Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Poured Engine Oil In Coolant Chamber. !!!!!!

1.6idiot

I'm such an idiot picked up engine oil instead of anti freeze. And tipped in about half a litre into the coolant chamber. If I start the car what will happen? Will I have to drain the whole rad?

Hi mate,

dont start the car,

and dont drain the rad,

is it in the coolant tank or the radiator?

oil sinks to the bottom and coolant sits on top, if its in the tank mate, disconnect the pipes to the radiator and empty out the tank and wash it out with a de-greaser type cleaner,

then rinse well with water, and fill then empty the tank until you have no bubbles in the tank at all.

then rejoin the system and pour in your coolant,

dont worry, the same type of thing would happen if your head gasket seal give up on you, so they do mix. but prefer they dont.

Oh cheers. Ain't started it or anything. I tipped it in the tank. So does that mean it ain't gone through the system yet? Will it just stay there? What a daft thing to do though haha. Quite funny

Oh cheers. Ain't started it or anything. I tipped it in the tank. So does that mean it ain't gone through the system yet? Will it just stay there? What a daft thing to do though haha. Quite funny

it's in the tank mate, so it hasent gone through the system, but if you start the car it will shoot straight down the pope and in to the radiator,

so disconnect the hose and kink it, so as it doesnt gravity bleed your radiator while your cleaning out the resivour tank,

i used to work in pharmaceutical and a utility operator and we used stuff called ''Janitol'' to remove oil, its a de-greaser then we would rinse the item until their were no bubbles in the water.

check under the kitchen sink mate, Mr Mussle may have a de-greasing agent you could use too.

and fair play to you for being calm enough to sit down and type it in to the forum lol if it was me mate id be bouncing around the car.

Nice one Lenny. Think you helped avoid a lot of grief there.

Thanks ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club