Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2006 Focus Engine Replacement Help

moy24

Hi i have a 2006 2.0 petrol focus titanium has 125k miles on it and basicly it has dodgy stem seals or valve seals and is burning oil bad i was thinking of just replacing the engine with one with lower miles i wonder if any1 knows if the c max engine fits my model i was told the mk3 mondeo engine fit as it the same can any1 help.

cant tell you of the sizes, however it could well work. Just bear in mind that you will also need to change the likes of the ECU to be compatible.

Thanks

And don't forget to count the £1000 or so Ford will want to re code everything ( which will be needed if you want it to start)

I would have thought having the head repaired would be much cheaper and easier than replacing the engine etc..

thanks all for ur advice i have decided to either get a focus enngine as i found a used one for £600 with 6 months garrenty and has 42,000 miles on it or i might just fix my engine but will it be better to replace the engine as my engine has done 125k miles?

thanks all for ur advice i have decided to either get a focus enngine as i found a used one for £600 with 6 months garrenty and has 42,000 miles on it or i might just fix my engine but will it be better to replace the engine as my engine has done 125k miles?

I guess it really comes down to how long you intend to keep the car? If you do swap the engine, remember get a receipt for it, you will need it for the log book paper work

£600 seems a fair price. How does the warranty/guarantee work though. does it need to be fitted by a vat registered garage for them to honor it?

I guess it really comes down to how long you intend to keep the car? If you do swap the engine, remember get a receipt for it, you will need it for the log book paper work

£600 seems a fair price. How does the warranty/guarantee work though. does it need to be fitted by a vat registered garage for them to honor it?

i wont keep it for long soon as i get the car fixed it will be sold as im after a desiel. i will get a recipt basicly with the garantee when i fit the engine whithing 6 months if something goes wrong with the engine il get it replaced free of charge or they will fix it but thats just for part i buy so if anyother part that goes wrong which i didnt buy from the engine place wont be replaced.