenny's point, you would want to ensure that it is a traffic officer who provides you the advice. if the 'desk monkey' says yes, that doesnt mean that its valid, and you would likely be slapped with a fine.

Yeah, your just not allowed like a white spotlight, continuously shining out the back of your car, but if you have white light pointing down and lighting up the boot, then there is nothing wrong with that.

Expanding on Lenny's point, you would want to ensure that it is a traffic officer who provides you the advice. if the 'desk monkey' says yes, that doesnt mean that its valid, and you would likely be slapped with a fine.

As i've direct access to tame Traffic Officers i like to run modifications by them before i do them just so i don't leave myself open to embarrasment.

Wouldn't do for me to get pulled on the way to / from work now would it?

Stoney

Any future Mods we are going to do , we will tell you , then you can do then and be our guineapig tester , if you get nicked then we know not to follow suit lol :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club