Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Personalised Number Plates

neilgeorge

Hi guys,

I was taking a look at the personalised number plates on the DVLA website the earlier and saw one which I fancied, but I thought it would look better if the space between the characters was moved.

I was wondering is it even legal to move the space on a personalised plate???

I have attached an example of what I am talking about (if it isn't very clear what I am talking about):

Thanks for looking

post-29129-0-48412300-1328219760_thumb.p

post-29129-0-02149900-1328219775_thumb.p

Hi Neil,

It would defiantly be illegal to change the spacing or move any of the characters.

Thanks for the reply Norman,

I did think it would be illegal, just was interested lol.

Cheers

It is illegal to change spacing of letters / numbers and font.

No application of studs or tape so as to alter the readability of the plate.

The plate must be of a standard size (no mini plates) and display the makers details also, postcode at the very least.

Technically it is still illegal to have any logo on the plate other than the Euro flag and country indicator but it has pretty much been decriminalised so most of the time you should be ok for that unless you come across a Traffic Officer who's having a bad or slow day.

As Police increasingly use ANPR now, any manipulation of plates may be deemed an attempt to avoid ANPR identification and bring more trouble than they are worth.

Off road / show is fine but not on road.

If the DVLA believe that the decision to alter your plates was influenced by a personalised registration number then they retain to right to confiscate it. This normally takes place after a repeat offence. Some people don't get the hint.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club