Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Mk7 Damp Problems

awright18980

Hi,

Seems to be a common problem but I have water coming in the boot of my MK7 58 plate Fiesta (lying in the spare wheel arch) and also a very very damp rear passenger carpet.

The car has been into a Ford garage twice to get repaired but low and behold my car is still taking water in, the garage employees seem pretty useless at pinpointing the problem.

I have found some older posts on this but they don't seem to come to any final answer with a common fault.

Can anyone shed any light on this and possible next actions?

Thanks in advance.

Alistair

I believe that some very early cars had a problem with a lack of sealant in the roof gutter seams (beneath the plastic trim which runs down each side of the roof), which led to water ingress into the boot & rear footwells. Might be worth checking out?

Do you have wind deflectors? I've noticed my windscreen musts up sometimes when parked all day or all night if it's wet and it only started happening since then. That's what I put mine down to

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club