Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Handbrake

MARLEY

This is a new one for me,

Focus 2007 2.0L Diesel

With engine on or off and footbrake pressed my handbrake works perfect (about 6 clicks),

Without pressing footbrake the handbrake lever goes through the roof (about 12 clicks)

Any ideas please

Many Thanks

Paul

my guess is,

you have discs and pads on the rear mate,

the brake pedal and handbrake are cable driven to the rear pads,

so when you press the pedal the pads close on the discs,

then the handbrake has less of a pull to close in on the disc, because you have pulled the pads in some already by pressing the foot pedal.

my guess is,

you have discs and pads on the rear mate,

the brake pedal and handbrake are cable driven to the rear pads,

so when you press the pedal the pads close on the discs,

then the handbrake has less of a pull to close in on the disc, because you have pulled the pads in some already by pressing the foot pedal.

thanks for quick reply Lenny. Just only really noticed it within last 2 weeks or so.

In my opinion this is not normal, I have never experienced such situation in any car.

In my opinion this is not normal, I have never experienced such situation in any car.

i would agree and am going to investigate tomoz, will keep you posted

• 2 weeks later...

The problem with handbrake is solved. I have fitted 2 new rear calipers and it now works a treat. All i have to do now is bleed them properly as they are spongey.Any ideas on how to get rid of air 100% as its got ABS too. Shall i leave engine running and do the old fashioned way ? Get the better half to pump them up and i will undo the bleed nipples.

Many Thanks

Paul

Did you clamp the hose when you removed the brake calipers? Thats what i normally do then just use the conventional method of bleeding - get the other half to press the pedal and hold while i open the bleed screw, close it then get her to release the pedal and start over again. Never had any issues even with ABS

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club