Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cracked Front Bumper

Nico.

Well after a nice shift at work ending at half 10, come out to my car and find the front bumper is cracked, a line going about 5 inches down from the corner point of the headlamp, and the part where it curves under at the bottom, there is a similar sized gap where the piece has all together fell off.... unfortunately there no camera's or anything to see how this was done... whats my best bet now??? new bumper or could this possibly be fixed at a good body works shop?? everything else is fine from what i can so far see, will try get a picture in better light

arr thats crap. Sorry to hear about it :unsure:

You can fix it with a resin kit but it is a real art to get it right.

With the cost of the kit and respraying etc. you're probably better off replacing it.

That's unlucky mate, sorry to hear about this. Just to say, I tried to fix a similar crack in the rear bumper on my car (was there since I bought it last year) and the resin kit did the job for a few days until it went again. A bodyshop might be able to do something with it though, and their repairs would certainly be better than my attempt on my car!

Resin kits do work but an awful lot of prep work is needed.

Drilling and sanding are required before even thinking of applying the resin then sanding and painting after.

I still reckon it would be better to replace - at least you know it's not going to crack again in short order.

I think you should try and find a good plastic welder, something similar happened me, except it was the part of the front bumper where it meets the arch, the main load bearing part, I got it plastic welded and it didn't even need painting, baring in mind it wasn't a visible part, but it only cost me 20 pounds to get done and its stronger than the original bumper ;) plastic weldings not easy, but if you can find some one who can do it properly and for the right price a weld and respray might be cheaper than a used bumper with scratches on it ;)

thanks for all the tips people! unfortunately i been in work today again (made sure i parked in a different place this time!!!), so have not been able to get a picture... my front bumper needed a lil bit of work anyway (scratched from what i could only guess as someone walking past) so it would need fully doing, not just the part(s) damaged, i know someone who does paintwork repairs for a local jag garage, so i may ask him on his opinion, and another who works at a body shop. only issue with a new bumper is the obvious cost though!

am liking the ball park for the prices there!! but unfortunately i got fogs on mine so them bumpers wouldn't do much help... thanks though!

thanks for the links mate! being a great hand!!

as for the pictures (car was a lil dirty though)

DSC_0095.jpg

DSC_0093.jpg

Oops, not nice.

Someone definitely knew they did that.

That looks like a exhaust hit when reversing.

Some people just don't get it do they?

that was my thought, and its buckled abit at the top bending... =/

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club